Random Thoughts....

I caught two spiders this morning (read: ordered for two spiders to be caught by someone else) and one immediately started eating the other. I kinda feel bad for the little one, think it calls for a meme to be found/made.

why the crystal glass needs replacement, its not scratch resistant?
"scratch resistant" like "water proof" only goes so far. Let's say you fall off your bicycle and the glass scratches over tarmac, that'll leave marks no matter how resistant it is...

If you're going to do the case then good luck, I can't advise that you do any work on the movement though unless you actually know what you're doing. It's ridiculously easy to do something wrong and make it worse or cause some substantial damage to the movement.
Oh you misunderstand - I am getting a professional to do it. It is quite hard to find someone around here to work on this watch as it is valuable - he would not have taken on the Oyster as he can not get the gaskets, I am lucky that dad bought this gold but thin one. NB I wear a 15GBP plastic effort myself.

"scratch resistant" like "water proof" only goes so far. Let's say you fall off your bicycle and the glass scratches over tarmac, that'll leave marks no matter how resistant it is...
true, but ive done some experiment on mine, though not falling from bicycle. but screwdrivers and knives doesnt harm candino scratch resistant (sapphire) glass at all. So its quite difficult to scratch imo.

The second dial has moved 1 second forward in its neutral position.

I had this problem on my chronographs too. Turns out it's not an issue with the mechanism; you can adjust the position of the second hand by pressing a combination of buttons and holding them down for a few seconds. You can manually advance the position that way. If you still have your owner's manual, it's detailed in there, or you can try holding the lower button down, then pressing the top one rapidly and see if that does anything (or vice versa).

My Seiko chronograph needs its crystal glass replaced and the mechanism looked at. The second dial has moved 1 second forward in its neutral position.

I had this problem on my chronographs too. Turns out it's not an issue with the mechanism; you can adjust the position of the second hand by pressing a combination of buttons and holding them down for a few seconds. You can manually advance the position that way. If you still have your owner's manual, it's detailed in there, or you can try holding the lower button down, then pressing the top one rapidly and see if that does anything (or vice versa).

This is usually the case on quartz units, mechanical chronographs usually require physically resetting the hands though. How it happens in the first place is beyond me, if I had to guess it would be people sleeping with the watch on and somehow activating the hand correction feature. You may need to pull the crown out to a setting position for that function to work as well. It will say in the manual though, you should be able to google up the manual by searching the model number of the watch if you need to.

true, but ive done some experiment on mine, though not falling from bicycle. but screwdrivers and knives doesnt harm candino scratch resistant (sapphire) glass at all. So its quite difficult to scratch imo.

Sapphire crystal doesn't so much scratch as it chips and shatters. It's not unusual to see micro cleaving around the edges on a flat crystal, domed ones seem to hold up better as far as that goes, they also tend to not completely shatter as easily due to the additional strength from the done shape over a flat one.

Happy Independence Day to FG's American contingent! Time to blow some shit up. :p

This is usually the case on quartz units, mechanical chronographs usually require physically resetting the hands though. How it happens in the first place is beyond me, if I had to guess it would be people sleeping with the watch on and somehow activating the hand correction feature. You may need to pull the crown out to a setting position for that function to work as well. It will say in the manual though, you should be able to google up the manual by searching the model number of the watch if you need to.

My Casio Edifice's hand got knocked out of place when I went cave exploring. Couldn't figure out how to reset it until I got my Citizen and its owners manual detailed a similar fix; I had left it like that for 3 years. :lol:

My Casio Edifice's hand got knocked out of place when I went cave exploring. Couldn't figure out how to reset it until I got my Citizen and its owners manual detailed a similar fix; I had left it like that for 3 years. :lol:

I've got a Pulsar chronograph/alarm watch I use as my pool/work watch and the alarm subdial is an hour and 13 minutes out of sync with the main hands. I know there's a way to fix it, but I can't be bothered :mrgreen:

From my facebook status yesterday afternoon.

Old faithful erupted and so did my camera.

The responses:

Blaro: "giggity"
Jedd_kenobi: "nudge nudge wink wink"

Me: "my canon is in burst mode for the next eruption"
Jedd: "said the nun to the vicar"
Blaro: "alright constable, she said, but be gentle"

I really should find some of you on fessbook, although I can't be bothered to search out people I know locally so I don't know if it'll ever happen. :lol:

I agree. So this morning I visited my local restaurant and ate a three egg ham and cheese omelet with two pancakes.

Gahh between this and the peanut butter pie recipe in the tech thread i'm starving even though I ate cereal! :lol:

Gahh between this and the peanut butter pie recipe in the tech thread i'm starving even though I ate cereal! :lol:

Hey, that should be in the Food thread! I am curious now! :p

I gotta stop being boring. :D