Spot Them Beater Cars

Fail...

P1030451.jpg

P1030452.jpg

Saw that too...

WUT? They are both in pretty good nick. Also, why do you insist on posting boring compats over in the general sightings thread but never snap things like the strange blue sedan in the background? Is it an old Ford? Taunus or Granada maybe?

WUT? They are both in pretty good nick. Also, why do you insist on posting boring compats over in the general sightings thread but never snap things like the strange blue sedan in the background? Is it an old Ford? Taunus or Granada maybe?

It's a Ford Taunus.

Why don't you just take it for yourself? :p It looks like a sad dog that was abandoned and looking for a new owner. :(

0806111041.jpg

All four tires were "donut" spares. To be fair, I spotted this in the parking lot of the Pull-a-Part, so I imagine it was there to be scrapped.

Spotted this mini earlier today.

http://img12.imageshack.**/img12/8793/17082011225.jpg

That would definitely be me if I lived in Europe. I wish REAL Minis were so readily available 'Stateside. Nowadays even a rust-bucket, non running example commands thousands of dollars. :(

That would definitely be me if I lived in Europe. I wish REAL Minis were so readily available 'Stateside. Nowadays even a rust-bucket, non running example commands thousands of dollars. :(

they aren't cheap here either, you need at least 3000? for an 80s one, and 10 000? for a sixties one (in OK state)

a year ago a friend bought a mkII (external hinges and sliding windows) completely dissassembled and in boxes for a little over 100?. :woot:
the guy selling had no idea what he had in his hands...
it's tucked away now, awaiting restauration when he has finished derusting his '89 civic 16v

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bo/bone/2011/08/24/n1055773356_30272653_1982.jpg

Last edited:
They're not that cheap here either. A quick browse of AutoTrader finds this 1986 Austin Mini 1000.
AutoTrader said:

It's by no means a 'classic' model and is quite frankly in pretty poor condition yet is being advertised for ?1845. To put that in perspective, advertised at less than that right now is a '02 SAAB 9-5 Estate, a '98 BMW 528i, a '00 Lexus IS200 and a '99 Mazda MX-5 among many others.

People can charge whatever they like for Minis, regardless of condition, because of the 'image'.