So that's why GTO is called Kato...

Jaunzems

Car(s)
A practical Renault. I'm a murderer!
[video=youtube;ItZ-LEHLs64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItZ-LEHLs64&feature=player_embedded#at=22[/video]

And?

Not now Cato? I know it start with the wrong letter but...

It's not a GTO, the 250 needs no explination.
The 288 was designed for Group B rallies.
The 599 'GTO' is a faster 599.

It's not a GTO, the 250 needs no explination.
The 288 was designed for Group B rallies.
The 599 'GTO' is a faster 599.

This. GTO stands for "Gran Turismo Omologato", or Grand Touring Homologated in English. The 250 and 288 were homologation specials. But the 599 GTO has nothing to do with motorsports. I don't think a 599 of any sort (Excluding the 599XX program, which was created by Ferrari itself anyways) has yet to see some professional racing action.

Edit: Nevermind, I was under the impression the 599XX had its own little racing series like the FXX but a quick Google seems to prove me wrong.

Last edited:
It's not hard to crash a car with ABS, ESP and everything. Those things help and save when you're unexperienced and drive near the limit or just a tiny bit beyond. If you try to break free from the laws of physics, everything will end up like this GTO.

And I agree about the name. It's surely an epic car, but why isn't it called 599GT for example. Or 599 Scuderia. Just anything, but not a GTO, because clearly it isn't one.

I think, there's a surton beauty to a damaged Ferrari, would look really good on a plint in my garden, it's some kind of art. :p

It's not hard to crash a car with ABS, ESP and everything. Those things help and save when you're unexperienced and drive near the limit or just a tiny bit beyond. If you try to break free from the laws of physics, everything will end up like this GTO.

Here I am giving the driver a compliment and you start calling them inexperienced and physics-dumb. Tisk tisk. You just can't be nice in this world any more.

GTO you say?

hppp_0707_03_z+pontiac_pavement_pounders_shootout_louisville+1969_pontiac_GTO_burnout.jpg

:p

Did somebody say GTO??

7661d1213544193-1991-mitsubishi-gto-3000-gt-aka-japanese-ferrari-sale-gto.jpg