The "Things that annoy me" thread

Outdated PS2 kind :lol: It isn't THAT bad but it is enough to be a bit annoying and the wii on the other hand is rather glaring, especially with the stupid remotes if I am charging them.

When you take someone to a restaurant you really like, but they can't just order something off the menu. Instead they chose something and then ask that they remove certain things and then add other things. And then afterward they talk about being unimpressed with the place. Maybe if they actually ate something off the menu, rather than trying to create their own dish, maybe then they would have enjoyed it more. If it wasn't good, it was because you felt you were better qualified as a chef than those that created the restaurant. I hate when people do that. They don't like peppers or something, so they order a dish with peppers and ask that they be removed, which results in the dish tasting nothing like what it was suppose to taste like. Bah, whatever. :lol:

On my desktop, the motherboard has a nice light that shines noting that it is getting power from the power supply. Unfortunately, this light is very bright and also blue. It shines on the wall it faces at night. I don't really run my desktop at night since I'm weird and it saves on the power bill.

Unfortunately the power bill is so expensive that the house is also 80F or higher all the time. And my room is the hottest room in the house so it's usually about 90F+. It is annoying having to get up every 5 minutes to stand in the cooler part of the house (that isn't very much cooler) to try and cut how much I sweat.

Outdated PS2 kind :lol: It isn't THAT bad but it is enough to be a bit annoying and the wii on the other hand is rather glaring, especially with the stupid remotes if I am charging them.

The bright blue lights on the WII light up a darkroom like a battlefield.

Whoever first thought it was a good idea to put blue lights on anything for home use should be shot in the head.

Logitech support has been a huge pain in my backside for the last three weeks, refusing to honour the warranty on my MX5500 set. To begin with, they said an exception was called, due to the value of my set, which meant I would have to ship it to them (at my expense, no less) and wait until the new shipment is approved, who knows how long that takes. Fuck that! I get on the phone with them, support is rude and refuses to co-operate, when I ask to speak to someone higher up, they disconnect my call. Rinse and repeat three times.

After getting annoyed with that, I file a complaint with the BBB. Logitech magically responds two days later and agrees to replace my set without getting the old set back. I just got my new set today, now the problems are gone. I'm still appalled at the means to which I had to go, just to get them to honour the warranty.

For those interested in my issue, the left mouse button sensor was corroded or wearing out, causing it to register several clicks at once, instead of one.

Outdated PS2 kind :lol:

I'm sorry to hear that...:p

I don't really run my desktop at night since I'm weird and it saves on the power bill.

Why would that make you weird? People who keep their PCs running while they're sleeping need their head checked. Unless you're downloading something big, there's no reason why it needs to be on.

Oh it is even worse then you think, I bought a cheesy dock thing to charge the chargers, there is a cm high bar that goes around the whole fucking thing that lights up blue. It is blinding.

People who keep their PCs running while they're sleeping need their head checked. Unless you're downloading something big, there's no reason why it needs to be on.
My work PC Is always on, power cycled only for Windows updates and similar events (oh, and over the weekend unless I need to remote into it for some reason). When I get to work I want to start work (or reading FG *cough), not wait for the machine to start, the network script to run, and so on. Virus scans are also done overnight, which means the PoS anti-virus software doesn't eat quite as many of my valuable CPU cycles while I'm trying to work.

Pre rendered lighting sucks. Making extra work just for blurry static lightmaps that need to constantly be rebuilt. I can't wait until the next console cycle comes just to see pre-rendered lighting go away.

Who are these fuckwit designers who put bright, pulsating LED's on electronic devices? I don't need a fucking 60,000 lumen LED to tell me a device is on.

They're called Razer employees.

Whoever first thought it was a good idea to put blue lights on anything for home use should be shot in the head.

Not before the blue LED in a dark room for hours torture. Once they go blind, then you can shoot them.

What is annoying is the stye that's suddenly come up inside the lower lid of my right eye....ouch!
I had one of those once. The doc at the hospital scraped it out, right there in front of my eyes. I suppose he didn't have much choice about the latter part, to be honest :blink:

It was kind of "interesting" driving home with one eye essentially blind because of the local anasthetic, blood, and so on. I wouldn't have driven there if they hadn't told me that I was only going in for a looksee so they could arrange to remove it.

:lol: On the wii itself, I found that you can completely turn it off by holding down the power button when it's in standby (red led) mode. :p

How slowly a Parallels session runs on the Mac Mini at work. Geesh its like slow mo.

My reaction to finding out that tethering my iPhail via USB actually drains its battery:

fuuuuuu.gif

:lol: I got a warning about that ONCE while tethering with my non-iDevice. Hasn't happened since. Even if I plug in just the charger and do wi-fi tethering it keeps up, but just barely.

Related: "oooh, is that an iPad?" "No." "What's the difference? Can it run Apps?"

Hipsters.

:|

I think the thing that annoys me most is the wearing of lens-less 80's nerd glasses with nowt wrong wi' their vision. I'm quite blind meself an' I wear contacts and glasses an' have done most of me life. Me, me mam an' a load of other folk I know who NEED to wear glasses really don't like 'em. We don't see the point of just wearing frames. But apparently as hipsters go it's supposed to be "ironic" somehow.

Last edited:
My work PC Is always on, power cycled only for Windows updates and similar events (oh, and over the weekend unless I need to remote into it for some reason). When I get to work I want to start work (or reading FG *cough), not wait for the machine to start, the network script to run, and so on. Virus scans are also done overnight, which means the PoS anti-virus software doesn't eat quite as many of my valuable CPU cycles while I'm trying to work.

That's your work PC for which you don't pay for the electricity bill; you wouldn't do the same with your home PC, would you? ;)