Random Thoughts....

what kind of idea is that! you need a ridiculously large desk i tell you! :p anything else just isnt "proper"... that thing you posted looks like a spicerack, i wouldnt trust it with my laptop.

150cmx80cm and if I could I would have BIGGER.

Though I do like ym desk :)

I wanted a desk that saves space due to the size of my bedroom. Usually I have a desk at my dorm that's nicely sized, but because I'll be going to Community Uni for Fall this year, i won't have a dorm room and I'll commute from my Mom's house.

This from IKEA: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40111124 looks good, if a bit utilitarian. Might just get a Wal-Mart desk and be done with it, with something that looks better.

Finally got a new PS3. It is much older than my old one was - one of the original 80GB backward compatible ones - but it runs perfect for being a trade-in. Its a little noisier than my old one, but goddamn it, its backward compatible and it works great. I can deal with a little bit more background noise. :)

Wow those pictures are pretty interesting TomCat. Pretty scary being in a dust storm in a busy place, it once happened in Vegas quite a few years ago. It was really hard to walk outside.

Also, random thought!
Is it just me that thinks it is sorta random that my roommates gave me the remaining small bit of a frosting container they bought since they are going away to visit someone for a few days? o_O
Although, I'll be able to do whatever I want house party! working.

Finally got a new PS3. It is much older than my old one was - one of the original 80GB backward compatible ones - but it runs perfect for being a trade-in. Its a little noisier than my old one, but goddamn it, its backward compatible and it works great. I can deal with a little bit more background noise. :)

On a related note, my launch era 60GB PS3 died. :cry:

"Here comes the night time." Yeah, that's for sure.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Although it didn't get quite so dark with the Vegas one. The dust just reduced visibility to about nothing as as all you could see was light brown dust flying around.

The weather has been crazy ridiculous this year. Tornadoes/Funnel Clouds up here in Northern California-ish, really hot temperatures one week and then close to freezing temps the next. When I went back to my other house this past week my boyfriend and his brother were telling me about how it was close to snowing just two weeks before I showed up... In June, and before that it was in the 80s. (I think it was in the mid-to-upper 30s since it was stormy that week.) When I showed up it was in the 90s.
It did once snow on the 4th of July there once back in the 1970s as what my Grandmother tells me, so it does happen I guess.

I was in the lift earlier and this guy around my age came in with his little brother who was about four and five. His little brother was jumping up and down trying to hug him and he did that whole older brother feint smile and pat his little bro on the head thing. Now I tried to feign nonchalance but it just wasn't possible because that was the single most adorable thing I've seen all year. In hindsight, it also reminded me of myself, I was a late child and my sisters were in their teens when I was born.

Last edited:
Awwww... I love seeing that sort of sibling affection among children I've worked with, mainly because as children, my brother and I really didn't get along so well when I look back on it! :lol: Having older siblings starting school and to essentially show their younger siblings the ropes is very beneficial for the transition from early childhood care settings to school or kindergarten, from what I've seen. Having siblings from the save family attending a service together also makes transitions easier.

Funny how we've sort of become 'matey' in adulthood. Although growing up I wanted to be like many of my friends and have an older sister, in hindsight I don't think being the eldest was so bad after all. I think teenage bitch-fights with a sister, would've been far worse than any noisy argument and shoving my brother and I used to engage in as kids. :lol:

Last edited:
It amazes me just how with mine an' the fella's mutual group of "people we both know" (particularly the women) have absolutely no idea that I've been his bird for 8 months now. In fact most still think of him as a free-agent while I still have my "chopped liver" status.

Ahh well they'll all figure out who am I am when me angry head goes on. :lol:

Ha ha! The ignorance of people you think know you really well can be funny sometimes! A similar thing happened until recently with a friend of mine who's oldest friends (who had known her a long long time before I did, because they went to school together and were also neighbours in a small town etc.) didn't realise for ages that she and one of her close guy friends had moved on from simply being friends to being an 'item'. I worked it out a long time before they did, and she hasn't let them live it down yet! :lol:

Haha! I know, people can be so strange at times.

Although in me own case I dunno if it's 'cause they're in denial about me bloke even having a woman; he knows A LOT of people it's scary o_O an' I know a lot of 'em have a thing for him it's just that some of 'em do know that he has a bulldog circling him. I.e. ME. XD

Orrrrrrrrr, like I said before am still chopped liver/not even game 'cause I reckon I am actually invisible to most of 'em.

MEANWHILE! I miss me old very German dentist who knew what he was doing an' knew exactly what was up wi' me teeth just by me "attempting" to smile. Got a new dentist now. Funny how in well over a year I've had fuck all wrong wi' me teeth (umpteen check ups and x-rays an' all-clears) an' now there's this new dentist I need at least 3-4 fillings, well over 100 quids worth of work.

I thought I had no more teeth left to fill to be honest. That an' it's a lady dentist which I don't trust as far as I could throw. She barely spoke an' when she did it was broken shattered English.

just....leave it, we don't want to open THAT one again.