Transformers 3

I thought it was pretty obvious when I heard his voice, and they modelled Sentinel's face to look like Nimoy...AND he throws out that 'Wrath of Khan' line just to eliminate any doubt.

I know that now! (now being after the movie but before you said it) that's why my only option is seppuku. :( I... uhh... don't have any sterile swords though...

Speaking of Transformers....I don't know of anybody remembers this happening during filming about a year ago.

Only part of that shot they used was like a second of Optimus pulling around the corner, cut it before any other autorobotos were even shown.

Rumormill : Tranformers 4 will feature no LaBeouf and Jason Statham (?!que?) as the new male lead.

I'm not buying it either.

Saw it today. Not too bad I guess. I enjoyed it.

The only thing that really bothers me about the Bay Transformers movies is the over abundance of comic relief characters. Seriously, there is like 25 characters who seem to only be there to make you laugh. I mean, there are some good laughs, but when there is so much death and destruction, you'd think they'd take it easy with the jokes.

Also, did anyone else notice how sparkling clean Bumblebee is all the time when he's in car mode, but the moment he transforms all the Camaro body-panels on his body are scuffed up and damaged?

Also, did anyone else notice how sparkling clean Bumblebee is all the time when he's in car mode, but the moment he transforms all the Camaro body-panels on his body are scuffed up and damaged?

This is thanks to an ancient Cybertronian technology called 'product placement'.

This is thanks to an ancient Cybertronian technology called 'product placement'.

Oh, for sure, but that doesn't mean they couldn't be consistent. Just make the car sections perfect when he's in robot mode too, I mean, who cares about it being realistic? Or just give the Camaro a few fake burn marks and paint damage, it would probably make the car look even more badass.

I don't want to be pedantic or anything, but I kept noticing it. Even when Bumblebee wasn't in any fights, he transforms and shows signs of damage. And at the very end when he rolls up in car mode with SAAAAAAAMMMMMM!, the car is perfect and he transforms and you can watch all the damage slowly appear like magic.

Oh, for sure, but that doesn't mean they couldn't be consistent. Just make the car sections perfect when he's in robot mode too, I mean, who cares about it being realistic? Or just give the Camaro a few fake burn marks and paint damage, it would probably make the car look even more badass.

I don't want to be pedantic or anything, but I kept noticing it. Even when Bumblebee wasn't in any fights, he transforms and shows signs of damage. And at the very end when he rolls up in car mode with SAAAAAAAMMMMMM!, the car is perfect and he transforms and you can watch all the damage slowly appear like magic.

There is actualy an 'in canon' explanation for this, not that they tried very hard to make it sound believable but anyway this is it : apperently the autobots use holograms to keep up a perfect appearence in vehicle mode when panels get physically damaged in battle to maintain a believable disquise.

Yeah.....

Moments like that make me wish I was born a trekkie.

Last edited:
There is actualy an 'in canon' explanation for this, not that they tried very hard to make it sound believable but anyway this is it : apperently the autobots use holograms to keep up a perfect appearence in vehicle mode when panels get physically damaged in battle to maintain a believable disquise.

Yeah.....

Moments like that make me wish I was born a trekkie.

I guess that makes sense. :lol: Although I think they only do it so the Star Cars always look good. Like how some car companies refuse to let video games simulate damage to their cars because they don't want them to look bad. But personally, I always just assumed that the transformers are made of tougher stuff than plastic and thin aluminum. They're pretty tough and should be difficult to damage, other than cosmetic scuffs and burn marks. I think the cars would have looked even more badass with alittle cosmetic damage.

But anyway, did anyone else laugh when Epps gave Sam a glock handgun towards the end? What exactly is he suppose to do with that? What is it, 9mm? Yeah, that will make those decepticons tremble. :p

But anyway, did anyone else laugh when Epps gave Sam a glock handgun towards the end? What exactly is he suppose to do with that? What is it, 9mm? Yeah, that will make those decepticons tremble. :p

To kill that douchebag, speaking of
he didn't die when electrocuted?

To kill that douchebag, speaking of
he didn't die when electrocuted?

Yeah, but that wasn't why he was given the gun. That was just the only thing he attempted to do with it, but it ended up causing more harm than good. Didn't the douchebag use the same gun against Sam later?

Yeah, but that wasn't why he was given the gun. That was just the only thing he attempted to do with it, but it ended up causing more harm than good. Didn't the douchebag use the same gun against Sam later?

Again, discussing plot holes in a Bay movie isn't the wisest idea. :D

Again, discussing plot holes in a Bay movie isn't the wisest idea. :D

True, but I don't think it was a plot hole. They just gave Sam a weapon, which is great, he's in a war zone afterall. It just seemed kinda sad, a glock handgun with no extra ammo, given the situation. It just made me laugh is all. :p