S17 starts August 22 on BBC America

shellygrrl

BBCA's Facebook page said:
Breaking BBC America programming news! Coming in August: The Hour on 8/17, Top Gear S17 8/22, L&O:UK 8/17, Ramsay?s F Word & Ramsay?s Shark Bait 8/9 & new Doctor Who Specials.

I presume, like S15 and S16, it'll be mostly content-complete.

I had heard BBC America chopped up the episodes, but from what I could tell they left most of it in, even the news. Still, no matter, Netflix all the way!

From S15 onwards they've been mostly content-complete with some different music. I think the Bolivia and Vietnam ones are that way, too. But the normal episodes from S14 and earlier (and the Polar Special) are all edited down to 42 minutes or so. (Actually, S15 and 16 have edited versions, too, usually for marathons.)

All of the iTunes Season Passes (except for Series 10) have been content complete, but with changed music.

BBC Canada, sadly, does edit for time...most hour long eps usually end up around 47 minutes. They finally aired the final episode of series 16 tonight. We'll probably see 17 by Christmas... :rolleyes:

From S15 onwards they've been mostly content-complete with some different music. I think the Bolivia and Vietnam ones are that way, too. But the normal episodes from S14 and earlier (and the Polar Special) are all edited down to 42 minutes or so. (Actually, S15 and 16 have edited versions, too, usually for marathons.)

I have noticed just how different S15 and S16 look when given an hour as compared to eighty minutes. For the record I'm not counting 15X05, since that will always be an hour-long show (thanks, F1).

I was watching the Vietnam special over the weekend; BBCA had some edits to make the ninety-minute time slot (I noticed during the train ride when I didn't see the hot glue bit).