TG SatNav Voices

Not sure what overspeed and underspeed warnings TomTom gives but you should use manly words and girly words as the ovwerspeed and underspeed warnings.

Mine has a nice british accent just has a gentle "beware" if you speed. Garmin bongs at you. :mad:

Mine has a nice british accent just has a gentle "beware" if you speed. Garmin bongs at you. :mad:

My Garmin doesn't care if I speed. I'm not sure it even has speed limit data in it. And it has a max speed feature in the trip counter screen. Always fun to see how fast I've been going lately. Just wish my average speed was anywhere near my top speed.

The silly thing about Garmin is... you need to download a POI set for it, which only has a few speed limits (usually where speed cameras and radars are) but it's so stupid that it doesn't know you're actually going on the highway above the said road at a 130, which is the limit and it'll bong at you to go 50... >_<

I am going to bump this thread really hard.

*bump!*

I have the toolset to create a TomTom voice, and I am able to cut segments out of the episodes. All we need to do is find them! I posted the list in 2008, who wants to help out telling me where I can find the segments? I have all the episodes (although S1/2 are only the BBC Prime reruns unfortunately) so no problem there! :)

Awesome! I am sooo going to have to buy a cheap one to see if I can do this.

I know with Tom-Tom, you can get one with Vader and a few other Star Wars characters...why not a Top Gear one?

I mean...how hard can it be?

:clarkson: Perform a legal U-turn. How hard can it be?

:may: Left....I think..ummm

:hamster: Not gonna panic, not gonna panic, not gonna panic...you just indicated with your wipers, that's bad.

I wonder if the Navigator app on Android phones accepts custom voices...

i would love to see this, ive seen all the tg epps, when i get back from vacation next week i can work on locating the sound clips

I'm useless at these sort of things, but I thought I might entertain you with these two YouTube vids. :mrgreen:

[video=youtube;2ljFfL-mL70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ljFfL-mL70[/video]