Clarkson: Is it time for Clarkson to go? If so, who shall sub him??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafa31181

Car(s)
GM small hatchback
I mean, clearly jeremy is what makes and has made TG what it is; a HUGE success. But then Jeremy has aged pretty badly, some of his best jokes are now getting old, which they didn't until about 4 or 5 years ago.

Is it just me, or is it in deed time for the producers start thinking of someone else to host the show? If your thinking like me, who should replace Jeremy?? My best shot would be that tall skinny guy from Fifth Gear, what's yours?

Absolutely not. Especially if you want the Spaz to take over for him. To quote Clarkson's favorite PM, "No, no, no, no, no!"

Uhhh, no. Sorry to be to the point, but this is about the dumbest question ever posted to these forums.

no offence, but that is a ridiculous question. jeremy isnt my favourite presenter out of the three but without him it would suck, and he writes most of the script as well doesnt he? i cant imagine top gear being the same if you got rid of any one of the presenters, it just wouldnt work as well as it does. :)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry...couldn't think of anything else to respond with! :p

NO!

Jeremy Clarkson IS, like it or not, Top Gear. Of all the 3, he is the most irreplaceable. Any replacement would find it very hard, if not impossible, to avoid the trap of trying to impersonate him. You could replace Hammond or May and still have Top Gear (albeit a changed Top Gear), but replacing Clarkson would change the show so much it would no longer be recognisable. And why should his "ageing poorly" have any bearing on your question?

If you want to replace Jeremy, then (IMNSHO) you should replace James and Richard, too. All three together, or an entirely different three.

How, exactly, has Jeremy aged badly? He seems to have all of his faculties, he's no easier or harder on the eyes than he was 5-10 years ago...are you privy to some info on Mr. Clarkson that the rest of us aren't?

Agreed with Ruddeger...it does seem to be just you who thinks it's time for him to be replaced.

I'm shocked. No "noob" comments, and no red blobs next to rafa's name? It's almost as though this forum has developed some kind of decorum.

The show is good the way it is.

I mean, clearly jeremy is what makes and has made TG what it is; a HUGE success. But then Jeremy has aged pretty badly, some of his best jokes are now getting old, which they didn't until about 4 or 5 years ago.

Is it just me, or is it in deed time for the producers start thinking of someone else to host the show? If your thinking like me, who should replace Jeremy?? My best shot would be that tall skinny guy from Fifth Gear, what's yours?

I want to beat you over the head with a blunt instrument until your eyes pop out......does that answer your question?

I want to beat you over the head with a blunt instrument until your eyes pop out......does that answer your question?

looks like the op has made a new friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.