DiRT 3

Driving lessons paying off?

I also finally turned off all assists last night for the achievement (I normally use ABS and stability control, but the rest off).

Ohh!! I forgot all about the assists! I keep them all off except for ABS, finally turned on stability control and now I dominate the Trailblazer stages that I previously couldn't get past 5th place. I turn it back off for the other stages though. It gives a way too much "handling on rails" feeling.

No wonder you're having more fun now, stability control off actually lets you drive :lol:

On another note: I am not giving Microsoft/Codemasters the $10 to download the Monte Carlo pack. They can go to hell. I don't care if I haven't completed the game without it. $70 for a "complete" game is bullshit. No thanks. DLC is the devil. (Yes this is the first time I've really had a DLC issue)

Last edited:
I hope sometime in the future there will be a "download all DLC in one pack for less money" since I didn't buy the DLC you have to pay for until now and don't plan it if you have to pay twice for cars plus one track...

I have to admit I did download the Gymkhana Mini. That car is ridiculous :lol:

I'm seriously loving this game except for the damn buggies. Buggies on snow at night is the worst thing ever, although it does give me a perverse sense of pride to start from eighth in my least favorite car on my least favorite surface at my least favorite time and still kick the entire field's collective ass.

That mini gymkana car is fucking bonkers.

so tossable

Also, The DLC pack with the Lancia Stratos comes out tomorrow

That Mini Gymkhana car is pretty damn sweet, although I wish you could use it in career mode!

So in the DC Compound I sort of miss judged the speed needed to clear a jump and ended up rolling the car 10 and a half times, 7 of them in the air... In-car camera is kind of dizzy lol

Heads up to the North American PSN users: The Asia Track Pack is out today, and should be $4.99, except in the store it is showing up $0.99. So grab it while you can before they fix it.

I wish they wouldn't charge for 'DLC' that's clearly already on the disk....

I don't think Shibuya was on disk mate, was a decent sized download. Superteams probably were, but those were pre-order bonuses. Superteam liveries are up in the PSN store now too, .99 each or all 4 for $3.

Also,

-Some are reporting Pro Tour is switching to staggered starts. Didn't see it myself on PS3, so maybe it's in the latest patch, which a few said were out in Australia. Time will tell.
-Apparently they are running Double XP online until Sunday night:
Double XP is to celebrate the launch of the recent X Games Asia Track Pack and the real life X Games 17 which begins tomorrow. Double XP should run until midnight Sunday 31st July so get it while you can

Great time for those rank 35 trophy/achievements.

BUMP

Got Dirt 3 today through the post. I waited until it was ?20, so basically half price. Initial impressions are good, but the cars are a bit too darty for my liking. Also this has also been said before, but why do they charge for content that is already on the disc? I don't want to keep seeing cars or events which I want to use/do but can't because I have to spend money on them. Luckily, because I didn't spend as much on the game, I should feel less guilty about buying the dlc...

Bigger bump...
Got this as a steam gift with graphic card, I don't wanna take the 11 gig hit.

I think rewind function, is the worst thing to happen to gaming since gameloft. Is it a great game or just a playable ok game?

Last edited:
Bigger bump...
Got this as after steam gift with graphic card, I don't wanna take the 11 gig hit.

I think rewind function, is the worst thing to happen to gaming since gameloft. Is it a great game or just a playable ok game?

In my opinion , a great game ! In cheer excitment , even better than Forza4 and nearly on par with NFS Shift

Dirt 3 is a very good game. turn off the assists and hoon away

Yeah, with the assists off, this game comes alive!

And no one is forcing you to use rewind. I only used it when I totaled the car.

Card getting sent back for RMA, hoping when they give me a new card next week... I also get a new Dirt 3 code.

FG sweepstakes for a $10 game...

Haha, I'd enter, Dirt 2 was worth playing but not worth buying :D

Sucks about the GPU but at least you have onboard for now, if mine cuts out I'm SOL.