Suomi-miitit kes? 2011 / General #gear.fi Meet Thread Summer 2011

In case anyone was wondering, my lovely car decided to leave me at a lovely petrol station...in Espoo. I was just about to go in the car wash, when it wouldn't start. Right now the diagnosis is:
-Engine turns over
-There is a spark
-There is no fuel in the exhaust

Which means it's either a relay, a pump, or a dodgy wire/connection.

Back home now.

Man that was exhausting, 13 hours and 600 km's, all of them fast. Can only feel sorry for Pry in his torturebox. But it was a lot of fun.

Shame about the s-class Matyas, I would've liked to see it in the flesh. But it did you a favour in leaving you stranded so near to home instead of in Miehikk?l? or something.

Calculated my fuel consumption over those 600 km's, 11.08 l/100km. :shock: I just can't get over how economical that 5.6 engine is. After all, the trip was pretty much as uneconomical as possible, just without cold starts. Most of the meetup route was flooring it or on the brakes. :lol:

Let's see some pics. I put a dumptastic set here: http://jupix.info/kuvia/fgcruising/
Too tired to run them through psp today.

Thanks to the hosts.

Also, can we get a googlemap path of the complete cruise route?

Last edited:
Biggest gear.fi meet ever. :w00t:

As I was the lead car and "main organizer" I only had time to take a few group photos and rear view shots.

IMGP8008.JPG

IMGP8007.JPG

IMGP8014.JPG

IMGP8017.JPG

IMGP8025.JPG

IMGP8024.JPG

This was an excellent trip, thank you all for participating.

Last edited:
Great meet! Biggest yet, much funs were had and merriment all around. Or something.

Pics!

1) Gathering everyone at Porvoo ABC.
_small.jpg

Cars in attendance

2) Pry's Viper
_small.jpg

3) DaBoom's BMW
_small.jpg

4) Loop and his dad came in a 2002.
_small.jpg

5) My Pug, I gave a ride to Frankiess
_small.jpg

6) MXM's Seven
_small.jpg

7) Public's Sapporo
_small.jpg

8) Brother Michael's Merc, in which Galantti also arrived
_small.jpg

9) Geeman's borrowed car
_small.jpg

10) Jupix's Merc
_small.jpg

And now, some misc shots

11) Public James May'ing like a boss
_small.jpg

12) Frankiess shooting a video, might be edited in the future and linked somewhere
_small.jpg

13) DaBoom, our organizer came prepared
_small.jpg

14) For D-Fence
_small.jpg

15) Taking a break
_small.jpg

16) MXM attaching a spy cam on his rollbar
_small.jpg

17) BUGS, they're everywhere! Aaaarrrgh!
_small.jpg

18) Sausage fest
_small.jpg

19) View from final destination
_small.jpg

Rest of the 9th of July 2011 meet pics can be found here

Excellent stuff. Finally had a chance to test the 7 in the longer run, quite a bit of motorway driving, emptied 2 tanks.

The things I learned:

• Breaks are needed at least every hour to stretch legs and back.
  • Need to take clear lenses for the glasses if driving at night, 100 km/h without glasses at all is a bit too windy for the eyes.
  • The car has far more grip than I know what to do with.
  • Maybe because I'm sitting very low, maybe the headlights are weak or maybe because my night vision is crap, I couldn't keep up with the Primera at night :) Had to brake for every single bend, as I didn't see at all where the road ends. Was very very tiring to drive without external lighting.
  • Consumption seems to be less than 10l/100km at steady 80 km/h! Around 12l/100km when driven with a bit more enthusiasm. Which is still very good in my view. Need to fix the fuel level sender asap, at the last stop I poured 32 litres in to the tank, the capacity being 35l :lol:

Oh I wish I could have been there! But thank you mikas for the pics and great to know the 7 works like it should, so now it's only the owner breaking down ;)

I want more pics connected to names, especially the new faces coming to the ringmeet! :D

Names to pics, though not all attending the ringmeet :)

DaBoom
_smaller.jpg

Geeman
_smaller.jpg

Galantti (viilaaja@ptcruiser or something here at the forums)
_smaller.jpg

Frankiess and Public
_smaller.jpg

MXM
_smaller.jpg

Loop
_smaller.jpg

Pry
_smaller.jpg

Jupix
_smaller.jpg

BrotherMichael
_smaller.jpg

Last edited:
It seems my fuel pump or fuel pump connections were a bit bad. The car is now home again after some tapping of the pump, and I am measuring a steady 6A across the connectors. I will clean the thing today, and do some test drives. Till the next meet then :) It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

So... newbie meeter reporting!
Was anchious to see the Finalgear-peeps in person, and it almost didn't happen for me.

So was getting ready to wait when Matyas comes to pick me, and he calls me saying that the merc won't start.
I was like :cry: and tried to get some irc-help to the diagnose the problem.

lastsoul made good quote to the irc:
Code:
<@Lastsoul> going to #gear.fi meets: ambitious, but rubbish .P

After i had consumed all my possibilities of mikas/frankies giving me a lift, a wild BrotherMichael appeared to irc asking the begining time for the meet!
I begged him for a lift, and he was nice finn to give me a ride in his merc.

So 15mins later he found where i live and we started instantly drove to motorway to lahti. Before lahti we did found nice road to porvoo and at the starting point bromic was ordered to park to the bigger area.

The meet begun!
Some minor things happened, curvy roads were driven, lot of water was spilled to windshield from the tyres of the 7 and finally sun appeared and gave us awsome weather. did i mention i hated the bugs @ the final destination?

Also DAMM that 106 mikas has was fast on those roads, he was glued to bromics merc :eek:

For the pics of my 2 year old nokia 5800 clik this link

Somehow i managed to take pics of 7's backup roof that is fastest nonmetallic roof on of the market!

medium

yeah my head did explode, luckly it regenerated.

Awesome day, awesome pics. Thanks to DaBoom for the arrangementings.

Cool to meet the new faces and sit in all the different cars. I'm still itching from the damned mosquito-bites, but I'll try to get some material uploaded some day as well. :p

Last edited:
Kuitataanpa viel?: kiitokset j?rjest?misest?, oli ?lytt?m?n siisti p?iv?. Kuvatkin n?ytt?? hyv?lt? :)

Niin unohtu kiitt?? hyv?st? reissusta Daboomia ja BrotherMichaelia kyyditsemisest?.
Lis?? n?it? reissuja, kuhan saan kyydin.