[17x03] July 10th, 2011

[17x03] July 10th, 2011

• Total voters
Good episode overall, I wish they'd do more like this instead of attempting to do "comedy!"

I found the McLaren to be a boring car. Looks dull and well it just doesn't interest me. The Land Rover bit was fun and I loved the used car challenge. I skipped the guest since I could care less.

It WAS comedy.

why do people always skip the guest? and on that note why would you skip a guest like Seb?!?

Great episode. And wow what a laptime of MP4-12C but then again it is said that it was tested there at the test track when it was being developed but still wow 1:16-something time - which is faster than the Veyron SS!!! Range Rover Evogue was a good review as well but way more focused on the off-road-ing bit but a good one nonetheless. And sir/madam/sir - madam! was funny. Vettel's 'view turned out to be interestingly funny - good that there was no requests to raise his index finger and point that to the ceiling of TG hanger when he went on top of the power lap board! And buying second-hand cars for less than the Nissan brought back memories from the old days of TG - always great to have some proper car film rather than all the fast, cheesy bits - although they are always welcomed! Yeah, it was a really good - in fact a great episode!!

Last edited:
It WAS comedy.

why do people always skip the guest? and on that note why would you skip a guest like Seb?!?

It wasn't forced "comedy" like that idiotic bit where they "built a snow plow".

I always skip the guest (unless I find them interesting like Simon Peg) because I simply don't care, especially about racing drivers or minor minor British celebrities.

McClaren: Liked it.
News: It was there.
Land Rover: Great cinematography, SUV doesn't inspire me.
Guest: I don't watch 'em.
Jezza and Richie's used car challenge: I found one BMW 850l for $5100 in Florida. CL600? Ha! I don't think I'd take either, but then I like trucks.

Aside from my dislike of the cars, it was a good show.

It wasn't forced "comedy" like that idiotic bit where they "built a snow plow".

I always skip the guest (unless I find them interesting like Simon Peg) because I simply don't care, especially about racing drivers or minor minor British celebrities.

yea, but watching people you dont know being interviewe can be fun. even though i dont know these people i still think the interviews are great. i say give them a chance IMO

Probably my favorite episode of the series so far. Have to agree with the McLaren being a wonderful car even if it is a bit souless, the baby Rangey isn't as bad as I feared but very much a Chelsea tractor (though at least they pretty much designed it to be this time) Vettel was a great guest of course, and the cheap car challenge was actually quite interesting.

It was great fun, a very strong episode overall. 9.

9.5/10
Basically a perfect episode - no brute-force jokes etc., and some (sort of) consumer advice.
The McLarens laptime is almost unreal :eek:
Though JC could have more detailed elaborated why the McLaren didn't feel special; the conclusion felt quite generic to me.

Last edited:
McLaren - The review got me mad at first since I don?t like the MPwhatever, and I thought Jeremy was giving it a flawless review ... but in the end he came around saying exactly what I think about the car. So well done ...
News - alright.
James and Victoria Beckhams car - very good (apart from the stupid "funny" ending).
Vettel - skipped.
Richard and Jermy buy a sub 7000 british money car - loved it, but not so much their conclusion. Of course buying a 12cyl used sportscar instead of a small hatchback is a bad idea from the finacial-view. It?s silly to pretend otherwise. It?s a nice setup for following episodes ... but don?t say stupid stuff like you mean it IMO.

9/10 - like Jeremy said at the end ... it was all about cars. Loved that.

How is the insurance with that kind of cars in Britain? Car prices and taxes in Finland are just wrong...

This episode being about cars made it so excellent. Vettel is a nice and fast guy as it seems. Amazing season this.

Why don't they call the segment "Star in a reasonably priced F1 car" if the guest is a F1 driver, and let them drive around in a HRT? :D:D:D

the mp4-12c is a modern day NSX, blows the contemporary Ferrari out of the water, but with none of the sex.
beyond initial 'it' car sales it will flop.

Prediction: After two weeks, Jeremy will come back to the air hangar to find the merc sitting on the ground, ABC completely failed. There's a reason no one buys these cars for 10k, nevermind 20. That said, toppa should have given them 20k each for when they do fail, since the suspension repair is 12k itself.

this was absolutely brilliant. Best episode for long, my very first 9 rating. that was top gear, loved every single bit.
just got myself a qoute for a CL600 from confused. fully comp. age 27 and 1 year no claim bonus. for 15k miles the quotes start at 2200 BPS. not that bad I pay 700 BPS for a MGF worth 500 BPS. but car insurance in the UK is just insane compared to what I am used to.

Best episode this series so far! Really good segments all really car relating, though wanted to see more of James' driving trough Las Vegas with "Cher". Still a niner!

I've rewatched it. Nope. Still no love for Vettel. What an oik!

I really hope they continue to use the Merc and the BMW. My guess is those will remain brilliant. Usually in those challenges they find that the cars have lost half their power and the steering wheel may come off. Those two look properly serviced and the Merc could easily fetch double the price in Germany. I did some checking. But I'm not too good at bargain hunting so YMMV.

Apart from Vettel every segment was genuinely interesting. Although I disagree on the McLaren(which I thin is exciting) and the Range Rover(which I think is interesting but pointless).
The interesting question would have been: would you have taken that Range Rover to Bolivia? My guess is the answer to that one is negative.

Last edited: