Ownership Verified: 244 inches of America (2011 Ford F-150)

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
Car(s)
F150, CJ7, Mustang GT, Tenere, Griso
This is my new 2011 Ford F150. It is a supercrew with the 6.5 foot bed, and 4 wheel drive, the largest configuration F150 available. It has the 5.0 DOHC 32v 360hp V8 and a few other minor options such as Ford's SYNC system and the chrome package.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyjeeper/2011/07/16/IMG_0225.JPG

And for size comparison, here it is with my brother's MkV GTI.
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyjeeper/2011/07/16/IMG_0226_001.JPG

Proof and more pics such as engine and interior in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TC
Nice.

Although TBH I expected a Superduty F250

How's the SYNC on the ford? I didn't get to test it out much on the mustang I drove, but I'm loving Chrysler's comparative system (i forget what they call it... UConnect or something)

I'm sorry, but...:glare:

You put us in that much suspense for a pickup truck. :p

Oh well, congrats and enjoy! :D

I'm sorry, but...:glare:

You put us in that much suspense for a pickup truck. :p

Oh well, congrats and enjoy! :D

Wasn't exactly his fault, the dealership flubbed the first try and then had to go get this one from almost 200 miles away.

Also, I think this is the first Coyote 5.0L on the forum, no? 360 hp (268 kW) @ 5500 rpm, 380 lb?ft (515 N?m) @ 4250 rpm is nothing to sneeze at.

Last edited:
Oh by the way, what were the odd options that had the dealers running around like chickens with their heads cut off?

DOHC, 32-valve?
How Un-American of you. :p
Congrats, looks very useful. :mrgreen:

Oh by the way, what were the odd options that had the dealers running around like chickens with their heads cut off?

Big one was the long bed. Something like 90% of the crew cab trucks come with the 5.5' bed. CJ wanted (and got) the 6.5' bed, which is long enough to stick most motorcycles in the bed without having to use the tailgate to support the rear wheel.

Next, that with the 4x4. Most people don't buy these crew cabs in XL or XLT form with 4WD because they genuinely don't need it and it's not an insignificant upcharge. Winnowed down the field more.

Bottom line: In the entire state (a truck-mad market area larger than the nation of France), at the time he made the purchase agreement, there were exactly three 2011 crew cab long bed 4x4 F-150s with either the EcoBoost 3.7L turbo or the Coyote 5.0 in inventory. The first one that the dealership said they were going to get was at another local dealer (I used some resources of my own to track it down for CJ so he knew where it was) but this dealer completely flubbed the trade/transfer and it was sold to someone else at the holding dealership instead, which is where that delay came in.

DOHC, 32-valve?
How Un-American of you. :p

Ford's been selling 32V DOHC V8s since 1993. :p More importantly, they're cheap, they're reliable, and they don't cost four limbs to repair if you somehow blow them up (which usually happens after applying way too much boost.)

Koenigsegg thinks well enough of the design to buy/borrow/use/steal the Ford design for their cars. :p This 5.0L version that CJ just bought is the latest iteration/descendant of that original 4.6L modular V8 engine.

Last edited:
Ford's been selling 32V DOHC V8s since 1993. :p More importantly, they're cheap, they're reliable, and they don't cost four limbs to repair if you somehow blow them up (which usually happens after applying way too much boost.)

Koenigsegg thinks well enough of the design to buy/borrow/use/steal the Ford design for their cars. :p This 5.0L version that CJ just bought is the latest iteration/descendant of that original 4.6L modular V8 engine.

I knew most of that, hence my :p as I was just playing with the sterotype that 4 valves per cylinder is bad/not needed.
After posting, I read about the Coyote engine and was really impressed.

And not just Koenigseggeggeggegg, either. DeTomaso, Panoz, quite a few companies used the Ford modular engine in their cars.

Nice truck, CJ! That's pretty much how I'd build my truck - except for the SuperCrew cab.

Which makes me ask - why did it have to be a SuperCrew? My little sister has a 2008 F-150 FX4 Supercab with the 6.5' bed and she loves it. There is a lot more room in the back of the newer SuperCabs than in your 2001. And a 4X4 SuperCab with the 6.5' bed probably would have been easier to find too.

Congrats CJ. Approved bigtime! Keep the rubber bits at the bottom.

(also, love the threadtitle :p)

Last edited:
From skimming the title I thought he bought an old Fleetwood. :p

Congrats.

Glad to see you didn't get a red one. It would have clashed..... :whistle:

Nice truck, congrats.

Yeah but even with a 6.5 foot bed he'll still have to drop the tailgate to use it for sleeping! :lol:

Almost nobody pairs the longbed with the crew cab, so that cuts it down. I wanted a light color, XLT, not a higher trim package and 4 wheel drive, but not the base engine. Put all of those together and I end up with a rare combination.

And not just Koenigseggeggeggegg, either. DeTomaso, Panoz, quite a few companies used the Ford modular engine in their cars.

Nice truck, CJ! That's pretty much how I'd build my truck - except for the SuperCrew cab.

Which makes me ask - why did it have to be a SuperCrew? My little sister has a 2008 F-150 FX4 Supercab with the 6.5' bed and she loves it. There is a lot more room in the back of the newer SuperCabs than in your 2001. And a 4X4 SuperCab with the 6.5' bed probably would have been easier to find too.

I'm basically going to be living in it for the next few years. My job starting in August is going to require me to drive up to 20,000 miles per year or more. The crewcab will allow me to get more stuff in it out of the weather. I looked at a supercab, and it felt tiny compared to the crew cab.

I knew it! :p

Nice truck, hope it serves you well.

Yup, your guess was the closest. I would have gone with the EcoBoost but there simply weren't any available.

Congrats CJ. Approved bigtime! Keep the rubber bits at the bottom.

(also, love the threadtitle :razz:)

Thanks, I had actually thought of the thread title long before I got the truck. I just had to get it to I could use it :p

Last edited:
[video=youtube;sWS-FoXbjVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI[/video]

Seriously, this should be the default song the radio plays upon entering the vehicle. With video.

Congrats CJ!

Those back seats sure got a lot of leg room.

Oh, and you need to shave dude. :p