Google+ Who's on it?

I honestly can't see the point of having another Facebook but I'm still on there...for some reason...

This.

Most of my friends are already on Facebook. I really don't have any gripes with how Facebook works, so Google+ is kind of redundant for me at this point.

Oh my god. XD I used to get that said to me when I worked at the MegaBowl. XD

That an' Han-Mer Superstar...

You should have brought in a sledgehammer and each time they said it, smash one of their fingers. it would probably stop quickly then. although you might end up in trouble with the management and the authorities.

I received the invite (thanks RdKetchup), but Google won't let me accept it because I'm underage. Well...fuck.

To all those complaining about farmville posts, you do realise that facebook lets you block posts from apps right? It has so for some time...

Yes. Still annoying when a new facebook crapp start spamming your timeline until you block it. And as far as I know they haven't done anything about like-jacking.

I haven't used facebook beyond arranging events for awhile. Even with only fifty friends sifting through all the crud is too much. Google now seems to get it, I can just ignore circles and pay attention to the select few I have interest in.

Well, noone says you have to use Google+.

Although Google has a nasty habit of listening to their userbase. If enough people complain, they'll reverse that.

They want everyone to explore and make friends and talk about how much they love Google+ and how much more popular it's making them. They'll probably bring it back when they feel like it's got a better foothold, but part of the reason it's got such a great start is the ability to have those privacy settings.

I already sent them a nasty-gram about it. I explained that I work with ciminals with histories of violence, some of whom have some severe anger and personality problems and having anything available for searching opens the door to stalking and possibly puts me at risk. I also pointed out that I came to + because of the increased privacy, if they take that away I will just go back to Facebook because there's nothing that sets + apart.

Oooh, good one, comparing them to facebook directly will get on someone's nerves for sure. :p

You're right, but I prefer not to make any more information public than I have to. Some of my clients are dangerous and I don't want them getting access to anything I say in my private life that they can use to figure out anything about me - where I live, if I am home right now, who is important to me, etc. I don't want to come into work to discuss substance abuse and have a client call me out because I posted that I was having a glass of wine with dinner, or went to a bar with friends. Keeping a separation of work and home life is vital to what I do, and many of my clients already have Protective Orders or Restraining Orders out against them.

What I don't understand is that you can set your profile up on facebook and google+ so that you can't see anything unless you're friends, so being able to be searched for doesn't make all that much difference as far as I can tell?

So I need to go through every line of my profile, double check every post and photograph, untag myself from any photos uploaded by freinds and family OR hide my online presence entirely except to those in my circles.