Eve online, FG corporation and other talk

It's actually on sale for $2.00 today through Steam.

Will buying the game on steam enable one to extend a current account's subscription?

no, via steam its basicly new account!, you have to extend the account eighter via in game currency (30 million isk or so :p ) or those 30 day game-cards :p
And the game bought via steam locks your account name to your steam name :p

I'm (very, very slowly) downloading the demo now, I was intrigued by the idea of paying my subscription with in-game money. I dunno if you want me to wait and see if I get the full game, but I'll join.

Come to our office and put in an application any time. There's so many different aspects to the game, having someone explain those and support you is invaluable. There's also the Eve university and many wikis/guides on a multitude of subjects.

I put an application in last night, but so far the game seems impossibly confusing and involved.

yep thats eve for a newcomer :) but dont worry the new corpies will help and guide you.

nice map jmsprovan! im in Green Alliance aka Atlas Pets :)

Bumping this coz Galantti introduced me to a finalgear eve community that I never knew existed. Been playing eve for 3? years elsewhere.

If you tried and quit because it was too confusing, this is the perfect time to try again, because the latest expansion (from late May) introduced a vastly improved new player experience.

(Also, if you quit because your corp was taking itself too seriously, or was otherwise terrible, then that's a shame, because there are tons of corps out there that aren't terrible.)

Last edited:
i've often tried playing EVE but the learning curve was so steep that i frequently didn't bother. if its improved, then i'll probably give it a go.

If the concept intrigues you, then you absolutely should. Also, you don't need to understand everything right away. Just figure out missions first to make money, and go from there. In a game where there's so much to do, you can leave stuff to be learned later, to keep it fresh. Like I said, I've been playing for over 3 years and still haven't explored half the branches in that diagram.

Last edited:
If the concept intrigues you, then you absolutely should. Also, you don't need to understand everything right away. Just figure out missions first to make money, and go from there. In a game where there's so much to do, you can leave stuff to be learned later, to keep it fresh. Like I said, I've been playing for over 3 years and still haven't explored half the branches in that diagram.

Damn you, re-downloading the Eve 14 day trial (via steam) and i'll give it another go.

Last edited:
Success!
028.gif

Hey, let me throw you an extended trial, just in case. It's 21 days then and if you subscribe, I get a free month also. pm me your e-mail if you want this.

Last edited:
Success!
028.gif

Hey, let me throw you an extended trial, just in case. It's 21 days then and if you subscribe, I get a free month also. pm me your e-mail if you want this.

that doesn't work with steam ;)
steam creates automaticly new username (your steam username) and you only get the 14days (cannot be extended with the email thingies).

I know, but AFAIK you wouldn't want to use Steam anyway unless the game's on a supersale there.

i signed up to a 14 day trial through the EVE website and then downloaded the demo via Steam.

I've been wanting to try EVE, as the concept is very intriguing and the idea of paying for a game with in-game currency is awesome. However, I've been told it takes anywhere from a couple months for really good players, all the way up to a couple years for really average players (like me) to start earning enough to pay for the subscription and everything else in-game. And seeing as how I don't currently have funds to maintain my gaming habit, much less add to it, should I wait or give it a try now and come back to it when I can?

I've been wanting to try EVE, as the concept is very intriguing and the idea of paying for a game with in-game currency is awesome. However, I've been told it takes anywhere from a couple months for really good players, all the way up to a couple years for really average players (like me) to start earning enough to pay for the subscription and everything else in-game. And seeing as how I don't currently have funds to maintain my gaming habit, much less add to it, should I wait or give it a try now and come back to it when I can?

there's a free 14 day trial or Jupix's option of a 21 day trial. Thats plenty of time for you to figure out if you like the game or if its going to be a waste of time.

I know, there's also the Steam option, my question was should I wait to try it when I have the money, or try it now to get a feel for it and then come back to it later hoping I don't forget everything? :p

Wait, what, 14 day trial and I didn't know about it? I've been wanting to try this game out for ages but could never commit myself to a monthly subscription (same with WoW).

go to www.eveonline.com and on the right there will be a box called "Free 14 day trial" click on it, you'll have to create a account but once you sign up, you download the game and then away you go.

It has MASSIVELY improved since the last time i played it. very impressed with it.

^I'm already downloading the trial on Steam :)
Having always been quite fond of MMO's but kind of bored with the wow-esque medieval style I am really looking forward to trying this type of setting in an MMO.