Post your animated GIFs thread (56k takes a bus)

Now that is cool!

wow, i have to try that!

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/07/20/1311094224_giant_rock_skip.gif

I call witchcraft! How come he can do that with this huge piece of rock and I can never get more than 2-3 hops with even the perfectly flat pebble? #fml

The increased mass of the large stone will carry it farther against the drag of the water's surface tension. At least, that's my guess, followed by crying "shenanigans!"

I think the increased mass will give it more inertia and therefore a longer spin. :dunno:

Chicken? :p

Splain this plaese. Must know how not to kill self. Everytime I try something like this I get a boom. That can be fun, but, can be bad.

Splain this plaese. Must know how not to kill self. Everytime I try something like this I get a boom. That can be fun, but, can be bad.
My insomniac mind thinks that it's filled with fuel in vapor form, which is heavier than air, with the neck of the bottle being just the right size for a controlled burn instead of an explosion.

You'd have to get one of the resident physicists to explain in detail.

Whatever it is, it's pretty incredible to behold.

Not sure I fancy trying to recreate it though...

My insomniac mind thinks that it's filled with fuel in vapor form, which is heavier than air, with the neck of the bottle being just the right size for a controlled burn instead of an explosion.

You'd have to get one of the resident physicists to explain in detail.

I really just wanted to know what fuel to use.:)

Probably just methane or anything heavier than air (so not hydrogen). I suspect that so long as there's little to no oxygen in the bottle, there's no chance of an explosion because all of the oxygen is coming through the neck at a fixed rate, slowing down the rate of burn.