Hammond: Journey to the...

I have. Not bad, not bad at all. A damn sight better than James' recent money grab. You can tell that Hamster has got a bit of a passion for the subject. But it has to be seen in HD. The cinematography is phenomenally beautiful and deserves the extra resolution.

Thank you, Mr Z :) I am about to watch it tonight.

I watched the first episode of Journey to the Centre of the Planet last night and I did not expect what I got. The science advisers, visual designers, writers, editors, animators, and everyone else involved made an excellent first episode. In fact, if the series continues to be as good as this first episode, I think I would end up considering it the second best science series I've seen after Sagan's early 80's astrophysics series Cosmos. (That remains to be seen.)

Hammond is having an amazing year. His recent season of Engineering Connections was very, very good. I thought it was his best non-Top Gear work until I saw this first installment of Journey to the Centre of the Plane.

(edited because I typed Earth instead of Planet in the show's title. It must be that the British (mis)spelling of center as "centre" addled my thoughts.)

Last edited:
Just finished watching and I thought it was fantastic - definitely one of his better programs. I think he did a brilliant job and I really enjoyed the special effects and cinematography. Well done, Richard! More like this please and I'm looking forward to next weeks episode.