The Amazing Spider-Man

jedd_kenobi

Forum Addict
Car(s)
A Blue Police Box

While some parts of it look good, I really can't decide whether i like this new Spider-Man reboot or not.

Andrew-Garfield-Spider-Man-costume.jpg

Last edited:
Looks a bit too dark, edgy, and serious (though its a bit early to judge I guess). Spiderman has always been a bit cheeky, so I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I don't understand. It's barely been 10 years since the Toby vesion, and that didn't seem too bad. Why the re-boot? I can think of a ton more superhero characters that they could have explored instead of this.

Why does it need a reboot anyway? The last movie may have been "meh", but it wasn't bad enough to warrant a reboot.

Any word on who the villain will be in this one?

If they choose Green Goblin again ...

Ha, that's what I thought when I saw it.

I've never been a Spiderman fan. The comic or otherwise. Just not my thing.

Why is almost every "new" movie these days just a rehash of something that was already made? In this case, a couple of times?
Because George Lucas and Steven Spielberg.

Or, on a more serious note, Hollywood was 50+ percent reboot, remakes and re-imaginations from the second generation of silent films up until the late sixties.
Then New Hollywood came and changed the game. For some time.

But finally, "Jaws" and "Star Wars" came along, the blockbuster got invented, and the old studio hacks took over again. It's just that they remake the hell out of comic books instead of crime and adventure fiction this time round.

Holy shit they need to make a FP Spiderman game, basically Mirror's Edge with webslinging.

Also, Illusive Man as Uncle Ben?