The Ultimate macOS Thread

My school's first class email client is bugging out in Lion. sucks for them.

People still use POP? :shudder: Jesus gave the world imap for a reason.

some say the IT dept. at my school does it out of spite and that they're cruel, cruel people. But in case they hear this, I never said anything......

OK. I just installed it. Steve Job's destain for color needs to end.

Weird, I just got an error trying to purchase the new They Might Be Giants record. It said "This content is not available for download."

It looks like Time Machine no longer works over SMB now. Thanks Apple.

It doesn't work any more. They now require afp. I loaded up netatalk, but even with enabling dcast128 support on Lion it complains about Server Replay Cache and dies.

From what I can read they restricted network backup to the newer AFP 3.3 to improve reliability... In a way you can't blame them for removing SMB backups, as it was never officially supported in the first place and was just a hack!

A hack that worked flawlessly. Anyhow I'll wait and see what happens. I've had enough server side experience with Apple products to expect Apple to break things randomly.

Last edited:
Getting increasingly frustrated with 10.7. The sound is muted every time I start up, and last night it took well over 2 minutes to shutdown my macbook with a SSD.

iTunes is considerably faster than in Snow Leopard, it really does benefit from being a 64bit app now. AirDrop seems like a great feature, too bad I have none to try out it with..

4days + to download lion.

Fuck. This. Shit.

Waiting for 10.7.1, because why wouldn't you.
Yeah I has serious issues with SL when I bought it immediately. I had to downgrade and reupgrade later, it was a big hassle.

Also I just looked briefly at the page for lion. Why in gods name does mail now look like a freaking bastard child of the new horrible jalopnik layout?