The "New Toys" Thread

btw I like your sig. Remind's me of Feynman's quote: "Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it."

Hah. The quote in my sig is often attributed to Feynman, however as far as I understand the situation, nobody is really sure if it was he who said it.

Are they? My only complaint is that they're close together. The brake is quite firm.

They have no feel, it's especially problematic if you wish to drive without ABS in GT5 for instance.

Life not in Technicolor, but in 3D. Just got a 3D Samsung Series 7 27" monitor for a 2 week test. Already I can report improvements in size over my own 23" LG Flatron. w0wzerb0wzer! 0_o

tAfZu.jpg

Last edited:
HOW good is it? I've been keeping an eye on them since Logitech pushed out the G13 (is that the one?)...

I'd rate it 9/10, it is definitely a high quality product. The only problem i have with it is that the #15 key down by the 3 little LED lights is a bit awkward to reach. If anything this thing is making me want more Razer products in my life.

I can't help but wonder how useful the scroll wheel and D-pad would be, unless some sims or other programs could make use of them.

Been on a shopping spree for tech toys here in the US. Damn it's so cheap here!!!! Why can't australia be the same? :( pics coming up soon :)

It doesn't seem cheap to me :(

It doesn't seem cheap to me :(

compared to australia? it's a bargain even when best buy/fry's doesn't go on sale :D, more so when they do :D

I'd rate it 9/10, it is definitely a high quality product. The only problem i have with it is that the #15 key down by the 3 little LED lights is a bit awkward to reach. If anything this thing is making me want more Razer products in my life.

You need better thumbs then :p

In my case I need a Logitech G13 vs Razer Nostromo straight up comparison D:

Now to find shops that stock both...

The Thrustmaster site states the diameter as 7.75", which is 19.68cm, making the radius 9.84cm or "about 10cm" as she stated.

It's a good thing she's a girl, that would be way too small for me. Even my Driving Force GT's 28cm diameter wheel is a bit small for my taste.

28cm is perfect imo, I wish the wheel in my car was this size.

^I've got one (with the dock though) and once updated to 3.1 it is awesome. Browsing is faster than I expected, streaming YouTube videos in 720p works, just... and overall the UI is very fluent, have only encountered a bit of lagg with a lot of programs and games open in the background. But then again I did have a HTC Hero so I'm kind of used to a bit of lagg from time to time :p

The Transformer here starts at $500 for the 16GB without the dock...

You think you have it bad?

?588 for the 16GB version... $847 to you.

*goes on a killing spree*

transformer 16GB + dock = 599eur here
wihout dock 32GB = 499eur

so transformer is the best now?

iPad 2 16 GB = 479,00 ?
iPad 2 32 GB = 579,00 ?

Just sayin'

I can't help but wonder how useful the scroll wheel and D-pad would be, unless some sims or other programs could make use of them.

Every program makes use of them. You can program them to do anything you like. By defaut they are just a second mousewheel and an additional set of cursor keys.

You need better thumbs then :p

Why? i can use the buttons just fine.

Last edited:
Hm, over here prices for the Transformer are:

16GB: ?399
16GB with dock: ?499
32GB: ?499
32GB with dock: ?599

But honestly I don't get why anyone would buy the 32GB model since you can just expand the memory with a SD card or if it's storage you're after it has 2 USB ports.

iPad 2 16 GB = 479,00 ?
iPad 2 32 GB = 579,00 ?

Just sayin'......

16GB-models:
ipoop2 wifi 479 eur
ipoop2 3g 589 eur

32GB-models:
ipoop2 wifi 579 eur
ipoop2 3g 689 eur

just saying 32Gb transformer is without iOs and has usb-port.