Okay fine, what's a good cheap RWD car then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a big fan of the 99-04 cars personally. The last of the mustangs before they went "retro". Just out of curiosity why dont you like the early 90's models? OBD-I is worth considering for maintenance cost reduction alone, depending on the cost of parts of course.

They're too 90's. Round edges, etc. I just don't like their look. :)

4.5's are okay, but I'd rather than a 5th gen.

Im still baffled at the idea that someone would willingly commit to not doing their own maintenance. Its like someone saying "No thank you sir, i dont want that payscale raise, i'd like to chew my own tongue off instead". Image issues? Fact of the matter is really, really attractive girls love guys in 4th gen camaros (they dont know what the hell it is other than its loud and fast, only car nerds pretend we are toothless rednecks), like supermodel-attractive. the ugly redneck ones are usually hanging around the lifted truck boys. Im as baffled as you are about this...

ps: Mustangs are slow, so are evos. but mustangs are REALLY slow.

pps: Fun fact you must be interested to hear, I'm personally currently 2 and 0 against Viper SRT-10's in drag races, as in i raced 2 and won both times. This on a 'maro modified on a student budget, still stock displacement, still N/A.

Embarrassed to be associated with the above.

PS- Got a timeslip of your best pass?

Ls1 'maro looks like a chrysler sebring, dont know what else to tell you. I'd sooner have a SN197 than that ugly ass car.

#1 it's either S197, or SN95 ;)
#2 You drive a car that looks like a Geo Storm, you have no room to talk about catfish-loooking cars. :lol:

1107640232.jpg

EEA0C3512E1835ECD2ADD8_Large.jpg

LT1 inferiority complex at it's finest. :p

Ask us about cars you like after driving them a bit. :)

This.

Wow Matt, you and people of your type make Fbody owners look bad.

Agreed.

I wouldn't bother arguing with matt, he is just doing his typical trolling.

I'd laugh so hard if Viper got fed up with all this Mustang vs LS1 crap and just got a 300Z or something.

I wouldn't bother arguing with matt, he is just doing his typical trolling.

The sad thing is that he's probably sincere. No troll can go on that long with that level of disjointed rambling.

I'd laugh so hard if Viper got fed up with all this Mustang vs LS1 crap and just got a 300Z or something.

I've already decided I'm most likely getting a Mustang. They're cheap, relatively reliable, etc.

I gotta poke around Cars.com, Autotrader, etc. for a bit to find one. :)

He could probably find a 90's 300ZX twin-turbo in his price range, but an old turbocharged car will inevitably have an expensive problem at some point or another. A used 350z wouldn't be a bad idea. I had thought of the 350z before, but based on the last time I looked, I thought they'd be too expensive. I just had a look at used 350z prices now, and they are actually pretty reasonable.

He could probably find a 90's 300ZX twin-turbo in his price range, but an old turbocharged car will inevitably have an expensive problem at some point or another. A used 350z wouldn't be a bad idea. I had thought of the 350z before, but based on the last time I looked, I thought they'd be too expensive. I just had a look at used 350z prices now, and they are actually pretty reasonable.

Turbo motors are right out, and the 350Z has no torque. Case closed.

He should get this :D

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...60-Cobra-7-5-litre-Monster-W0QQAdIdZ288605817

Looked at some Mustangs on Cars.com. There's a serious premium for the V8's. :(

apparently no one here has a sense of humor. viper, shoulda just told everyone you're getting a mitsubishi eclipse :p

There's a serious premium for the V8's. :(
A friend has one he'd sell you for cheap. It is in Houston, but that's not the major impediment. It needs a new transmission. As you're NOT looking for a fixerupper, I don't think it's the car for you. If you were willing/able to repair the thing, you could likely make a killing.

Last edited:
I've already decided I'm most likely getting a Mustang. They're cheap, relatively reliable, etc.

I gotta poke around Cars.com, Autotrader, etc. for a bit to find one. :)

If you MUST go to the Fords, please get an S197 so you can be happy with your purchase.

Forgot to mention in the f-body ramblings that they share the T56 with the Viper, save for a few minor things like the input shaft which you won't be able to tell the difference between anyways.

Viper, you might want to check out '99 Cobras. Run an OASIS on the VIN to ensure the power recall was done among others. If you find one well taken care of with service records go for it!

You will find these with medium to medium-low miles for less than $12,000. I am not sure about the market where you are but these Mustang V8's from '99-04 (minus Terminators) are very affordable.

Last edited:
Just so he can get used to the gas mileage the Viper he will eventually get, he should buy a truck. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.