Breaking news: Blast hit Norwegian government building in Oslo

Current thoughts are political, since the camp was a Labour Youth camp, and the building housed the PM.

I held out commenting for sometime today, to much B.S. early on and not nearly enough answers. I tried to follow this on the news but it was also not very good information for some time. I also have a couple of my young nephews here that act as a huge distraction and kept me from following this with the interest that I wanted to.

This is a distgusting act. Words can not even begin to express my thoughts and sorrow, for the people, families, Norway and the world.

Hard to imagine one armed man killing so many. I tried to find other examples of a lone gunman killing so many but the only thing that comes close in the U.S. is the Virginia Tech massacre.

I love how some of you immediately concluded that Muslims were to blame.

Edit: From what I've read, the perpetrator actually hates Muslims. Ironic?

Last edited:
Some of the pictures circulating of this tragedy are incredibly disturbing, not to mention heartbreaking. :cry: Sincerest sympathies to the people of Norway and all those affected. All of the Norwegian FG'ers checked in, right (he said hopefully)?

Last edited:
I don't even know where to start. My family and I were hoping to visit Norway next year, as my sister was an exchange student for year there a while back.

I never thought a place like Norway, a country that is very peaceful and affluent, could come under fire by a mad man. :(

I wish the people of Norway the best of luck and rise up again.

My thoughts are with the people in Norway and I hope you will come out of this with your heads held high. My condolences

I read now, more than 85 people are dead in what appears to be an act of political fanatism.

I am deeply touched by this event. My country and my city still keep the scars of similar attacks, for similar reasons. Some of them without any responsible found up to now. They can take decades to heal properly, if they ever do.

On the good side, as few as it's worth, Norwegian people know now who the culprit was, and will most likely learn exactly why he did it, what madness lived through his head. For now, we all know, once again, that blind hate, refuse to dialog, simplistic ideas, fanatism, brings on terrible outcomes. The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

I hope and encourage Norway to rise up again and recover quickly from this terrible moment.

hearing the stories on the radio, of the survivors of the shooting, is heartbreaking and terrifying at the same time... such horrific things they saw before hiding or swimming to safety... i'll have nightmares just having heard the stories told on the radio.

Surreal. At least police got him alive, so there can be some manner of justice.

Are you joking? Isn't he going to get a life sentence?

Sad thing. I don't think he will get his mind restored in 21 years.

So does anyone know why this guy did it?
No.

But I can speculate that it is based in a political ideology related to nationalism.

This begs the question. Is this man a terrorist and was this a terrorist attack? Because when various news outlets were asking if this was a "terrorist attack" I got the distinct feeling that they were really wondering if muslims were behind it.
Of course he is a terrorist. He blew up the fucking government district in Oslo and shot and killed 80 young members of the Labour youth organisation. Why the hell would he not be a terrorist?

I love how some of you immediately concluded that Muslims were to blame.

Edit: From what I've read, the perpetrator actually hates Muslims. Ironic?
Hates or not, he probably thinks that Islam is ruining his belowed nation, and he's attacking the catalyst of what he see as "sneak Islamisation".

I don't even know where to start. My family and I were hoping to visit Norway next year, as my sister was an exchange student for year there a while back.

I never thought a place like Norway, a country that is very peaceful and affluent, could come under fire by a mad man. :(

I wish the people of Norway the best of luck and rise up again.
You're very welcome to drop in. And thank you.

Shame he'll get a maximum of 21 years in prison! He should be executed by firing squad at Akershus Fortress like Vidkun Quisling!
He won't. For terrorism (or for that matter treason) carry a maximum set sentence of 30 years. But he will also be given a securing sentence, which will be able to keep in imprisoned for the rest of his life.

I'm quite content he will not be given a capital punishment.

I have no read your latesr comments. Just wanted to say that I Am on my way doen to the parliamentbuildibg now. Updates soon

My condolences and sympathy to all Norwegians and especially to the members of the families of the killed and injured.

The first thing i heard this morning on the news : 87 dead.

What a carnage : my deepest sympathy for the norvegian people.

Last edited:
I have just come back from filming all around the 360 degr perimeter. Will post on yt soon.