Breaking news: Blast hit Norwegian government building in Oslo

Breaking: Police think there might be another suspect on the island. Prime Minsiter Jens Stoltenberg and Minister of Justice Knut Storberget is out there right now.

Shame he'll get a maximum of 21 years in prison! He should be executed by firing squad at Akershus Fortress like Vidkun Quisling!
*headdesk* We are better than that. We don't have to shed more blood to punish for this.

EDIT: On top of this, we don't need to give the European (not only the Norwegian) Nazi movement a new Horst Wessel.

Last edited:
Shame he'll get a maximum of 21 years in prison! He should be executed by firing squad at Akershus Fortress like Vidkun Quisling!
There is legal room in Norway (as well as Sweden) to keep people imprisoned indefinately (f?rvar), as nomix pointed out earlier.

Latest news is that the arrested man is a confirmed member and previously a youth-chairman of Fremskrittspartiet and that police is looking for a second assailant.

Last edited:
That is indeed a terrible act. My condolences to all that lost a family member or friend due to this crime, and my best wishes to the wounded.

I must say that I'm incredibly impressed by the Norwegian politics, first of all the Prime Minister, for their calmness and refusal to blame anyone before getting the necessary facts together. If I were Norwegian, I'd actually be proud of that.

And now for something completely different, the technical point of view: So, a bomb explodes in a busy city district that shatters windows all over, witnesses say they felt the earth shaking some kilometres away, and it kills only seven (I hope this number is still right) people. Someone - probably the same guy who detonanted the bomb - goes on an island with a gun a starts shooting. Over 80 people dead. Holy f...

Of course he is a terrorist. He blew up the fucking government district in Oslo and shot and killed 80 young members of the Labour youth organisation. Why the hell would he not be a terrorist?

Oh, I think he's a terrorist. I just haven't heard that description used since news of who perpetrated the attack came out. In fact, the 24 hour news networks over here have provided very little coverage of what happened....which in and of itself is quite pathetic.

No, that is not the Norwegian way, which is why they were attacked by a fellow countryman, and not an outsider. The rest of the world has far FAR too much respect for Norway to attack them, and that is why I knew from the onset that was an "insider" job.

I'm quite content he will not be given a capital punishment.

Same here.

a young woman has written on a blog what happened, google translate, so not very good grammar etc..

Hell on ? Uta island

I have woken up. I can not possible to sleep more. I'm sitting in the living room. First laughs grief, anger, happiness, God, I do not know what. There are too many emotions. There are too many thoughts. I'm afraid. I respond on ? the slightest sound. I will now write about what happened on Ut?ya island. What my ? ? yne So, what I f? ? LTE, what I did. The words come straight from the liver, but I would also anonymize many names out of respect for my friends.

We had krisem? ? te in the main building after the explosions in Oslo. After that there was a separate Meetings tea for members of Akershus and Oslo. After Meetings seats were many, many people around and in the main building. We Tr? ? seal us that we were safe on a ? ? ? y. No one knew that hell would break out with us too.

I stood in the main time when panic bread t out. I h? ? rte shots. I s? ? him shoot. All began ? ? l? ? pe. It's first thought was: ? ? Why shoot the police p? ? us? What the hell?! ? ? I solved needle into the small room. People solved Fr Screamed. I was scared. I managed year to get into p? ? one of the rooms at the back of the building. We were many in there. We l? ? p? ? floor all together. We h? ? rte several shots. Were more afraid. I gray h. I Architecture and nth nothing. I s? ? my best friend through the window, wondering on whether I should go out to fetch him to me. I did not. I s? ? fear in your eyes of his. We were lying on the floor ? inside the room for a few minutes. We agreed not possible to get more in case the killer came. We h? ? rte more shots and decided below to jump out the window. Panic bread t from among us. All in the room rushed to the window and attempt VDE below to jump out. I was the last and thought, ? ? I am the last to jump out the window. N? ? d? ? r i. I'm sure, but it might be okay, then I know that the other is trygge.? ? I kasket my bag out the window. Pr? ? VDE year managed down, but lost her grip. I landed hard at the left part of the body. A boy helped me up. We solved on into the woods. I s? ? me around. ? ? Is he here? Shoot him for me? Viewing him myself? ? ? A girl had a broken ankle. Another was severely injured. I re-enter them VDE below to help a little bit Before I went down to the water. I search kte cover behind a sort of brick wall. We were many. I prayed, prayed, prayed. I hope pet to keep all God s? ? me. I called Mom and said that it was not safe we ??would Meetings TES again, but I would Gj? ? re everything below to clear me. I said several times that I loved her. I h? ? rte fear in her voice. She gray h. It hurt. I sent a text message to my dad, told him I loved him. I sent a text message to another person I am very, very happy in. We were a little contact. I sent a text message to my best friend. He did not answer. We h? ? rte several shots. Kr? ? p us together. Did everything we could for the year to keep warm. There were so many thoughts. I was So scared. My dad called me. I gray t, said I loved him. He said that he was by Road with my brother below to take against me when I come across to the mainland, or they came to the island. There were so many emotions. So many thoughts. I told everything I could. It took some time. The other called parents eventually started all year texting for fear that the killer would h? ? re us. I thought p? ? s? ? ster mine who's away. How I would tell her how it went? What happened to me. I updated p? ? Twitter and Facebook that my parents ? pig was alive and that I was safe ? ? ?. I wrote that I was waiting on ? police. People jumped into the water, began year swim. I was lying. I decided that if he did, would I play death d. I would not be solved pe or swim. I can not describe the fear, all your mind, what I f? ? LTE.

A one came. ? ? I am from politiet.? ? I was lying. Some shouted back that he must support prove it. I do not remember exactly what he said, but the killer began year shoot. He charged. Architecture and h more. He Architecture and not those around me. I was lying. I think, ? ? now is over. He's here. He takes me. N? ? d? ? r ? jeg.? People screamed. I h? ? rte others were shot. Others jumped into the water. I'm locking it. Mobile phones in the hope Spirit. I l? ? ? legs on top of a girl. Thurs the 2nd locking top ? my legs. I was lying. The insert in text messages. The mobile phone rang several times. I was lying. I played the death d. I'm locking for at least an hour. It was completely quiet. I turned cautious on ? head below to see if I could see someone live. I s? ? corpse. I s? ? blood. Fear. I decided to travel myself. I had been lying on top of ? a body. Thurs equal l? ? p? ? me. I had a guardian angel.

I did not know if he would come back again. I had not the courage ? looking at ? everyone who had called and texted me. I hurried down to the water. I took off my sweater. It was great. I thought it would be difficult year swim to me. I considered whether I should bring my cell phone or leave it again. I put it in his back pocket and jumped into the water. I s? ? several others in the water. They had swimming mt far. I s? ? that someone had gathered around a floating luftb? ? t or something s? ? nt. There were many who picked up those swimming meet beyond. I'm swimming meet, swimming meet and swimming meet against the air thing. I screamed. Gr? ? h. Was cool. Thought p? ? when I would drown. It was heavier and heavier. I asked. I continued. Was tired arms. Decided below to turn me on his back and just use my legs below to swim on. I sank. I started year swim normal again. A little while I thought they had gathered around luftb? ? ten year began moving away. I screamed. Begged them year wait on ? me. I must have seen visions. I'm swimming meet at least a few hundred meters Before I now died out. We talked a little together. Did what we called, where we came from. N? ? r boat seats acquires rte past we screamed for help, but they picked up the other as just swimming meet first. A man in a boat not come to us. He threw out several life jackets. I got hold of one. Got it on me. I held on to the small luftb? ? ten long until the same man came back year pick us up. All got into it. He began year acquires re the country. After a while, started the small boat his ten year take in some water. I did everything I could for ? ? f? ? most water out. I used a choose a department support. I was exhausted. Another girl in the boat ten took over. We came to the country. We got blankets. T? ? clean pressed on. I gray t more. A woman hugged me. It was So good. I gray t h? ? yt. I sobbed. A man l? ? nte me his phone. I called Dad: ? ? I live. I did it. The time now is I trygg.? ? I put on. Gr? ? t more. We must support go a little bit. Completely unknown people took us into their cars and run rte us Sundvollen hotel. I solved on the below to see if I could see my best friend. I s? ? p? ? him anywhere. I s? ? a friend. I gray t h? ? ylytt. We hugged each other for long. It was good. I walked around, looking for friends. My heart pounded. I gray t more. I signed up with the police, so through all the lists. I did not know about my best friend lived. I s? ? through all the lists. I could not find his name anywhere. I was scared. I got a duvet. Took off my our tea socks. I was half naked. Got a jacket. I re-enter them VDE year dial a bit. Contacted my parents again. My dad and brother were by Road to recover me. I drank some cocoa. I sat down. Thought. Gr? ? h. So many friends. Hugged them. Gr? ? h. I got l? ? ne a data. Updated the Facebook and Twitter again that I was now safe. I was p? ? hotel for several hours before engineer my family came. I looked for familiar. I talked to a priest. I told all I had seen. It was a good call. A man from the Red Cross s? ? p? ? s? ? clean all mine. Cleanse them. Time passed. I was with some of my friends. All talked about the same. How we survived. What had happened. I asked several if they had seen my best friend. No one had seen him. I was scared. Thought to keep all it was my fault because we had failed year stay together. A friend got n? ? kkelkort to a hotel room. We sat there, so p? ? news. There was anger, sorrow, so many emotions. My dad called, they had come. I took the elevator down. L? ? p out of them. Hugged my brother and my dad a long time. I gray t h? ? yt. My brother gray t too. It was a good ? ? moment. I s? ? a boy who looked on ? my best friend. I shouted his name. He turned around. It was him. We hugged each other for long. Both gray t, we asked each other how we had managed. After a while, I registered myself and we acquires rte home. Someone else put on ? us. My best friend was with me. His brother had come to me with his best friend. There were several who had gathered at my home. They would not go home before the engineer saw that I was fine. We talked a little bit. I drank a juice Gladden. Ate a yogurt. Talked some more with my mom and my family. I called my best friend. It was a good call. She said: ? ? I was not sure on whether I would ever f? ? this telefonen.? ? T? ? clean pressed on. We talked a little bit. After that I lay. It was three. Mom refused year let me sleep alone, so we slept together.

It goes tt few hours ago all this happened. I'm still in shock. Everything has not fallen into. I have seen the corpses of my friends. Several of my friends are missing. I am glad that I can swim. I am glad that I live. For God, Please be sure to me. There are so many emotions, so many thoughts. I think on all the ? p? ? r? ? rendering. P? ? everyone I've lost. P? ? the hell that is and was on the island. This summer's most beautiful fairy tale is transformed into Norway's worst nightmare.

http://prableen.origo.no/-/bulletin/show/672218_helvete-paa-utoeya?ref=mst

I have been to Norway many times and i must say i'm absolutely disgusted by this news. Such a shame this tragedy has descended upon this wonderful country and it's people. I hope the man arrested will be punished in the way that he deserves, and Norway will pick up the pieces and once again become the great country that it was, and actually still is. May those who died rest in peace.

I must say that I'm incredibly impressed by the Norwegian politics, first of all the Prime Minister, for their calmness and refusal to blame anyone before getting the necessary facts together. If I were Norwegian, I'd actually be proud of that.
As a Norwegian, I am proud today. It has been an incredible support and safety to be able to trust the Prime Minister. He has acted with solemnity, and acted with force. George Bush said "we will fight you with all might". Stoltenberg said "we will fight you with democracy".

Oh, I think he's a terrorist. I just haven't heard that description used since news of who perpetrated the attack came out. In fact, the 24 hour news networks over here have provided very little coverage of what happened....which in and of itself is quite pathetic.
That is indeed pathetic. They haven't used the word terrorist? What? The? Fuck?

a young woman has written on a blog what happened, google translate, so not very good grammar etc..
I'll try to do a quick translate summary in a while, I've got to write a story about a church service now.

For those interested, local labour party leader lighting a candle in mourning:

kirkelys.jpg

Our Prime Minister is being interviewed by NRK television now. His voice is breaking..

Quick and free translation:

"It's been important to me to tell them, that the world has told me, to tell them, that they are in their hearts."

my vid, see now that it's tilted..argh...

I've been thinking about finding the right words to express what I feel and think about this unbelievable act of violence. And everytime I thought I knew what to say, the numbers of dead people rose and made it obsolete again. This is not some natural disaster, this is what one human did to other humans for -- as far as one can tell -- the lowest of all reasons: Hate.

Hate is what poisons our modern societies. Hate and fear of the strange, the foreign.

While most people still think, that islamic fundamentalists are the biggest terrorist threat, I've been saying for years that Al-Quaida and the likes are no imminent threat anymore -- for various reasons.

What I feared and what this act of terror in Norway seems to prove, is that we have to be more afraid of people from our midst. People who live in fear and hate, who's number grows throughout the western world, fertilized by rightwing parties and their populism, which are getting stronger all over Europe -- but especially in Scandinavia, it seems.

It's these "hate crimes", which are the new face of terrorism and which we have to be afraid of. You cannot get rid of them with stronger border controls or body scanners at airports. The terrorists of today and tomorrow aren't being trained in Afghanistan. They're living among us and you cannot recognize them by their long beards. They are in our blind spot and ironically they partially seem to be a result of our irrational fear of islamists.

I'm afraid the fear of terror from the muslim world resulted in creating our own radical groups and people, who are ready to commit acts of terrorism themselves. You can only get rid of them by counteracting intolerance, racism and hate with tolerance, openness, friendship and of course information and education.

As I said: I'm not good with words, when it comes to express my feelings but for what it's worth, I can say that I am deeply shocked and can only offer my honest sympathy and condolences for what happened in Norway. I honestly hope, that the Norwegians will soon get over this traumatic experience and that it won't change their nature.

It's also my hope, though, that this is a wakeup call for all those, who sympathize with radical rightwing parties, their views and thoughts and who believe, that we must protect ourselves from strangers and their influence. Because if we don't abandon such thoughts and beliefs now and counteract them, we will have to endure more of such "hate crimes" in the future -- of that I am absolutely sure.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about Politics, but myself and many, many people from here in Australia will be keeping Norway in our thoughts and prayers tonight.

Sorry guys, late back to the thread as I was away last night. Just caught up with the full horror of what happened.

My heart goes out to all our Norwegian members and I sincerely hope that neither you or anyone top whom you are close has been in any way directly affected by these appalling events. Indirectly of course you are all affected and certainly the ripples are being felt here.

One can't imagine the horror those people must have felt in their final moments or begin to comprehend how badly those who survive will be haunted by the terror they experienced at the time and the guilt that many are likely to suffer from surviving when others did not.

There will be a candle in the window of this house tonight. Please everyone who reads this do the same.

That is indeed pathetic. They haven't used the word terrorist? What? The? Fuck?
Bloggers here are already theorizing the media will bury this as it does not fit into their anti-islam agenda.

They can't be that stupid.

The media or the bloggers? Have you paid attention to what qualifies as news lately? And any idiot can be a blogger.