Best-looking TG car "sequences"

One more from my favs:

Last edited:
Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV from 13x02 i quite enjoyed.

I drooled all over my laptop watching the Ken Block sequence....

The Makgadikgadi. Also, the night shots in the review of the Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead and everything filmed in Iceland

Also, the night shots in the review of the Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead

It's a shame they really don't do much of that any more. I'm all for the track tests but sometimes I'd wish they take the car out of the airfield for a change.

How about the time Jeremy asked the lady to put on bikini for the funeral service.

It's a shame they really don't do much of that any more. I'm all for the track tests but sometimes I'd wish they take the car out of the airfield for a change.

Ahhhh I never really noticed it before but now it DOES bother me, they need to get out more!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLAtcrB0GZg[/youtube]
The sequence showing the car logos with the engines revving at 5:36...i still find that moment one of the best and my favorite of all times.

For me I have 4 candidates:

The Aston Martin V12 vantage, from season 13 finale (Amazing how emotionally moving that one was)

The Ferrari 458 Italia review. Awesome music, and I love when Jeremy clearly likes a car.

Almost the entire Bolivia Special

And... The Ascari A10 :D (Don't know why, but that one managed to perfectly convey the car's pure growling manly brutal metal madness through the screen)

Last edited:
Rolls Royce. Phantom. Drophead.

CLK Black

I like night tests.

The best car sequence for me was during the Botswana special, when they found "islands" in the middle of the desert, and the sunset. Simply breathtaking

James vs Amy Williams from 17x01 was actually pretty stunning visually. Proper, pukka, brilliant, old-school Top Gear.

And Richard on a wet track in the Morgan Aeromax was a really good one.

[video=youtube;f-Zyj3ovUfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Zyj3ovUfk[/video]

And Richard on a wet track in the Morgan Aero8 was a really good one.

Fixed your Freudian slip there. :)

And... The Ascari A10 :D (Don't know why, but that one managed to perfectly convey the car's pure growling manly brutal metal madness through the screen)

And I thought no one would actually have thought of that.
Have to agree with you, from the bloody start with that music, you knew you were going to see a monster.

Well I was beaten to pretty much all of them. The CLK Black test (I still maintain one of the best pieces of motoring journalism ever)
I'm going to be a little more precise for a change. The bridge scene from the Japan special ... The GTR driving on the Aqualine. With that soundtrack by U.N.K.L.E. ....
The Jaguar XK convertible that someone mentioned. But really just the last bit for visual drooling.... With the Lisa Gerrard soundtrack.
The last bit of the Lancia being the greatest car maker... With the Bangkok Dangerous soundtrack.
And quite curiously, I wonder at the under-ratedness of that shot when the Evoque gets engulfed with sand from the back...

Although, I believe most of TG offers more visual feats than most BBC documentaries ^^ ... The cinematography is simply dazzling, wherever you look. (New York race, polar special, in fact all the specials)
So yeah, wherever you look, there will certainly be a bit which will have you rewinding.

To me none of the "artifical graphics" actually add to what's already there, I find them mostly distracting and sometimes outright annoying (LFA).

So, when asked for my list of most beautiful scenes it'll be a combination of car, scenery and shooting. The Brooklands was fantastic, I loved it. But the VERY best (to me at least) is a very recent one; The E-type. That first top shot just made me cringe, it's THAT beautiful.

http://img713.imageshack.**/img713/6199/jag1e.jpg

And then these two shots completed it.

http://img69.imageshack.**/img69/6354/jag2f.jpg
http://img851.imageshack.**/img851/7016/jag3x.jpg

ONLY TopGear could have done such a tribute, partly because most other shows lack the balls and style and partly because they'd start yapping about performance too much while whining about the price.

Last edited:
ONLY TopGear could have done such a tribute, partly because most other shows lack the balls and style and partly because they'd start yapping about performance too much while whining about the price.

Totally agree. There's also that wonderful helicopter fly-by crossed shot ... With that music. About 5:10 min into the tribute.

Great stuff!

Off the top of my head, 10x01 Greatest driving roads had some great shots.

Ahhhh I never really noticed it before but now it DOES bother me, they need to get out more!
James trolled everyone in 17x02 when he said he was going to do something radical and 'leave the track" only to end it prematurely by saying he was too cross with the Aston's ride... :(

Best episode ever? Hmm, why not.
I've always wondered if there was a 'Best Ever Episode' thread. Is there?

Edit: None since '06 that I can see... :think:

Last edited:
Off the top of my head, 10x01 Greatest driving roads had some great shots.

Oh yes. :nod: And I love the sequence on the Stelvio Pass, especially the overhead shots.

And, I know it's not a car sequence, but I know there's some love around here for the overhead shot during the Race Across London of Jeremy's boat going through the barriers. *cough*MWF*cough*