Amy Winehouse, 27, found dead.

Brother Michael

Car(s)
-02 BMW 530d Touring M-Sport
BBC said:
Singer Amy Winehouse, 27, has been found dead at her north London home.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that a 27-year-old woman had died in Camden and that the cause of death was as yet unexplained.
London Ambulance Service said it had been called to the flat at 1554 BST and sent two vehicles but the woman died.

The troubled singer had a long battle with drink and drugs which overshadowed her recent musical career. She pulled out of a comeback tour last month.
Jeered at gig

Winehouse cancelled the European tour after being jeered at her first gig in Serbia, when she appeared too drunk to perform.
For 90 minutes, she mumbled through parts of songs and at times left the stage - leaving her band to fill in.
She had recently finished a course of alcohol rehabilitation in London and at the time was under strict instructions not to drink.

A section of the road where the singer lived was cordoned off on Saturday evening, as journalists, local residents and fans gathered at the police tapes.
Forensic officers were seen going in and out of the building.

Winehouse had won widespread acclaim with her 2003 debut album, Frank.
But it was 2006's Back to Black which brought her worldwide stardom, winning five Grammy Awards.

Rumours of Winehouse's death began circulating on Twitter on Saturday evening. Among those to comment was singer and actress Kelly Osbourne.

She tweeted: "i cant even breath right now im crying so hard i just lost 1 of my best friends. i love you forever Amy & will never forget the real you!"

Singer and presenter Myleene Klass tweeted: "OMG. Amy Winehouse. Exceptional talent and really nice lady. RIP."

BBC Radio 1 DJ Fearne Cotton wrote: "Can not believe the news. Amy was a special girl. The saddest news."

Daily Telegraph rock critic Neil McCormick said he was "utterly shocked" at her death.
Last appearance

He said she had appeared focused when giving an "incredible performance" for a recent studio recording of a duet with Tony Bennett.
"It's deeply sad. It's the most completely tragic waste of talent that I can remember," he added.

Winehouse made her last public appearance on Wednesday night when she joined her goddaughter Dionne Bromfield on stage at The Roundhouse in Camden.
The singer danced with Bromfield and encouraged the audience to buy her album in the impromptu appearance before leaving the stage.

At the time she pulled out of the tour, her spokesman had said everyone wanted to do everything to "help her return to her best".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14262237

Shouldn't have said no no no to rehab.

Too soon?

And nothing of value was lost.

Welcome to the "Club 27", Amy Winehouse.

"Shocked?" Really? My first thought was, "Finally. What took so long? Wa sbound to happen sooner or later."

:shrug:

Who didn't see this coming?

It is a shame that the inevitable death of that crack whore makes a top headline while there are more than 80 dead young Norwegians that where brutally slaughtered by a psycho :wall::wall::wall:

I can't feel the tiniest bit of sorry for abusive people like her. I know people who have cancer who fight for their lives hoping that they'll make it. And that stupid Amy just destroyed hers intentionally. Why should anybody feel sad?

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
It is a shame that the inevitable death of that crack whore makes a top headline while there are more than 80 dead young Norwegians that where brutally slaughtered by a psycho :wall::wall::wall:

I can't feel the tiniest bit of sorry for abusive people like her. I know people who have cancer who fight for their lives hoping that they'll make it. And that stupid Amy just destroyed hers intentionally. Why should anybody feel sad?

A celebrity died, so that's a big news. Doesn't matter if its winehouse or not. Although I must say that I agree that her controversial nature has made the story more sensational... thus the media would eat it up.

Besides... people in Bombay, India perished in a terrorist bomb blast, but no-one cares about that. I could sit here and complain and note that my family members almost lost their lives there, but it wouldn't change the fact that its old news and no-one really cares about a bunch of brown people.

I'm not saying that you're complaining and I'm not complaining about lack of coverage on the bombay incident. I'm just saying it's inevitable and we learn to live with that.

Transferring my post from the Random Thoughts thread:

It's starting to be widely reported now. Apparently friends were concerned over how she had been drinking excessively - some of you might know about her recent, now-infamous performance in Belgrade (if not, Google). This death is the final, graceless tragedy of what was a very tragic, broken life.

So basically, drugs are bad mmkay? Yeah. Don't waste your life like she did.

Her drug abuse was especially sad when you consider how many people would have killed for the kind of talent which she had.

ok, anyway...

I agree with some of the sentiments above.

In a similar vein this bullshit News International phone hacking scandal has so dominated the news here that the fact some parts of Africa are suffering the worst famine since Bob Geldof started Band Aid has gone totally unnoticed. But hey, they're brown, uneducated and don't have any oil so fuck 'em right?

It's high time as an entire species we grew the fuck up and realised what we are doing to each other and failing to do for others.

In a similar vein this bullshit News International phone hacking scandal has so dominated the news here that the fact some parts of Africa are suffering the worst famine since Bob Geldof started Band Aid has gone totally unnoticed. But hey, they're brown, uneducated and don't have any oil so fuck 'em right?

newsflash: stuff like that is depressing and unsurprising and unchangeable, so naturally people don't gravitate towards it without being forced.

Last edited:
It's sad, the woman was undoubtedly talented, not that I was a particular fan or anything. But, boy did she waste it. I feel sorry for her fans and her family.
Other than that, as others had said, this news wasn't exactly surprising. Fame + addictive personalities = chewed and spat out in the most tragic way possible.

OK so.....

1. You didn't need to start your post with the patronising "newsflash".
2. What is depressing and horrible to me and all the more appalling is that the actions of a few unscrupulous hacks merits so much coverage compared to a genuine human catastrophe.
3. It clearly isn't unchangeable. The whole Band/Live Aid thing (guess you may be too young to remember) proved that if something like this is highlighted in a way that gets people's attention then when we unite like this mountains actually can get moved.