The Ultimate macOS Thread

The best part so far about 10.7, the circular photo when you log in.

OmDqr.jpg

Looks like "Slow as balls" was only because of indexing (she has a lot of documents), as per her its running normal now. I do think that battery life was negatively impacted on my MBP.

Wake on bluetooth is busted, I have it turned off and my mac still wakes up from my bluetooth mouse (even when the lid is shut) every 15 mins.

Also, why the hell did they make three finger back go to widgets that was back in the browser :/

Seems to work Ok on my Chrome, but it indeed doesn't work with Opera :-/

Edit: Works fine with Opera 11.50 actually!

Last edited:
seriously apple? removing java that was already installed (or not reinstalling it automatically?)

Apple no longer maintains the mac port for java. This is a good thing as their version was always well behind Sun's. Now that Sun maintains it it should be more up to date.

seriously apple? removing java that was already installed (or not reinstalling it automatically?)

This was the first thing that wanted to install itself after upgrading to Lion on my MBP.

I had to go into the Utilities folder and press. "Java Preferences". Then it installed itself :p

But yeah, it sort of takes away from the whole "Just Works" mantra.

Part of me wants to upgrade and try it, the other part says NO I will probably not like this and then I will spend all day restoring my drive. I should probably go to store and try it and decide if it makes me too angry.

installing on my sister's comp right now.

EDIT:

or Chrome.
Two finger doesn't work on my Chrome either, but I set it back to 3 fingers, I don't understand WHY Apple changed that default and gave the spaces 2 different gestures.... Also it seems to run way hotter than it should be given that I'm just using Chrome right now, anyone else notice that?

Also it seems to run way hotter than it should be given that I'm just using Chrome right now, anyone else notice that?

When I tried the second and third developer previews, Chrome was pretty iffy. Hopefully Google has fixed things, but if not, give it time.

When I tried the second and third developer previews, Chrome was pretty iffy. Hopefully Google has fixed things, but if not, give it time.
I'm sure they will have the bugs worked out pretty quickly. Biggest problem (and one that still seems to be around) that I have is that for some reason OS X likes to run the AMD GPU for things like Flash and Silverlight videos when they are being run in anything but Safari.

Does anyone know, whether is it possible to bring back the colorful icons back to finder? I used to navigate around looking at colors only glancing at the accompanying text, orange for external hdd, green from downloads, etc.

sl%20sidebar.png
Lion%20finder%20sidebar.png

Chrome embeds their own version of Flash and I believe there are issues with older versions at the moment.
That I know but this was the case from the get go (well at least from Snow Leopard that shipped with my MBP). Chrome (and Firefox actually) will activate the AMD GPU when playing Silverlight or Flash videos while Safari will not. On top of that once you play a video and the GPU is activated it will be on until you completely quit the app, as in Apple-Q not just Apple-W. This was mentioned by Anandtech IIRC in their review and as far as I can tell is still the case as I get barely an hour of watching Netflix or Hulu in Chrome vs almost 4 hours with Safari.