Brand loyalties: where do yours lie?

iPhone because it's more refined than Android. iPhone specifically though -- I don't like Apple as a whole.
Give it time... I used to hate Apple didn't even have an iPod... Then I got an iPhone, then I got my g/f a MacBook, then another iPhone, then it was the Airport Extreme Base Station for my wireless needs, then it was the MBP. They have a way of getting in YOUR BRAIN!!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHHA :p

Logitech is one, love their mice, and their customer service is better than anything else I've experienced.

HTC is another; fantastic build quality, and Sense is great when it isn't slow. So much more refined than anything that Samsung put it out IMO.

Google is another one...in all fairness to them, their services work, and well at that.

One I was loyal to was Apple back from 1999 until around 2006. Their mobile products (iPod classic and 1/2/3 gen iPod touch) weren't up to scratch, and iOS isn't now. Buying an iMac soon however, as their computers are fine.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Might have to add Google Chrome to my list as well.
My bank's online service doesn't fully support Chrome, which is very frustrating. I called the helpdesk and the only thing they could say was: try IE ..
I switched banks.

Might have to add Google Chrome to my list as well.
My bank's online service doesn't fully support Chrome, which is very frustrating. I called the helpdesk and the only thing they could say was: try IE ..
I switched banks.
Niiice... I gotta wonder how companies justify developing for IE only when it comes to such things as online services. Firefox is popular enough and plenty of OS X users use Safari, which is the same engine as Chrome so should be about the same, and the latter is quite popular with students these days.

What? No love for HP?

We have gone through 4 laptops and a desktop, The only dell that we had fried itself because shitty cooling I guess. for comparison, the 8 year old HP 515n Socket 478 celeron is still running like a champ despite being beaten like a red headed stepchild, alongside its 3 laptop siblings, every single HP produck we've had has been very good and reasonably priced.

I had a nokia loyalty but I shall be going HTC for my next purchase.

My dad has GM-titis, a rare condition in which a car gets better by being from GM

Sony for Televisions and stereos

Pepsi because we don't have anything else at uni.

My games consoles have always been Sony, I've had the original PlayStation, PS1, PS2 and now the PS3. Whether I'll buy any more consoles is debatable but I'll probably go Sony again...

I can't imagine having anything to listen to music on other than an iPod, a Classic to be precise. When my 80GB finally dies it'll be replaced with a 160GB.

My PCs have always been custom built and Intel/Nvidia and will remain so, never had any problems with their products.

Other than that I try to avoid brands and just buy the best I can afford really

Well I'm not one of those who only sticks with one particular game system. I have an Xbox, PSP, PS2, 3DS, DS. I will play pretty much on any console (as I have in the past. I love them all in their own ways). I do have zero interest in buying a 360 though. Nothing interesting enough for me.

In terms of computer parts I do like Asus/EVGA/Intel I think. I don't think I'm particular about GPUs though, just so long as it does what I want it to do. (Laptop has ATI, desktop nVidia, and both are fine.)

Generally I just research a lot and I buy something that I want/need that is the best for the price point.

TVs... I dunno I think Sony and Samsung are pretty good. Laptops- Asus, Lenovo, and Sony are the only ones I consider generally. (And the Samsung netbooks.)

Give it time... I used to hate Apple didn't even have an iPod... Then I got an iPhone, then I got my g/f a MacBook, then another iPhone, then it was the Airport Extreme Base Station for my wireless needs, then it was the MBP. They have a way of getting in YOUR BRAIN!!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHHA :p

So modern Apple product ownership is kind of like cancer? :p

So modern Apple product ownership is kind of like cancer? :p

Wallet cancer.

I'll add that I'm loyal to Mozilla. I have to use IE at work sometimes and I've tried Chrome and neither are even close in my eyes.

You've decided against the Polo Brydie?

Yeah, sadly. They are beautiful, but-

- the current price for a manual petrol zetec is too good to pass by
- fiestas are cheaper to insure, service, etc
- whilst the build quality of a zetec from Thailand may be questionable, given my dads golf gti has started to leak oil at 6 months old and 5000 kms, I don't put much on vw build quality at the moment either. And I only really see myself keeping it for 5-ish years, before I move internationally/get a bigger car.

But I digress, off topic there sorry!!! Although on topic, car loyalties- the awesome euro brands- BMW, Audi, etc. And Aston Martin, lots of love there!!! :)

I tried to think which brands I prefer irrationally (I can't see "loyalty" as being something rational), but I can't think of many... Maybe Nikon over Canon? But that's the choice I made years ago and haven't had a need to re-think it, so I don't even feel strongly about this one.

EDIT: And in terms of cars I just don't get brand loyalty. I know so many people who keep getting one Toyota after another, or a BMW, or a Merc, or a VW... I would not consider replacing a car with the same kind (even if newer model) unless all other options were rejected with good reasons.

Last edited:
Honda, Panasonic, Nikon and Canon, and some others.

But it takes 20 years to build a really strong brand and brand image, you can loose it pretty damn quickly: Hello Mercedes and Sony, two of my previous favourites. The Brand has value and makes it possible for the organisation to have the ability to charge premium prices, and hence higher profits.

Last edited:
Niiice... I gotta wonder how companies justify developing for IE only when it comes to such things as online services. Firefox is popular enough and plenty of OS X users use Safari, which is the same engine as Chrome so should be about the same, and the latter is quite popular with students these days.

There are even worse examples. Since I am still not a citizen, every year I apply to that flawed system called the green card lottery. The US government website is designed and only accepts IE. Try filling the forms with Firefox or Chrome and it just blocks you. You have to use IE! That's what the US government endorses.

I agree you have to develop so that IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari all work - cut the whizzy stuff out usually works.

i hate current hp's trackpad!

I generally hate new track pads. Remember when HP used to have a track pad that was perforated plastic? That's the best track pad I've ever used and probably always will be.

I generally hate new track pads. Remember when HP used to have a track pad that was perforated plastic? That's the best track pad I've ever used and probably always will be.
That was a rather good track pad. My first laptop was an hp with one of those.
Shame the mother board was a time bomb and died. Apparently it was a common problem on that computer (I looked it up). And that is why I now own dells and macs.

Microsoft Windows - Cos I'm bloody good at it. And it rather stable, hardly ever crashes. Loads of app support.

Logitech - All my mouse, keyboard, steering wheel & other controllers.

ATI - cos nVIDIA is overpriced

Nokia HTC - Fantastic build quality, miles better than all other competitors out there. My preferred brand used to be Nokia, until they started fucking around, instead of upgrading general hardware specs.

Sony Playstation - Haev a PS2 and PS3, and can't think of any reason why I should move onto another different console platform.

F1 Merchandise - Anything with the word "Kimi Raikkonen" on it and I'll pay $$$ for it.

Overall, I'm pretty much anti-Korean & anti-Chinese when it comes to electronic gadgets. Japanese & Taiwanese products FTW!