Jalopnik: Texas-tuned Cadillac CTS-V Coupe will get 1,000-hp

nsx_23

Forum Addict
v1000-front.jpg

Texas-tuned Cadillac CTS-V Coupe will get 1,000-hpImagine a lighter-weight Cadillac CTS-V Coupe with nearly double the horsepower, a wider stance and panhandle-sized contact patches.That's the Hennessey V1000, a model the company plans to build only 12 copes of for well-to-do speed freaks.

That's 1,000 hp at 6,400 rpm out of a twin-turbocharged 427ci LS V8 (sounds like it's the LS7). The turbines will boost torque to 950 lb-ft torque at 4,000 rpm, which will make getting the power to the pavement a matter of some intrigue. Hennessey projects the car will hook up enough to get from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, but top out at 230 mph. Quarter mile? 10.9 @ 136 mph. Yeah, that's kind of a smoker.

The upgrade also involves lots of work, to the top and bottom of the GM V8, along with a clutch (or torque converter) upgrade, 15.1" Brembo carbon ceramic brakes front and rear (8-piston calipers front, 6-piston rear), with Hennessey monoblock wheels and huge Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.

Full size
John Hennessey told us the company's "GT3 RS" treatment of the Cadillac V coupe might yield weight savings of up to 200 lbs, with the widebody kit made from carbon fiber and optional lighter seats (and a rear seat delete option).

Buyers also get a one-day driver training class and track experience with former director of the GM Performance Division, John Heinricy.

Great-looking bodykit, but I wonder if you can order one with a tamer engine.

Why would anyone order anything from Hennessey? Sure, if he does the job, it's amazing. Problem is, he's likely to screw you over. Google Hennescrewed - and he's still doing it. Yup, he half-arsed a GT-R upgrade (very, very badly) and charged a buttload of money for it.

Last edited:
Why would anyone order anything from Hennessey? Sure, if he does the job, it's amazing. Problem is, he's likely to screw you over. Google Hennescrewed - and he's still doing it. Yup, he half-arsed a GT-R upgrade (very, very badly) and charged a buttload of money for it.

x2

Just get lingenfelter to do the engine work and another shop to buiild you the bodykit. Surprising how much coverage the press gives hennesy considering their history.

Hennessey pays them a lot of money and offers journos a lot of perks to get them to cover his crap. That's why.

Hey guys, I'm in the process of starting a company called LeVeL's Fastest Cars Evarr and I too am going to release a tuned CTS-V Coupe. It's going to have 2000hp @ 6123.2rpm and 1735.65lb/ft @ 2526rpm. According to my calculations it will go 0-60 in 3.49 seconds (faster than Hennessey's) and run the quarter in 9.9999999 @ 160.0mph. Custom-made 20" brakes will bring this car to a halt from 263mph. It's also going to be super rare - just zero copies will be produced!

Hey guys, I'm in the process of starting a company called LeVeL's Fastest Cars Evarr and I too am going to release a tuned CTS-V Coupe. It's going to have 2000hp @ 6123.2rpm and 1735.65lb/ft @ 2526rpm. According to my calculations it will go 0-60 in 3.49 seconds (faster than Hennessey's) and run the quarter in 9.9999999 @ 160.0mph. Custom-made 20" brakes will bring this car to a halt from 263mph. It's also going to be super rare - just zero copies will be produced!

I'm down. Can I pay you with Monopoly money? Can I have a little more horsepower?

If it really does have that much power wont it will just spin the wheels and fishtail out of control?
Is Cadillac trying to make a car that can't go around a corner or even straight but is just constantly doing burnouts?
As for the looks, it's not that bad.

Last edited:
If it is like his Vipers, boost will likely be limited in lower gears to help traction at low speeds. Although you still need to be careful with the throttle pedal.

Being careful with a 1000hp RWD vehicle? UMAD?
Meh, I'll believe it when I see it in some fastest-mile American magazine test.
Looks cool.

I knew this was coming from Hennesey. Only ones for magazines and TV shows will ever be produced.

I cannot believe he garners support from the media. Seems like they would love to do a witch-hunt on him. Perhaps he pays very well. Even Leno supports him...

I cannot believe he garners support from the media. Seems like they would love to do a witch-hunt on him. Perhaps he pays very well. Even Leno supports him...

That's because he's very careful not to screw Leno or any other first tier celebrity over. Leno can't believe the rumors because his cars are well done.

It's only a matter of time, though, before he screws up and blows it all.

As for the media, yes, he pays very, very, very well.

x42.

I don't understand how he's still in business and not in jail by now, TBH. The guy's seriously shady.

I'm with you guys. I still can't believe people give him money for a performance job I can do in my garage and STILL have better craftsmanship.

That's the Hennessey V1000, a model the company plans to build only 12 copes of for well-to-do speed freaks.

12 copies? There are plenty of people to do this in their garage and make more power. :lol: It always makes me laugh when shops put out "limited editions" of modified cars. Who gives a fuck?

That's 1,000 hp at 6,400 rpm out of a twin-turbocharged 427ci LS V8 (sounds like it's the LS7).

If they are smart, they'd stay away from that. The LS7's thin cylinder wall and boost don't mix well. Doesn't mean automatic blow up, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. More likely would be the a 427ci LS3 if they want to keep the aluminum block, or a 427ci LSX block'd motor.

John Hennessey told us the company's "GT3 RS" treatment of the Cadillac V coupe might yield weight savings of up to 200 lbs, with the widebody kit made from carbon fiber and optional lighter seats (and a rear seat delete option).

200lbs? That's a pretty good amount, especially when you are adding two turbos, the piping to run them, intercooler, huge tires, etc. I'd say 100lbs is more likely.

Let's face it, the numbers are all probably pulled out of Hennessey's arse anyway. :lol:

Even if this was kosher how would you get the power down? As has been said all the power would be spun away unless you did as good an engineering job as Bugatti.