MX5/Miata Thread

MX5/Miata Thread

• Total voters
Why not call it the Small Unmanly Cute Cars of the American Supreme States?

SUCC ASS!

:tease:

Ford ZX2 - I forgot those even existed.

[youtube]L26kTJjgIG4[/youtube]

No homo brah.

(Anyone who says "no homo" unironically is a douche)

I shall address all concerns:

The 500 is friggin' adorable. Fact. Also, the Abarth is a fun little car!
MGs are just way too gay for the SCCA. What's next, gimp suits and strap ons?
Ford ZX2 - I forgot those even existed.
The S2000 is on the list because my friend's AP2 gets called cute alarmingly often.
The RX8 is not really cute, sorry. It's got four doors and a roof!

Also, you guys (and kat) realize that you're arguing over who gets to be in a club called Cute Small Cars of America, right? I mean, how gay are y'all?? :rolleyes:
Ok then, how about this. How many times has someone* complimented your car and it's cuteness (in a not mocking way)? You can claim faster, better handling etc. but I have had school children run up to my car and wave and random people yell "I love your car!" My car might be slow and wobbly but it kicks everyone's ass at adorable.

*"someone" as in a random normal stranger, who is not a middle age man and probably if asked to describe your car would refer to it as the color and convertible. Not a person who likes it because of things that are not related to cuteness.

I love how this is already deteriorating to a squabble on the technicalities of what is cute. :p

We just enjoy being pedantic annoying.

Kat, your car isn't nearly as cute as this:

bmw_z4_2008_photos_Coupe_Exterior_2008-BMW-Z4-ext-1.jpg

Hey, my car does one thing better than other cars and that is cute. It has flowers for gods sake. :p

I shall clear this up once and for all. Beetles are not cute. Unless they are being driven by kat.

Everyone happy now? Good.

Now post Miatas or GTFO!

Ok then, how about this. How many times has someone* complimented your car and it's cuteness (in a not mocking way)? You can claim faster, better handling etc. but I have had school children run up to my car and wave and random people yell "I love your car!" My car might be slow and wobbly but it kicks everyone's ass at adorable.

*"someone" as in a random normal stranger, who is not a middle age man and probably if asked to describe your car would refer to it as the color and convertible. Not a person who likes it because of things that are not related to cuteness.
Er, my NA gets lots of "cute" comments, especially if the barn doors are up. Yes, I've had random strangers tell me my car is cute, including a kid walking down the street in my mother's neighborhood.

I don't think I've had a stranger/unprompted "cute" comment about the NC, though.

Yes, equi, but when sideways cute is always replaced by awesome! ;)

And when spinning, everything is replaced by dumbass. :(

Nah, just keep the spin going and claim doughnuts! :D

Maybe a 4 year old kid, can't remember if he/she was a girl or boy, walked past my NA in a parking lot and yelled to his/her mother something about the cuteness of my car. I laughed but bit unsurely if was good or bad thing :D

Now post Miatas or GTFO!

Done.
IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

I miss that car. Koni yellows, FM springs, FM exhaust, FM sway bars, replaced the bushings, painted the barn doors.

Hmmm, mature red ones. I'll be in my bunk!

Hmmm, mature red ones. I'll be in my bunk!

It was a 97 so it wasn't THAT mature. Sadly it was "totalled" in an accident.

Ok then, how about this. How many times has someone* complimented your car and it's cuteness (in a not mocking way)?
An alarming amount actually. Girls seem to find my Miata and my friend's S2000 about equally cute.
And besides:
One of the inaugural rules of the club was that the car had to be able to handle a corner or three, which rules out Beetles....and MGs. :tease:

And when spinning, everything is replaced by dumbass. :(
Sliding is only funny till you're spinning. Then it's hilarious!

It was a 97 so it wasn't THAT mature. Sadly it was "totalled" in an accident.
Did MWF just go to his bunk over a 14 year old? :|

An alarming amount actually. Girls seem to find my Miata and my friend's S2000 about equally cute.
And besides:

I've had the neighbor kids call my 02 cool looking, and I've had some dude on a Harley ask how I liked it, the only person I can think of who thinks it is cute is my wifes annoying ditzy friend.

Did MWF just go to his bunk over a 14 year old? :|

Look at the car I posted! Wouldn't you?