2011 Formula 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

ahpadt

Forum Addict
Hungaroring.svg

Race date: 31st of July, 2011
Number of laps: 70
Circuit length: 4.381 km
Race distance: 306.663 km
Lap record: 1:19.071 (Michael Schumacher, 2004)
Last winner: Mark Webber

1) Who will lock out the front row in qualifying?
2) Who's gonna be on the race podium?
3) Will the possible hotter conditions again favour Ferrari over McLaren, or will it still be incredibly close?
4) Do you think the SUPER-SOFT tyres (prime=SOFT) will hold up well at this track like it did in Monaco?
5) Can the DRS zone along the pit straight help with overtaking?
6) Is Vettel really feeling the pressure now, with the mistakes we saw in Germany, or will he be back on form for this race?
7) Do you think Dietrich Mateschitz is desperate to see Ricciardo's performance by paying for his HRT seat? Will he get an STR seat next year?
8) Sutil was impressive in Germany - can we see a repeat performance by some other midfielder?
9) Williams seems to be really struggling with their performance this year - any hope of them achieving any more top10 finishes this year?

Last edited:
3) Will the possible hotter conditions again favour Ferrari over McLaren, or will it still be incredibly close?
4) Do you think the SUPER-SOFT tyres (prime=SOFT) will hold up well at this track like it did in Monaco?
6) Is Vettel really feeling the pressure now, with the mistakes we saw in Germany, or will he be back on form for this race?
7) Do you think Dietrich Mateschitz is desperate to see Ricciardo's performance by paying for his HRT seat? Will he get an SRT seat next year?
8) Sutil was impressive in Germany - can we see a repeat performance by some other midfielder?
9) Williams seems to be really struggling with their performance this year - any hope of them achieving any more top10 finishes this year?

1. RBR
2. Vettel, Webber, Alonso
3. Close
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Feeling what pressure? A healthy 77pts leader over his team mate? I'd say that a podium finish is pretty much guaranteed
7. No & Yes
8. Yes
9. Yes

No lockout, expecting Hamilton or Alonso to spoil the RBR party again.

Three men. Not making predictions here.

What hotter conditions? Central Europe for the last week or so has been almost freezing (compared to normal temperatures this time of year) and the forecast isn't much better.

Depends on conditions.

No.

He's already in conservation mode, that may mean lapses of concentration. It's not the pressure from the others, it's the pressure from the lead he's built up.

7) Do you think Dietrich Mateschitz is desperate to see Ricciardo's performance by paying for his HRT seat? Will he get an SRT seat next year?

Not likely given that SRT have bashed their GT1 Lamborghinis to bits... wait what?

Yes. Don't know who though.

In the event of a nutcase race.

Last edited:
Wow, a full on F1 pop quiz this week. Let's see...

I'm going Vettel (1), Alonso (2) and Hamilton (3). Webber in 4th.

An assortment of Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton. Probably in that order, but hopefully not.

I don't really think the heat will play into it at all, or do anything for a specific constructor over any of the others.

I'm glad to see they're using Supers. I'm HOPING that they in fact degrade quickly and force the drivers to pit extremely early. That makes the first 10-15 laps more interesting, in my opinion.

Yes. (Raikkonen)

God I hope so! I loved seeing him behind the others and I hope the trend continues. But I doubt it will. Some people talked as if they had had a wet setup on the car in Germany, and I'm not sure if that's true, but it would explain why he was off of race pace.

HRT does not interest me. (More Raikkonen)

I really hope to see Sutil do better. I like him a lot. I love watching midfield even though it's not quite as interesting, there's usually good racing. I'm hoping to see Petrov make it to pole again but I know that won't happen. I'd love to see Team Lotus finally score points, and I hope Heidfeld can keep it on the track this time!

I'm a big Barrichello fan and I'd love to see him take more points!

im not going to fill the questions out, ill just say this:

I sure hope it is like last week

Vettel has only ever won 1 time when he didnt start from the pole so that, IMO, proves that when the pressure is in front of him he will fall.

VMM has a real chance to gain some ground here.

Webber seems to be getting mad at the team, doesnt look happy anymore IMO

The red cars will be slow.

Is it still to early to make Massa jokes?

La Passione Rossa will prevail, the McMercs will not. It will be an RBR and Ferrari battle this time around. I expect to see some more surprises from the youngins (kobayashi, perez, etc.)

I sure hope it is like last week

Me too. Was an exiting race till the end. Just how I like it:D

Vettel has only ever won 1 time when he didnt start from the pole so that, IMO, proves that when the pressure is in front of him he will fall.

True fact. Not going to talk crap. I was listening to this @ 17:51 and it pretty much sums it up: http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/cff1

Webber seems to be getting mad at the team, doesnt look happy anymore IMO

Constructors' sport, so as long as he makes up for the f*ck ups (which we never know) the team can be friendly and docile with him again. They will be with whoever brings the car home 1st but,
they perfectly know the kind of drivers they have and how to handle them.
However at this point and since some time, in my opinion he is just strategically placed to cover and make up space between the the Ferraris an the McLarens to let Vett lead at the front.
I think that if Webber had placed himself at the front since the beginning and kept consistent through the season so far, the team would have asked for Vettel to cover up.
However, he is is now fighting and getting the best of the RB7 to show his value and sign for 2012 or bring an offer from other team. Which sadly is unlikely.

Is it still to early to make Massa jokes?

Your call bro.

Last edited:
La Passione Rossa will prevail, the McMercs will not. It will be an RBR and Ferrari battle this time around. I expect to see some more surprises from the youngins (kobayashi, perez, etc.)

i bet its going to be just like Germany (barring any crashed in the top 3)

I'm currently 20 km away from the Hungaroring, and it's been raining all day in Budapest.
The local forecast says there will be showers on Friday and Saturday too, but there's also a small chance of rain on Sunday. Maximum temperature is supposed to be 24-25 Celsius, but right now I'm freezing in jeans and T-shirt.

I reckon it will be a Mclaren or a Redbull mainly because there are a few slow speed corners and Mclaren was mighty at the first sector in Germany and Red Bull are pretty fast everywhere.
The usual suspects, Alonso, Webber as I think he's doing better than Vettel at the moment and maybe Hamilton.
Doesn't seem like it will be that hot...
Yes and there will be less of a penalty going on the Prime as that gap shouldn't be as big as with the medium. All in All should be good for Ferrari who seem to struggle to put heat into the tires so I suspect they will be in better shape.
That area usually creates lots of overtaking to begin with so I suspect it will be quite hectic there during the race.
Yes he is, the fact is that he doesn't have the a much faster car than the rest anymore. This together with the statistic revealed earlier that he's only won one race starting outside of pole to me proves that when his car is not much quicker than the others he is not likely to win.
7) Do you think Dietrich Mateschitz is desperate to see Ricciardo's performance by paying for his HRT seat? Will he get an STR seat next year?
Ricciardo was good in Germany, he finished in front of Chandhok by a lap I think which is impressive because it shows he is consistent. I suspect he might take Beumi's seat before the end of the season.
I don't like Sutil he has some good performances but he is not very consistent in my mind, his form fluctuates from race to race and thus far he is being trounced by Di Resta.
Yes I believe Maldonado is slowly improving and Barrichelo is solid. However I do see them stopping development on this years car and focusing on next year as they will have a lot of work integrating their car with the new Renault engines.

Webber with either Hamilton or Alonso - Vittel will be conservative to the end of the season now.

Alonso, Hamilton and Webber

If it is significantly hotter then Ferrari will do better that RBR or McMerc. But I did say 'If.' ...

Probably - but they do keep changing the tyre compound formula.

Probably, but difficult to tell - may work of Ferrari in hot conditions.

He's under serious amounts of pressure, I do not think he is resiliant enough but we will see. I think he will be 4th.

No idea.

Yes, possibly.

Yes, I think that is possible - not probable though.

Last edited:
Yeah. It's a really good pair of drivers. I'm pretty certain they will move to bigger teams within a few years, both of them.

1) Who will lock out the front row in qualifying? Webber and Vettel
2) Who's gonna be on the race podium? Hamilton
3) Will the possible hotter conditions again favour Ferrari over McLaren, or will it still be incredibly close? I reckon the Mclarens can get pass them
4) Do you think the SUPER-SOFT tyres (prime=SOFT) will hold up well at this track like it did in Monaco? Most Likely
5) Can the DRS zone along the pit straight help with overtaking? The DRS is starting to become less valid IMO
6) Is Vettel really feeling the pressure now, with the mistakes we saw in Germany, or will he be back on form for this race? Germany was always a jinx on him, so most likely he'll be back. Sigh.
7) Do you think Dietrich Mateschitz is desperate to see Ricciardo's performance by paying for his HRT seat? Will he get an STR seat next year? Please.
8) Sutil was impressive in Germany - can we see a repeat performance by some other midfielder? The Force Indias will definitely do well.
9) Williams seems to be really struggling with their performance this year - any hope of them achieving any more top10 finishes this year? Not really. :(

It wouldn't be funny to make 'em if it wasn't too early.

:rofl::clap::lmao:"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GraemeH again." And "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to georgeisoff again."

Great, just F*&%ing great stuff!

Last edited:
I really want Felipe Massa to win a race now. He's been suffering for too long. :(

Last edited: