Stupid Driver Stories

My family's house is at the end of a one way street, yet everyday people drive in front of our house and do 3-point turns to drive out the street the WRONG way.

Earlier today a young woman with a car full of friends swung into the street at terminal velocity stopping inches from the back of my Dad's Skoda Octavia. She then crunched the gears attempting to find reverse before speeding out the junction without looking when no driver would be expecting a car to be leaving the one way street the opposite way.

How can people drive in such careless manners?

This is something that pisses me off when I'm driving: Those idiots who think the world outside their own car doesn't exist.

They weren't dead, just a horrible driver. They started back up to go slowly along after but god, that person should never have been driving.

I got your story, I meant, my mom's friend rear-ended the person who pulled out in front of her (which, in Florida, unless you can prove otherwise, it's automatically your fault if you rear end somone). The force of the accident caused the driver of the car that pulled out to have a heart attack and succumb to her injuries. The friend ended up taking a week or two off from work to recover, emotionally, from the whole ordeal.

There was a crash outside my house this morning. My street comes out onto a main road, where there is a stop sign, and all traffic must turn left. If you wish to continue in the straight ahead direction, you must turn left, turn around at a roundabout and turn left at the other side of the road. But this morning, a woman in a Lexus RX Hybrid drives straight through the intersection in an easterly direction, hitting another woman in a black current-shape Impreza heading south. The impact was centred on the drivers door of the Impreza, forcing it onto the traffic island in the middle of the road.

https://pic.armedcats.net/h/hb/hbriz/2011/07/29/Screen_shot_2011-07-29_at_4.25.59_PM.png
The red arrow represents the Lexus, the black is the Impreza.

As the crash happened, two police cars happened to be heading north along the road and must have seen the whole incident. Both cars were drivable after the incident and nobody was injured, thankfully. But that Lexus must have blown right through the stop sign and carried some speed into the Subaru. Really doesn't help the female Lexus RX driver stereotype.

There was a crash outside my house this morning. My street comes out onto a main road, where there is a stop sign, and all traffic must turn left. If you wish to continue in the straight ahead direction, you must turn left, turn around at a roundabout and turn left at the other side of the road. But this morning, a woman in a Lexus RX Hybrid drives straight through the intersection in an easterly direction, hitting another woman in a black current-shape Impreza heading south. The impact was centred on the drivers door of the Impreza, forcing it onto the traffic island in the middle of the road.

https://pic.armedcats.net/h/hb/hbriz/2011/07/29/Screen_shot_2011-07-29_at_4.25.59_PM.png
The red arrow represents the Lexus, the black is the Impreza.

As the crash happened, two police cars happened to be heading north along the road and must have seen the whole incident. Both cars were drivable after the incident and nobody was injured, thankfully. But that Lexus must have blown right through the stop sign and carried some speed into the Subaru. Really doesn't help the female Lexus RX driver stereotype.
The driver is surely a moron, however this is terrible road design.

I was just remembering something I witnessed several years ago.

When I first moved to Sacramento from San Francisco, I was without a car and was taking the bus everywhere. One day, while walking to my office from the bus stop, I see a woman in a Lexus LX470 (A leather-lined Land Cruiser, basically.) pull onto the street I'm walking on.

She must have realized she was on the wrong street because she started to do a U-turn right in front of me. Her SUV being so big, it wasn't a simple U-turn. In the middle of her 3 point turn, she saw me checking her out (She was pretty), smiled at me, and gunned her truck in reverse. As she was doing that, I noticed a gold Jaguar XK8 convertible that was stopped some distance behind her, waiting for her to complete her maneuver. I screamed STOP!!! when I realized she was backing up further than myself or the Jaguar driver believed was necessary.

Too late.

Her truck being so tall meant that she missed the Jag's bumper entirely and drove her trailer hitch about two feet onto the Jag's hood. There was much head-shaking from me, crying from the woman, but the XK's driver was much more calm about it than I would have been

There was much head-shaking from me, crying from the woman, but the XK's driver was much more calm about it than I would have been
It's just a minor accident, woman! And of course the XK driver was calm, he's got a Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

Two from this morning's commute to work.

First was some douche in a silver Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V (at least according to the badges, roughly the same model year as my brother's Sentra; 2006). Being a wannabe racer (ricer?), he had a fart-can exhaust on it, so it sounded like shit, and drove like a dick. Also, he either did a few other things to it or something in the engine was broken because every time he gunned the engine, puffs of black smoke came shooting out the exhaust.

Anyways, this guy's driving was that of a genuine asshole. Weaving around cars without signalling, flooring it while accelerating, tailgating other cars, and cutting people off, including myself (I just laid on the horn and rode his bumper for about 150 feet). Surprisingly (mainly because of his poor judgement of traffic flow) I was able to keep up with him. Eventually at one of the traffic lights I ended up being the car directly behind him. At this point I was really annoyed with his arrogant driving, and a lot of my friends say that I'm a scary person when I'm angry behind the wheel. I guess he noticed me staring at him rather irritated because at the intersection that leads to the East Liberty Bus depot, he pulled over and waited for me to pass him (either expecting a confrontation or afraid that I would follow him home/work) before he tried to rejoin the traffic.

I just took note of his plate and moved on...

PA plate, FGS 4761
The driver of the Datsun was a blonde male in his late-30s/early-40s with some bad sunburn on his neck (redneck?)

The second bad driver was a young woman (mid-to-late 20s) with black hair and bug-eye sun glasses (they were huge) in a silver early-2000s Honda Civic coupe. I have the green light and this woman wants to turn right from the crossing street onto my street. Without even stopping, she ignored the red light she had as well as the whacking great NO TURN ON RED sign posted right next to it and without even looking for crossing traffic, she pulled out right into my path. There was no oncoming traffic, so I'm laying on the horn as I drive around her while mouthing quite angrily "YOU FUCKING USELESS BITCH!" Only until I nearly crashed into her does she look for crossing traffic.

But that's not all. A little further down the street there's a stop sign. Oncoming traffic usually turns left onto the side street, so they don't have to stop...and there's a big, red sign with big, white letters that mentions this detail. I'm turning right onto the side street. There's a maroon Ford F-150 coming the other way indicating that he wants to make the left. Note that the woman in the Honda is a fair bit behind me. I have plenty of room to stop and then make the turn before the Ford gets to the intersection, so I go, but after my close encounter with the dumb woman in the Civic, I'm watching the mirror to see if she does anything else stupid.
Boy, she did not disappoint. She blew through the stop sign like it wasn't even there and nearly crashes into the Ford which was starting to make the left turn at that point (the poor guy must have been standing on the brakes).

...and women wonder why the stereotype "women can't drive" exists....

The commute back home was mostly uneventful, with the exception of two minibuses I was stuck behind which failed to notice the green traffic arrow allowing them to make the turn onto the Homestead Grays Bridge (all three of us where in the right lane to make the turn onto the bridge). They finally made the turn (I was considering going around them) about 5 seconds before the lights changed. I just barely made the light and not wanting to stay stuck behind them I just gunned it and overtook them as quickly as possible.

- Dan

Last edited:
Today on the ALDI parking lot...

Yes, that is a clear demonstration of how not to park:
5990041418_6d339fa265_o.jpg

Oh and look, someone didn't check his tyre pressure for quite some time:
5989483153_21e0871495_o.jpg

Yeah, I imagined the driver must be either a woman or a guy like this old fellow:
5989483737_df5f447e3a_o.jpg

5989484261_9b5bb8170d_o.jpg

I left the parking lot behind him and it's a good guess, that his shock absorbers need to be replaced, too, considering the wobbly nature of his car's rear end.

Last edited:
I just got tailgated by a likely drug-addled truck driver. I was doing the speed limit on a country road, and he was sitting right on my arse. I didn't exactly want to brake check a dual trailer coal truck, so I switched on the rear fogs to get him to back off. This worked momentarily, because a few minutes later there was an overtaking lane. He pulls out to overtake, either runs out of steam or hits the limiter as he is along side me and is forced to back off and pull in behind. This same thing happened two more times in the next 10 minutes.

Then, he finally gets his chance on a long downhill section, where he comes flying down beside me and as the road starts to level out and start to incline again, he realises he has to move over now or he will end up behind me again. There is a severe lack of room between me and the Peugeot 206 infront, and in this manoeuvre he manages to get the back trailer up onto two wheels. Moments later he slowed down to less than 60km/h and I overtook him again.

This is the reasons why I, for the most part, dislike truck drivers.

if truckdrivers want to overtake you, you're most likely driving like a grandpa and need to press in the pedal deeper!!
and if someone tries to overtake, hit the brakes and let them. who are you to decide he can't go any faster?

if truckdrivers want to overtake you, you're most likely driving like a grandpa and need to press in the pedal deeper!!
and if someone tries to overtake, hit the brakes and let them. who are you to decide he can't go any faster?
I was already doing slightly over the speed limit. I wasn't going to slow down to let a man go past who I would have to overtake again as soon as he finished overtaking. If you can't go fast enough to complete an overtaking manoeuvre, why try to overtake in the first place?

I was already doing slightly over the speed limit. I wasn't going to slow down to let a man go past who I would have to overtake again as soon as he finished overtaking. If you can't go fast enough to complete an overtaking manoeuvre, why try to overtake in the first place?
I'd have to agree with that. If you can't get enough speed to get around someone then don't bother trying.

To continue the theme, I was driving on the street yesterday and its a 2 lane in each direction and since I'd been going right pretty soon I was going in the right lane. There was a big semi pocking its nose out so as I was about to switch to the left he backs all the way up so the nose is no longer out in the road. When I'm right next to him though he PULLS OUT again my fiance was freaking out but lucky for both of us there was no one in the left lane and I'm pretty quick.

Same road not a block later some dumbass pedal pusher had his bike perpendicular to parked cars in the right lane and decided he had to stop that way and look at something. Funny thing about me I don't brake or move over for idiots musta been 6 inches from him when I went past :D Yes I'm a dick if you do stupid shit.

Earlier that day a dude in a Hyundai SUV tried to block me from getting in in front of him (LOL). Mind you he was behind me more than enough, I put on my indicator and he speeds up to try and block me, I lol put it in 3rd let him catch up a little and then show him the difference between a POS and a car
attachment.php
(Again I know I'm a dick but that's just idiotic not to mention he got off at the nearest exit which was 25 seconds from where I went into the right lane.)

Last edited:
The other day, I rode around with my Uncle (owns a commercial AC repair business) to help him out with a job. This involved driving into Akron to pick up a part, then driving up to Painesville (up on the lake, Northeast of Cleveland along I-90). So, plenty of oppertunities to witness morons driving. As best in order as I can:

1. In Akron, the exit we took to get to the store is badly designed to say the least. The lines at the light are right up to the intersection, but it's heavily traveled by trucks, including today, we're behind a flat bed making a left. The red subie that was at the line was trying to back up to give room, while the van behind him was just sitting there. There appeared to be enough room for the subie to back up, but the light turned green with the truck in the intersection, the driver of the van then pulled forward blocking the subaru driver from backing up any further. The moron eventually realized the subaru was trying to back up, and also backed up, and the truck went by. The driver of the van? Texting.

2. For those who know the area, our route involves traveling on Rt. 8 to I271 to I90. I271 picks up I480 for a short bit. When the two split, it's three lanes wide, with the middle lane servicing both exits, we're in the middle lane. As we're getting to this exit, multiple people are flying by as quickly as it can and cutting us off to get into the correct exit. As in, people who are in the left lane suddenly realizing they need to be in the right, and vice versa. I think only one person out of the dozen or so we saw actually cared to put their signal on. And it's raining. So the inevitable almost happens. A person in the left lane needing to get into the right, and a person in the right needing to get into the left both enter the center lane at the same time. They realize their mistake with about a foot to spare, and just enough time to not run off the road before the I271/I480 split.

3. Immediately following the I271/I480 split, I271 becomes an 8-lane (4 each way) highway, with a twist. 4 lanes (2 each way) become an 'express lane', kinda like an HOV, except without the restrictions or hours. And yes, it's seperated by guard rails. I saw at least two cars trying to reenter the 'local lanes' via emergancy vehicle ramps. Which is doubly hilarious when you realize that every mile or two there is an 'entry way' to and from the exrpess lanes.

4. Uneventful rest of the trip. We get to the job site (an Arby's). While I'm eating lunch (on the roof of the Arby's), I hear what could either pass as a crotch rocket or a riced out Neon. It was the former, trying to show off. In showing off he makes a left turn out of the Arby's parking lot, taking all four lanes of the road he's turning on, plus the entrance of the gas station across the street, to make his left turn.

Coming back was either uneventful, or I wasn't caring too much after spending 4 hours on the roof of an Arby's in the humid sun (I was passenger, so :p). The only other moron I recall was someone who turned on his right signal to make a left turn.

Alright everyone, I have a great stupid driver story involving someone I knew from community college. He's also my boyfriend's sort of friend.

So basically we knows this guy, he's kind of... not very smart about a lot of things. Questionable decisions. Anyway this guy has wrecked a few cars, including a nice old Porsche.

So he owned a 2009 Volkswagen Jetta (I believe it was an Auto transmission) and he hadn't done anything incredibly stupid until Sunday. On Sunday just outside of one of the local towns where he lives he decided that he was going to drift his Jetta on a surface street. Of course he's probably tried and crashed before and so he crashes the Jetta into something and totals it. He gets the brilliant idea to run away from the scene and he is later picked up by the police on Sunday. At least in CA when you leave in that situation he basically has a Felony against him and has to appear in court. His license is probably taken away for quite a long time (at least 15 years) if not permanently.

He was thrown in jail and had no opportunity to call his employer and so he was fired on Monday from his job.

Don't be a dumb!

Alright everyone, I have a great stupid driver story involving someone I knew from community college. He's also my boyfriend's sort of friend.

So basically we knows this guy, he's kind of... not very smart about a lot of things. Questionable decisions. Anyway this guy has wrecked a few cars, including a nice old Porsche.

So he owned a 2009 Volkswagen Jetta (I believe it was an Auto transmission) and he hadn't done anything incredibly stupid until Sunday. On Sunday just outside of one of the local towns where he lives he decided that he was going to drift his Jetta on a surface street. Of course he's probably tried and crashed before and so he crashes the Jetta into something and totals it. He gets the brilliant idea to run away from the scene and he is later picked up by the police on Sunday. At least in CA when you leave in that situation he basically has a Felony against him and has to appear in court. His license is probably taken away for quite a long time (at least 15 years) if not permanently.

He was thrown in jail and had no opportunity to call his employer and so he was fired on Monday from his job.

Don't be a dumb!
He wins the thread......

Don't be a dumb!

ok, this is dumbness of epic proportions :lol:

1233495358_appl3456.gif

Last edited:
2. For those who know the area, our route involves traveling on Rt. 8 to I271 to I90. I271 picks up I480 for a short bit. When the two split, it's three lanes wide, with the middle lane servicing both exits, we're in the middle lane. As we're getting to this exit, multiple people are flying by as quickly as it can and cutting us off to get into the correct exit. As in, people who are in the left lane suddenly realizing they need to be in the right, and vice versa. I think only one person out of the dozen or so we saw actually cared to put their signal on. And it's raining. So the inevitable almost happens. A person in the left lane needing to get into the right, and a person in the right needing to get into the left both enter the center lane at the same time. They realize their mistake with about a foot to spare, and just enough time to not run off the road before the I271/I480 split.
This happens at EVERY freeway interchange. I blame it on GPS drivers - GPS units will often not bother to tell you the fork it's talking about it that big one up ahead until mere FEET before the actual split (and if it's been improved lately, it'll often not bother telling you until AFTER the actual split)