[17x06] July 31st, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, I can't believe I forgot to include this bit in my post. Unfortunately it was during the pre-filming mucking around so there's no chance of it being aired. I'm paraphrasing slightly, but when the three of them were on stage at the beginning Jez said:

Now, as I'm sure you're all aware there are many, many fan bases around the world of varying types. We do know about you, and yes we visit you all on a regular basis just to see what you're talking about. One of them is based in America, and tends to be quite ... how shall I put it ... vocal about their views on the show, and it appears we just can't win. If we cock around, there's not enough car reviews. If we review cars there's not enough cocking around. Well tough s**t*, you don't pay the f***ing TV licence. Especially those of you in Wisconsin.

It was said with humour, of course, but I think there was a touch of 'FFS, give us a break we're trying our best' subtext behind it!

At least they realised that not everyone here is from Minnesota.

Now, as I'm sure you're all aware there are many, many fan bases around the world of varying types. We do know about you, and yes we visit you all on a regular basis just to see what you're talking about. One of them is based in America, and tends to be quite ... how shall I put it ... vocal about their views on the show, and it appears we just can't win. If we cock around, there's not enough car reviews. If we review cars there's not enough cocking around. Well tough s**t*, you don't pay the f***ing TV licence. Especially those of you in Wisconsin.

:wave:

Never any love for Canada though...

We were the good colony too, dammit!

*sigh*

Sounds like it'll be entertaining. Good thing they didn't film it in the US with documentary visas >_>

*sigh*
...or Germany. We helped you out with a couple of spare royals when you had accidently chopped the heads off of yours, you know.
:p

What's a Louis Walsh when he's not at TG. Never heard of him. A petrol-head? Some ex-XFactor gas-head?
I dare say that a lot from TG revenue comes from abroad. JC and AW built a really successful franchise. Otherwise they would drop the hammer on this place...

Edit:
Googled him.
*sigh*

Last edited:
I gather this is what they get when they can't get Prince Harry?

Louis Walsh is basically Simon Cowell with added age, gayness and Irishness.

*sigh*

Sounds like it'll be entertaining. Good thing they didn't film it in the US with documentary visas >_>

You've had William and Kate - what more do you want?

No Ferrari FF in this series ?

What's the point in testing an AWD Ferrari in the summer? Far more interesting to do it on a fully wet day and see how it really stacks up against things like the R8 and various Lambos.

What's the point in testing an AWD Ferrari in the summer? Far more interesting to do it on a fully wet day
This is a British summer we're talking about. You should know, native boy. :p

This is a British summer we're talking about. You should know, native boy. :p

Tell me about it. July was mainly torrential after a couple of months where farmers in East Anglia were talking about vastly reduced crop yields thanks to a dry Spring and early summer and the water companies were threatening hosepipe bans. That said out of a run of six shows we've only had one ever so slightly damp celebrity lap and since it was Boring Bob Geldof that was no great loss.

For those of you wishing to disparage viewers from Wisconsin, I have included a few handy phrases for addressing them:

'Sconnies
Drunken 'sconnies
Karl Gerbschmidt (really)
Cheeseheads
Drunken Cheeseheads
Our yellow toothed brethren to the east (or west for you)

On the other hand, Wisconsin does have many miles of excellent driving / motorcycling roads. A very nice place to visit, just not, well, you know...

JD

inglip-template-200x160.png

This may sound a bit stupid, but, what's the thing with wisconsin? I know I am a n00b, so I just want to know why he says so...

^^Nothing specific. It's just a nod to this being a site hosted in America. It was Minnesota earlier on in the series.

Was this during the show?
Nope - during the warm-up banter.

very interesting... so this site REALLY matters... glad to be here then!!!!

For those of you wishing to disparage viewers from Wisconsin, I have included a few handy phrases for addressing them:

'Sconnies
Drunken 'sconnies
Karl Gerbschmidt (really)
Cheeseheads
Drunken Cheeseheads
Our yellow toothed brethren to the east (or west for you)

As a native Chicagoan, I believe that "Packers fans" sums it up perfectly. Compared to that, "cowfuckers" is almost complimentary.

You get your sweet cheeks it does. I like to think that the massed ranks of FG had more than a little hand in halting the slide into utter farce and mediocrity that season 14 seemed to indicate was about to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.