Pizza!

Around here about 90% of the population buys stuff from Albrecht Delikatessen, it's lost its lower class stigma long ago.

Sadly that stigma's still prevelant here, although it appears they're at least trying to get more upscale, selling appliances and stuff. My grandma has a Crofton microwave that's fantastic.

Was in chicago a few weekends ago, Lou Malnati's for deep dish, all my local friends recommended this over the overhyped chains like Pizzeria Unos or Giordanos

5925522702_894bb6f24a_z.jpg

5925526830_cbe1b4987d_z.jpg

5924966697_c37fe79ee1_z.jpg

It is superior, the butter crust alone is better than the other places, easily my favorite chain. The best is Burt's though, run by an old crumudgeonly dude, though Pequods gives it a run.

Sadly that stigma's still prevelant here, although it appears they're at least trying to get more upscale, selling appliances and stuff. My grandma has a Crofton microwave that's fantastic.

Back in the late 90s the "Aldi-PC" was an insane boost for them. They built a huge load of PCs and sold a handful in every store at very competitive prices roughly once a year. People used to queue up before they open... The first one was powered by this:

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/narf/2011/07/29/Cyrix_5x86-100GP_G5F8543J_top.jpg

Good old times...

Back in the late 90s the "Aldi-PC" was an insane boost for them. They built a huge load of PCs and sold a handful in every store at very competitive prices roughly once a year. People used to queue up before they open... The first one was powered by this:

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/narf/2011/07/29/Cyrix_5x86-100GP_G5F8543J_top.jpg

Good old times...

Ha! They actually try that here from time to time...I was close to buying a laptop from them (Medion) but decided to get the Latitude. 5 years of rock solid service later, I think I made a smart choice.

While we're at the topic of frozen pizza, this works best for me:

1488644.jpg

4bc0e4d0efb6e5ec183becf215e2bb8d_5.jpg

88152491.jpg

I think it's the only one on the market here, that remotely comes close to fresh pizza. Also one of the few sorts, where the picture on the box actually looks like the final product on your plate.

Last edited:
Frozen pizza, I like this:
071921034399.jpg

Not bad for frozen pizza.

Only in America:

digiorno-pizza_cookies.jpg

:p

1488644.jpg

4bc0e4d0efb6e5ec183becf215e2bb8d_5.jpg

88152491.jpg

I think it's the only one on the market here, that remotely comes close to fresh pizza. Also one of the few sorts, where the picture on the box actually looks like the final product on your plate.

:wub: :drool:

That's my favorite style&brand of frozen ones as well.

i dont understand you guys... somehow i really dont like them o_O

I bought it at first, because it is the only frozen pizza, that has to be baked at 250?, which is the maximum for an electric oven. More heat = Good sign. Pizza ovens usually go up to 400?.

Also they advise you to bake it at the bottom of your stove and not in the middle, like everyone else does. Somehow that looked a little more thought through to me and practice then confirmed it.

Last edited:
Favourite frozen pizza for me:

DF_2_DrOetker_QuattroFormaggi.jpg
Ordered pizza at Domino's yesterday... Pretty decent pizza's actually. But the best pizza's ever are about 500m away from me in a little Italian restaurant called Piccola Venezia. I'll remember to snap a picture the next time I go there :)

Favourite frozen pizza for me:

View attachment 4773
Ordered pizza at Domino's yesterday... Pretty decent pizza's actually. But the best pizza's ever are about 500m away from me in a little Italian restaurant called Piccola Venezia. I'll remember to snap a picture the next time I go there :)

I was shocked at how much dominos pizza has improved. Sadly it's still a bit cardboard tasting but overall it was tasty for chain pizza

When I but my own frozen pizza, I usually will treat myself to this once in a while since it's pretty costly.

meatylegend32oz.jpg

Otherwise if I want amazing thin crust pizza I get this,

rosati.jpg

Hopefully I'm not the only Chicago Suburbnite who knows of these guys.

But this is the Aldi stuff I was talking about.

frenchbread.jpg

Last edited: