FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't have that. I'll be going down the A14, the M11 and the M25 to Kent. Fucked if I know where we're going from there. :p

Then the M20 to Dover, some motorway to Belgium, some motorway to Germany, then some motorway to the Ring. :lol:

It must be said, when we were driving through Germany it was very easy and clear where the derestricted bits were and where each other speed limit was.

There are cops round the Ring. With LAZORS. And they like taking your money. Just saying. :)

Not sure about that. They can't do all these "lets look if your car is completely T?V'd" shit and give you points, so they try to get Germans with a chance of illegal modifications first, at least that was my impression.

Not sure about that. They can't do all these "lets look if your car is completely T?V'd" shit and give you points, so they try to get Germans with a chance of illegal modifications first, at least that was my impression.

Actually, they could. Foreign cars need to be sort-of road legal, and foreign drivers can get points in Flensburg.

It also needs mentioning, that foreigners have to pay fines right there. In that moment. Which means immediately. On the spot.

And if they don't have the money, say goodbye to your mobile phone, sat nav, radio or anything else that is not part of your car and worth some money.

Just saying...

No idea. Do they?

Last edited:
It also needs mentioning, that foreigners have to pay fines right there. In that moment. Which means immediately. On the spot.[...]
:hmm: you mean like on location? At that certain moment in time? Right then? Without delay? Insert-other-english-phrase-for-same-spot-here-have-run-out-of-them-still-have-some-for-time-though.

/troll :bunny:

Generally they allow you to drive to the nearest ATM machine to withdraw the cash needed, and I have heard tales of them accepting credit card as well.

got a fine once and when i offered my EC-card and their stupid machine refused to take it, they just let me go... said the damn thing never worked in the cold :p

Cops only take EC Cards from Germans by now to prevent....mh...lets say fines not reaching the state :)
And yeah eizbaer, I had that too. "Card error". They asked me if I had another card (which I did, but I forgot) and then told me to fuck off. Was a 15? fine anyways.

Now, to important matters:

How do we manage to get coffee in the morning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.