Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Saw a Charger today (new model) with a license plate that says "FastFive" some middle aged dude was driving too... (I sincerely hope he won it somehow)
This is just great, so my friend drives a 350z and was asked at work to go to a DR site for some testing but was also asked to pick up the boss and another person. So my friend tells the boss that his car is a 2 seater and that's plain not possible. He then had to spend 20 minutes explaining to the boss what a 2 seater is and why it wouldn't be possible, he wouldn't get it until my friend pulled up a picture of the interior......

Ok
Do you know how to tell copyright crap is out of hand? When people pull their COMMERCIALS from youtube for infringement.
Also that used to be an audi ad that was apparently a rip off of the chyrsler superbowl ad. My head hurts.

[...] My head hurts.
In Germany right now, Google is sued by a Copyright collective to pay them money (they will then return to artists and record labels) for Musicvideos, the artists and their record labels they work for uploaded to youtube themselves.

Last edited:
Hey guys, rick sold his car!

I just recently purchased a 1995 Saturn. Great first car! It was good on gas, and a stick, I grew attached to it. Three weeks later I get home from a friends place. Unbeknownst to me, there was a crack in my fuel line, so shortly after going inside to go to sleep(it is midnight), my brother awakens the house screaming about a fire. Sure enough, my new vehicle is blazing in the driveway. Sad night for all. Had to call a firetruck.

hXAsU.jpg

Last edited:
Sad night for all. Had to call a firetruck.

1. No. 2. No shit!

I've been looking at diesel Freelanders on Autotrader. Out of nowhere I've had the idea of swapping my Series 3 for one and painting it with NATO satin olive green. Someone tell me where I'm going wrong.

NOM-NOM-NOM!

It's perfect! Exactly what I'm looking for. It's a bit far away though...

On Thursday I'm flying back to the states, loading up the car and driving 1,200 miles from West Virginia to Colorado. I doubt that I will have the time, or energy to drive another 1,000 to get to California and buy a car.

Plus, there is a 2001 T5M in Denver right now for $6,800. 2001 cars had faulty drive-by-wire systems, but even if that's a problem it's only a $1,000 fix.

Cool find though!

LP: If I provided you with video/audio of my car's bonging, will you remix that too? :D

If I was really really REALLY REALLY REAAALLY bored and had nothing to do when I got back home from a day of work and the gym, and I had some inspiration....

Yes.

Well, you're out of luck, Audi has a constant beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep for when you don't have the lights on (which I had fixed to auto turn on and off depending on where the key in the ignition is) and I don't have seatbelt sensors, so my car only beeps when going in reverse (and the sensors go off, that is).

hmmmm.... trade up from my 98 Outback to a 99 Avant? sound reasonable or just retarded from a reliability standpoint?
Dunno much about reliability of that gen A6 but it did survive for 12 years :D
Well, you're out of luck, Audi has a constant beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep for when you don't have the lights on (which I had fixed to auto turn on and off depending on where the key in the ignition is) and I don't have seatbelt sensors, so my car only beeps when going in reverse (and the sensors go off, that is).
Interesting... Mine makes a long beep if key is in and lights are on and driver door is open and a quick beep when you get in but that's about it.

you know what's annoying?

First doing a 300 km trip with mainly highway stuff, and high speeds meaning lots of bug splatter all over the windscreen.
Then on a bone dry day accidentally hitting the windscreen wiper

my windshield is now a poop smear of dead bugs............

http://news.consumerreports.org/car...nd.html?EXTKEY=I91CONL&CMP=OTC-ConsumeristRSS

Ouch, how the mighty have fallen.

Consumer Reports "Cars" Blog said:
The redesigned-for-2012 Honda Civic LX scored too low in Consumer Reports testing to be recommended. Let that
sink in for a minute. It?s quite a fall.

The Civic has long ranked among CR?s top small sedans, having been a Top Pick
as late as 2007. It?s also long been reliable, and we don?t expect that to
change in the not-extensively-redesigned 2012 model.

So what happened? The new Civic feels
insubstantial with a cheap interior. You don?t get much feature content for the
$19,405 that our Civic LX automatic costs, either. That?s a problem given the
high bar set in this class by the new-to-market Chevrolet
Cruze
, the redesigned-for-2012 Ford Focus, and the
redesigned-for-2011 Hyundai
Elantra

But a savvy buyer could sit in a showroom and realize those Civic
shortcomings. The problems that really hurt the Civic?s score run deeper and
they showed up at our test track. Stopping distances are long. The steering is
lightly weighted and comes up short on feedback. Body lean appears early in the
corners. The ride is marred by frequent short pitches. And road noise still
remains an annoying companion.

Not all of the news is bad. Fuel economy is very impressive, despite the
Civic?s seemingly low-tech powertrain. There?s decent rear seat room, too.

But that?s just not enough. With all of the recent small sedan competition
and a redesign that dropped the ball, now there are a lot better choices than a
2012 Civic.

I've seen a few of the new ones on the street...the look has grown on me. A shame about the interior and handling though: Even my coworkers base last gen Civic DX had a nice interior with soft-touch materials on the upper doors.

EU driving licence question.

If you have a full driving licence in an EU country, you then move to another EU country say for work, your current licence is good for the first year.

What happens after a year, can you just apply for another full driving licence in the new country or do you then have to take a driving test?

:)