FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am ignoring my falling apart exhaust muffler as good as I can ;)

I'll bring ear plugs. At least we'll know when you're coming.

There was an old Polo on the rally that arrived to one of the campsites with a rattling exhaust. A quick check and the silencer was promptly ripped off. The thing sounded so much better! :lol:

So, come on, brits. Who of you UKanians will bring a fellow UKRainian a helmet? :) I would order one online to your home address, assuming they have them in stock for delivery in time for the meet.

Well right now Speed is the only one driving anyway, so not many options. Matt is just luggage, other brits won't attend as it seems.

^ Yeah - unfortunately it costs a bunch to add Matt to the insurance; and the company only add people for 7 days at a time :p A bit pointless :lol: But yeah we are the only Brits attending.

I don't have a helmet, and I doubt Matt has one too. :p I'm sure we'll survive... And don't you already have a helmet/why does it have to be Ukanian? :dunno:

Last edited:
He wants to order a new one, but the shop is UK-based. Delivery to Finland will probably not reach him in time, so he wants to order one and get it delivered to you, so you can bring it to the meet.

I also had dinner at the Scheune on saturday, I told the guy I?d give him a final number on the wednesday before OGP. Is that manageable?
If he's OK with that, that's perfectly fine. If someone hasn't decided until then he/she probably won't appear anyway.

^ Yeah - unfortunately it costs a bunch to add Matt to the insurance; and the company only add people for 7 days at a time :p A bit pointless :lol: But yeah we are the only Brits attending.

I thought that would be the case, as long as you're OK with driving all the way. A helmet never even crossed my mind, I think I'll be fine.

He wants to order a new one, but the shop is UK-based. Delivery to Finland will probably not reach him in time, so he wants to order one and get it delivered to you, so you can bring it to the meet.

Indeed:

I wanted to buy a helmet, but forgot to order it in time. If I order one now there's a risk it wont arrive before the ferry leaves.

The shop's in UK, so just a thought... would any UK attendees volunteer to carry a helmet to the meet for me? ;)

Speedtouch, Matt, I don't have a full face helmet and I was planning to get one for a long time. I'm sure you'll survive as most people who go around the ring do, but I still prefer to wear one on the track, especially with an open car.

Speedtouch, Matt, I don't have a full face helmet and I was planning to get one for a long time. I'm sure you'll survive as most people who go around the ring do, but I still prefer to wear one on the track, especially with an open car.

Sorry, I wasn't saying you shouldn't want one. I'm fine with having it as an extra passenger but it's up to Dave. Where's the shop it's coming from?

They only operate online, v2sport.com. It doesn't matter though. I make an order, I put one of your addresses in, you bring whatever drops in the mail to the meet. I will makes sure that they have the needed one in stock and can deliver it in time for whenever you guys plan to leave.

Come on now, the Saab is not a Kangoo, but it surely has space for an extra melon-sized object? :)

Well, I got the results from the CT today. The good news is that it's not broken and they removed the cast. The bad news is that my left foot is still in a soft splint, so driving is out for the next 3 weeks. At least I can use it to walk now.

Come on now, the Saab is not a Kangoo, but it surely has space for an extra melon-sized object? :)

You'll be surprised at how frickin huge the thing is inside. Especially boot space - and yet it actually seems pretty small from the outside :p Yeah its fine to bring that along - I should be home all the time until the meet - probably easier to have it sent to me to avoid Matt having to bring it down. What do you need - just the address?

Your CC might be helpful too :mrgreen:.

Actually now I think about it, when Hammond crashed we bought him a helmet. MXM crashed too so should FG get together and buy it for him or just tell him to jog on? :D

If that was the logic someone else would have a collection by now.

You'll be surprised at how frickin huge the thing is inside. Especially boot space - and yet it actually seems pretty small from the outside :p Yeah its fine to bring that along - I should be home all the time until the meet - probably easier to have it sent to me to avoid Matt having to bring it down. What do you need - just the address?

Thanks. Yeah, PM me the delivery address and I'll call them tomorrow.

I'm thinking about joining you all on Saturday, as I planned to drive to the Ring for the Grand Prix anyways. I'd participate in the Saturday drive, if anyone is interested in joining me in the Benz, not keen on doing it all alone.
I could take people with me from Frankfurt on Saturday, but I might have to leave early in the evening for a family gathering.

Speedtouch, I called the guy at the shop, he said they if I order now the helmet will be shipped next Tuesday, for next day delivery. Is it still ok? When are you leaving to the meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.