NFL '11 Regular Season Thread

teletubby-warrior

Da Superfan
I'm surprised no one's created a thread yet, but here it is!

First, let's start off with the most shocking news: I can't believe Jay and Kristin called it off! Like OMG, guys.

Anyway, a lot of crap just happened in a very short period...

Discuss. :p

Probobly because its NOT the regular season yet...

I'm disappointed by the Maynard release. He might as well have been the Bears MVP some seasons. I guess he's to old to punt in the cold, but it feels disloyal. G-Reg "Third Leg" Olsen didn't fit with the blue collar mentality of the Bears, he was Hurricane to the core.

In honor of Randy Moss's retirement, the ballerest move ever to be captured on film by an NFL player. Hopefully it isn't permanent because Randy has always been one of my favorite players to watch, and he is hilarious. I think his douche honesty is refreshing in a league of in front of the camera humble, but privately huge douchebags.

College fb is my first love, but the NFL has grown on me (mainly because it gives me an extra month of football past the national championship in jan): why did the Texans take Leinart?? From the little I've heard he's mediocre, and a giant XL-sized douchecanoe. Most of my hate for him is personal though, and perhaps not warranted.

My Rams are looking good this year, can't spend enough on the OL to protect our mega-investment (Bradford) who will be a stud in a year or 2. See Matt Ryan-esk. I think we have the division...beyond that, not so hot of chances, but I'll take a playoff birth nonetheless.

Lockout killed my team :cry:

I just hope it's not an embarassing season. Although I'm glad the team finally has an offensive minded coach and not one who's playbook consists of run up the middle and punt.

Lockout killed my team :cry:

I just hope it's not an embarassing season. Although I'm glad the team finally has an offensive minded coach and not one who's playbook consists of run up the middle and punt.

That sounds an awful lot like my Titans. Except they looked fairly decent in their preseason game. :p

49ers is my team Yep I admit it I'm a fan of a team who has had an abysmal decade. But I remember the last time they were this bad things got better for the next 20 years. Fingers crossed!!!!!!

Good, you won't mind the defeat heading your way Saturday. :p

60-yard FGs? Let's dig up an old one!

I could care less if we lose 100-0, it's the preseason. :lol: Didn't the Colts lose like 16 preseason games in a row?

I think we both know the only Rams/Titans game that ever mattered. ;)

Eddie George does the local preseason broadcasts. Kevin Carter was brought into the booth with him this year. Saturday's broadcast will be interesting.