Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

My right knee after a 200 km stint on the highway with CRUISE CONTROL:

36.png

Cruise control ftw if you need to go anywhere using a straight road.

I can't stand cruise control...mainly because the programming on mine sucks ass.

Got an alignment done today and shortly after pulled up next to the first 1M I've seen. It had an August sticker so I guess it was fresh off the lot. It was black and far better to look at in person than in the pictures. The wide-body just... works.

My right knee was operated on when I was 6 and now any prolonged stress (like hovering the gas pedal) starts hurting quite a bit. I'm ok if I walk it off for a few minutes and then continue, but that always required a stop every 1 or 2 hours. Now that's not an issue anymore.

My right knee was operated on when I was 6 and now any prolonged stress (like hovering the gas pedal) starts hurting quite a bit. I'm ok if I walk it off for a few minutes and then continue, but that always required a stop every 1 or 2 hours. Now that's not an issue anymore.
Ahh I see. Sux.

Friend of mine just paid $700 on runflat tires for his E90 3-series. This is just for the rear tires. Yeah, I'll stick to my under-engineered cars with lower maintenance costs.

Looking forward to a long weekend road trip up Pacific Coast Highway in the Lotus Exige...less than 40 hrs until scenic driving nirvana.

I used to think cruise control was for the weak. Then I drove 1120 miles in one day. I now love cruise control.

I never have a reason to use it on my daily commute but I see the value when driving long, flat, straight highways for hours. It's not like it does any harm to have it.

Then don't hover over the gas pedal. I've never heard of anyone doing that while cruise control is engaged on a highway run.

I think he's referring to when he's not using the CC. When he does, his knee is fine.