Random Thoughts....

Today is sadness day
Along with the obvious sad that is the Where is? thread today, my dog is about to take that vet trip you don't come back from as he is getting nastily sickly lately and is very old.
IMGP0163.jpg

Sorry to hear that Kat - my Dog is still hanging on in there, with 75% of his spinal chord worn through - he will not have long but we will keep him for as long as he is not in pain and can walk.

Just paid 1,700 GBP for a full MRI scan - he is a member of the family and I think that the children have learnt a valuable lesson about family and what it takes to keep it together.

If it was just the not standing up I would probably attempt to build him a wheelchair (Dog wheelchairs, how hard could they be?) but he has been not able to breathe well going downhill to today where he is badly weezing, he is blind, deaf, etc. He cannot even find his food dish anymore when it is right in front of him :(

Really sorry to hear about your dog Kat. Its better to let them go like that than make them live on in pain. Its a tough decision to make but its the right one.

Sorry to hear that Kat - my Dog is still hanging on in there, with 75% of his spinal chord worn through - he will not have long but we will keep him for as long as he is not in pain and can walk.

Just paid 1,700 GBP for a full MRI scan - he is a member of the family and I think that the children have learnt a valuable lesson about family and what it takes to keep it together.

When we put down our last dog. My mum had said that she never wanted to get another dog again because she didn't want to go through the loss again. However after a while of both me and my brother nagging her. She changed her mind due mostly to how empty the house became when you don't have a pet there to welcome you home.
Within a year of losing our dog. We were bringing home a 6 month old puppy from Battersea Dogs Home.

I have been worried about him suffering lately due to the fact his personality has had a bit of a nasty change which has made me wonder if he was in pain :(

I'm sorry Kat, I've had to go through two dog deaths in about 5 year span. It sucks, normally I'm not that bummed about deaths but man, when you get that attached, it's hard to let go.

As much as I love dogs, I don't know if I could have one when I move out. It's so hard. :no:

I know how you feel. :hug:

kat, that sucks.
:hugs:

Sorry to hear that Kat :(. It'll be difficult for you for sure, but it's all about what's best for your puppy. Best not to let it suffer.

<hugs>

Sorry about that Kat :hug: never an easy moment, thruth is it's for the best though.

Hmm...out of curiosity, has anyone here at FG ever tried acid? A friend of mine apparently has access to some and I'm anticipating that I will have to babysit her if she tries it. I want to know what to expect. I babysit drunk and stoned people quite often, so it wouldn't be a surprise if this were next...:lol:

It could be a normal trip, or a really bad trip. I had to take a few people to hospital because they could not take it. I have done it once or twice, the only thing I ever saw was every face had a blue square on it, and black and white TV I could see in color.
Thing is, I have a REALLY vivid imagination normally, but acid did nothing for it; I figured out that I didn't need drugs to be imaginative. For that I consider myself lucky, as it means there are probably a lot of people with little or no imagination. That is sad.

Sorry to hear about your pup Kat, losing one is never easy.

Sorry to hear about you dog, Kat. I hope these lines from Enzo, the canine narrator of "The Art of Racing in the Rain" help:

?In Mongolia, when a dog dies, he is buried high in the hills so people cannot walk on his grave. The dog?s master whispers into the dog?s ear his wishes that the dog will return as a man in his next life. Then his tail is cut off and put beneath his head, and a piece of meat or fat is placed in his mouth to sustain his soul on its journey; before he is reincarnated, the dog?s soul is freed to travel the land, to run across the high desert plains for as long as it would like. I learned that from a program on the National Geographic channel, so I believe it is true. Not all dogs return as men, they say; only those who are ready. I am ready.?

I am fine guys :lol:
I think there are more important deaths on FG than my dog who according to the vet was purposely sending the "I want this to end" signals at that point anyway. He had ran out of quality of life and it was his time.

So I guess its probably a better idea not to let my friend do acid. She's already...eeeurgh enough even on alcohol. Last time she was drunk, she basically passed out but didn't even remember it and when she woke up I was gone, and she freaked out because everyone else there was asleep.

Checking on financial aid..I'm hoping that things will go through in time...

"invisible stick" deodorant is not invisible at all. it looks like fucking christmas in my armpits right now.

Reactions: Jay
Checking on financial aid..I'm hoping that things will go through in time...

And it didn't. Basically, they're insistent that i've used up all the financial aid allocated to me. Odd as I've only attended Ship for 3 years thus far, and only went to HACC (the community college i was hoping to return to) for the winter spring and summer of 08-09 and then, only part time.

I could have hit the time limit though: apparently one only has X amount of time to complete a degree before the Govt. says "enough!"

Too bad I was too poor to take summer classes while I was at Ship, and too poor to take more credits during each academic year. (working while in school's a bitch, news at 11)

If the HACC financial aid lady is correct (and for some odd reason, at both Ship and HACC, financial aid has got to be the most incompetently run departments I've ever come across) then I would have faced the same issue even if I had a kickass fall and spring semester at Ship. So frustrating.

It's like I can't win and wasn't destined to. Knowing what I know now, I probably would have just said "fuck you" to my parents insistence that I attend college. It's been about 4 years and I don't even have a associates degree to wipe my ass with, let alone a bachelors. All I have is govt backed student loans to pay back, no grants because with my luck my dad makes enough to prevent me from ever getting them. Period.

The final nasty insult to injury? It's a fucking pattern. My mom had to drop from Ohio State because she ran out of money, ditto my father. Now I have, which is fucking brilliant. Chances are high that my kids will as well, given my luck. My mom has MS that pretty much means she can't work, and while my dad's career in IT has been successful, if he ever loses his job we'd be screwed as he knows and only knows mainframes. My stepmom does have her degree and also has had a good career.

I guess my plan will be to continue to move into my mom's place and help her out while working full time for a while...I literally don't know what I'll do but oh well.

Edit: I didn't hit the time limit, but rather the loan amount limit...there's literally no money left to disburse. This is leaving us dumbfounded as, like i mentioned, people get financial aid all through their masters degrees and shit...i'm lost.

Last edited: