Anglolovers

Yeah, good job guys on designing your plugs to take up three hundred cubic fucking feet of space. Your power strips take up entire living rooms.

right...

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/08/02/tabnv.jpg

What annoys me most about UK plugs is that they usualy have an offswitch.....so every time, in every single hotel, some previous occupant has squeezed his tiny arm/hand behind the dresser/bed/whatever turing it off because he coulden't figure out how to turn of the TV/lamps/coffeemaker/whatever.....and I can't switch it back on whithout taking the room half apart.

What is this I don't even?

Was a slight incoherent ramble, I thought no US plug was grounded/has no earth pin. But the main power is grounded?

What annoys me most about UK plugs is that they usualy have an offswitch.

Too complicated for most Americans. :jeremy:

Last edited:
Too complicated for most Americans. :jeremy:

I'm pretty sure most of the hotels/b&b's I sleep in aren't frequented by Americans......no disabled scooter access :p

:clarkson: meets the neighbours.

There is a flaw in the UK dream.
Standing on a UK plug, is even more painful than getting kicked in the nuts.

1163609_uk_plug.jpg

Probably one of the sorest things ever standing on a plug.

... nextto Lego. Fuck it goes right in!! >_<

Aussie plugs...

plug.jpg

The wire comes out the back, not the bottom. Ours lie flat... ready to pounce.

Why the switches?

Haha, my old house was built in the late 1700s on top of a medieval graveyard. When digging the back garden for vegetables and such it wasn't unusual to find human bones. My favourite was the jaw bone, complete with teeth.
As somebody with a very keen interest and history and archaeology this excited me quite a lot, although might be a bit too much history for some people. :lol:

Here is a picture of the street, the top is from Google Streetview and is a year old, the bottom is from the 1960s. The place has barely changed since the 1700s, let alone a mere 50 years ago!
oldvsnew8.jpg
Oh look - where have all the TV antennae gone? Who has put the circa 1900 lights back?

Why the switches?
Health and Safety, modern houses have circuit breakers, all plugs have appropriate fuses, most heavy power usage kit has three wires L & N plus Ground. And as a further safety measure - to be compatible with old stuff probably, switches so that the house holder can switch off when away on holiday for instance.

Last edited:
Health and Safety, modern houses have circuit breakers, all plugs have appropriate fuses, most heavy power usage kit has three wires L & N plus Ground. And as a further safety measure - to be compatible with old stuff probably, switches so that the house holder can switch off when away on holiday for instance.

I just pull the plug out.

In a battle between an eco hippie and a NIMBY who would win? No one they are one and the same person.

It should be noted - both of which have way too much time on their hands.

Socket is still live though.

Or just put one of these in, saves the time running to your fuse panel.
GFI-726222.jpg

Ground Fault Circuit Interface.

So one more thing to know about Ukania, the natives moan a lot about the littlest things. :hmm:

So one more thing to know about Ukania, the natives moan a lot about the littlest things. :hmm:

Germans do that. At least the ones I know. There's one here solely for school, she absolutely hates the US and everyday has to tell me about it. I get it, the weather sucks and we have no history. There's also a 30 something that was here about 12 years ago for a nanny job and then moved back to Germany, yet she comes back every year for 3 years now to visit, but she hates how are school system works and food and other things. So you just spend 800 bucks on a plane ticket, why?