[OLD] FinalGear Image/File Hosting [PhyreFile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic.phyrefile.com has moved to a new server (Xeon X3440, 8GB ram, 6TB storage) and changed ips.
Your dns should reflect the change within several hours. New address is 216.59.2.48. Please do not edit your hosts file to set this address.

That assumes we were using DNS to lookup pic.phyrefile in the first place :p

I have FG IRC/FG Forums/FG site/Phyrefile in my hosts file. It helps when my DNS server goes down (local DNS server ftw :D)

That assumes we were using DNS to lookup pic.phyrefile in the first place :p

I have FG IRC/FG Forums/FG site/Phyrefile in my hosts file. It helps when my DNS server goes down (local DNS server ftw :D)

Well, on your own head be it when things stop working then :p

I too run a local DNS server, but rather than have anything hardcoded in a hosts file, I just use a caching BIND server so that lookups after the first are very fast. I also don't use my ISP's slow DNS servers, but rather run mine in recursive mode. If you can't reliably run a DNS server that will always be available, the answer is to let someone else do it for you (opendns, google), not to edit your hosts file.

Well, on your own head be it when things stop working then :p

I too run a local DNS server, but rather than have anything hardcoded in a hosts file, I just use a caching BIND server so that lookups after the first are very fast. I also don't use my ISP's slow DNS servers, but rather run mine in recursive mode. If you can't reliably run a DNS server that will always be available, the answer is to let someone else do it for you (opendns, google), not to edit your hosts file.

I know full well the advantages and disadvantages of hardcoding shit in a hosts file :D I run a local BIND server as well for home, which wasn't the easiest thing to set up the first time and have nfc what your doing D:

So far its been reliable, so not changing evar! :D

What makes me giggle about this thread is that all the images in it are broken, and it's a thread designed to prevent broken images on the forums :lol:

It is finally possible to reset your password if you forgot it (or just want to change it). Just click the link on the login page and enter your username.

What makes me giggle about this thread is that all the images in it are broken, and it's a thread designed to prevent broken images on the forums :lol:
Nice try, troll. Servers are up and working fine.

:thumbsup: because you are awesome

Ok... this afternoon I kept getting "Adobe Flash Plugin has crashed" errors. Is this a your end thing or mine?

It wasn't every time. But when U/l 10 images at a time, every 3rd batch or so would crash out.

Ok... this afternoon I kept getting "Adobe Flash Plugin has crashed" errors. Is this a your end thing or mine?
It wasn't every time. But when U/l 10 images at a time, every 3rd batch or so would crash out.
It's on your end, but I'll see if there's an updated version of the upload library we're using.

Seems the browse button is still stubbornly flash-based :/

Is there a way to re-implement that via HTML/JavaScript?

It's Flash because HTML 4 doesn't support selecting more than one file at a time for upload. HTML 5 may have addressed that deficiency, and if so, I'll add it to the list of things to work on. I'd love to get rid of the Flash requirement.

It's Flash because HTML 4 doesn't support selecting more than one file at a time for upload. HTML 5 may have addressed that deficiency, and if so, I'll add it to the list of things to work on. I'd love to get rid of the Flash requirement.

I see. I'll ask around to see if its possible, else, well, its not as bad as needing a Java applet :p

PS: Nice rep there :p

You sure? I don't see it.

I see the cars, not an error message. Ctrl+F5 or clear your cache and try again.

So I've gone on to delete my history, cache and cookies, and it's still happening. Am I the only one? It happens both with transloads and regular uploads. Using FF 5.0. Now I'm off to look for those test pictures in my image pages so I can delete them lol.

Edit - just found those test pics on page 22. I'm not 100% certain, but I think some of my uploads from two days ago were on page 52. Possible pattern there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.