Red Bull's Accord Euro

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
I figured it was time I got around to making this thread for the car I bought about a month or so ago. It's a 2010 Honda Accord Euro, or for those playing in the States, an Acura TSX. Unfortunately it's an automatic which I know you guys are going to hate but for the price I got it for I can't really complain too much. It has around 60000km on it (mostly highway), which is high for it's age but it's in great condition and I don't do as much driving now so it should drive the average down over time. It's fitted with a fairly anemic 2.4L I4 which doesn't do a whole lot about bothering to move the car, at least until VTEC kicks in (yo) up around the higher rev range. In fact I was surprised just how much it has to offer up around the 4500rpm mark. Passing trucks at highway speeds is effortless once it gets going. Around town I'm getting 9.3L/100km (which includes 200km of highway driving). On the highway I've had it down to 6.9 L/100km. Haven't filled it in about three weeks and it still has half a tank which is about twice as good as the Commodore!

On the road it's sure footed and pretty well sorted and despite the front wheel drive, goes around corners with considerable ease. Much nicer than the old rear wheeled Commodore I had before, which feels pretty woolly in comparison. The gearbox is quite a bit nicer too, and there's always sport mode (with paddles!) for a bit more fun.

The interior is a pleasant place to be, although the sound system can be a bit busy when you're driving along and trying to perfect a setting. Don't like the seatbelt connector thingies, they're way too low and I'm often searching around for a bit before it clicks in. Still, it puts a smile on my face!

Anyway, enough blabbing, time for the pictures!

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/re/redbull/2011/08/05/HA1.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/r/re/redbull/2011/08/05/HA2.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/r/re/redbull/2011/08/05/HA3.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/r/re/redbull/2011/08/05/HA4.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/r/re/redbull/2011/08/05/HAproof.jpg

Silver Hondas ftw! :p

Nice car. I always liked those and they look even better in Honda trim, rather than the Acura trim we see here.

I see you do not have the SAT NAV on yours - I have a 2007 2200 GT diesel estate - has the full monty except electric seats and full leather - only 1/2 leather. Has the Bluetooth for the phone and the auto dual zone climate. I have been meaning to put up a picture - I will try to get around to it this weekend, with the prerequsite FG notices of course.

Yours looks really nice example.

Last edited:
I like the TSX/euro accord shape, much cleaner than the lekshus bulkiness and some other alternatives, they look like huge cars on tiny wheels, this is well proportioned, vtec yo \m/

For some reason the rear of the TSX/Euro Accord was what made it stand out for me.

Nice Accord with a proper looking grill (unlike the hideousness of the Acura corporate grill), and yes ignore any stupidity from AT haters, they're just immature children anyway.

I can't really say I'm a fan of either grill, but yeah the Honda one does look better than this:

2010_Acura_TSX_--_03-15-2010.jpg

Bu anyway, nice car! :)

So finally the European and the American ones are the same car!

Glad for you, the saloon i'd have. Much more interesting and pretty than the boring german ones.

Glad for you, the saloon i'd have. Much more interesting and pretty than the boring german ones.

Nope, we have a much larger Accord. It's uglier as well.

It's not the American one, the OP is in Australia, where we get the European model. And the American one which nobody buys.

Nice car, I've always had a soft spot for these. The seats are particularly excellent, I imagine they are the same shape as the ones in the Luxury model I drove. Damn smooth car, too.

Last edited:
Yeah, we have this one.

.. Actually looking at Honda's Australia site, so do the Aussies.

Yup, but as I'm not over the age of 60 it's of no interest to me :p.

Hbriz said:
The seats are particularly excellent, I imagine they are the same shape as the ones in the Luxury model I drove. Damn smooth car, too.

Pretty much yeah. Except they're not leather, which I don't need.

Cobol74 said:
II see you do not have the SAT NAV on yours - I have a 2007 2200 GT diesel estate - has the full monty except electric seats and full leather - only 1/2 leather. Has the Bluetooth for the phone and the auto dual zone climate. I have been meaning to put up a picture - I will try to get around to it this weekend, with the prerequsite FG notices of course.

Yours looks really nice example.

Nah, again, not needed. Also I don't see why I should pay a $3000 premium for a toy I can buy for a tenth of the price. I test drove a luxury model a few months ago and was seriously impressed with the driving dynamics which are the same whether you buy a base model manual or a top of the range luxury-navi. For a used car, it is in superb condition and at a seriously good price. I was about to commit to a Holden Calais before this came along!