Cars you'd like to see in Series 18

- Maserati GranTurismo S still missing from the show!
- Aston One-77
- Koenigsegg Agera
- New Stratos
- New M5 versus the C63 AMG "awesome wheel arches" Black

Damn, yes! The new Koenigsegg! Still want to see that, too.

I hate to say this, but I doubt a Stratos test will happen as Ferrari killed the project. I doubt they would be allowed to thrash the concept. But still we can dream. Maybe if Lambo have one done in time, the Aventador concept to take on the Veyron SS record.

Last edited:
I'd like to see if they can do an entire series without anything from BMW and Mercedes. I maintain that the greatness of Series 9 was due to a total lack of Bowel Movements and only one Brabus-tuned Merc (which is pretty much a different beast from anything stock or from AMG). Let's see if they can get rid of their crutches and walk without any assistance from Munich or Stuttgart...and for that matter, I'd recommend not having anything from that other Stuttgart-based company, but then what would Richard talk about for six weeks?

I don't think TG really has the same reliance on those two brands as C&D, MotorTrend or R&T do. I'm fine with those models as Top Gear really doesn't deify them that much.

I wanna see the i8 if it's ready, as well as the new M5 from BMW. From Merc, a race featuring the SLS Roadster would be nice. just for that sound.

I don't think TG really has the same reliance on those two brands as C&D, MotorTrend or R&T do. I'm fine with those models as Top Gear really doesn't deify them that much.

Are you watching the same Jeremy Clarkson as I am? The one I'm watching gets uncontrollable erections when he spots the letters "A", "M", and "G" on the back of a car.

But May and Hammond counter him. They're all fanboys of some cars, just as we are. What is different about it is that on those magazines ALL of the writers hold those manufacturers with the same sanctity.

The problem is that the fanboyishness gets out of hand on TG, and no more so than with BMW and Merc. Out of 17 series, there have only been three (9, 11, and 15) without a BMW reviewed. Series 12 was the only one without a Merc; Series 17 didn't have a Merc reviewed, but Jeremy used his own car for instructional purposes in 17x05. Compare the fact that there have been five series without Richard's beloved Porsche (1, 5, 13, 14, and 17). Then again, they pretty much reviewed every single iteration of the Zonda that was released.

Compare the fact that there have been three series without Richard's beloved Porsche (1, 14, and 17).

FTFY.

The very first review of Series 5 was Jeremy checking the then-new 911. Plus, the Porsche Panamera (which Richard didn't like) originally appeared in S13, when James and Richard used it to race against the Royal Mail.

Forgot about the Panamera/Royal Mail race. Silly of me, really, since it's one of my favorites. But the point does still stand. They let their fanboyishness get away from them too often.

Let's just go over those numbers again: one series without serious involvement of a Merc. Three series without serious involvement of either a BMW or Porsche. Five series without serious involvement of a Ford (10, 11, 14, 15, 17). I don't know if this is more due to personal bias or a more calculated focus on exotica because they think that brings in the casual viewer. Probably more the latter, since we all know that they love the products of Land Rover, and a Land Rover/Range Rover has been featured in less than half the series (missing in 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 16).

Here is my demand :)

Here is my demand :)

The all new 911(991)
Porsche-Concepts-3061111104015601600x1060.jpg

(In finished form, not this disguised look)

Fisker Karma
fisker_karma_1_cd_gallery.jpg

Could be in a duel with the alternatives from Porsche and the Aston (and maybe the Ferrari)

F-150-Raptor.jpg

I know Jeremy tested the F150 Lightening a few years ago but it was a terrible because he tried to take the street performance version off road. He should've done some track testing. The first generation (based off of a 9th gen f150) was tuned with help from Jackie Stewart so that one on the show should've been really good.

To any of those upset over Top Gear reviewing more German cars, it could very easily be that the Germans are simply more willing to provide their product to the show. There are probably many reasons for this, though a positive review really goes a long way with car manufacturers. Negative reviews tend to make car manufacturers review allowing certain shows or publications to cover their vehicles.

Probably more the latter, since we all know that they love the products of Land Rover, and a Land Rover/Range Rover has been featured in less than half the series (missing in 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 16).

6x01. Range Rover Sport vs. Challenger II Tank. Still, good points.

Mr. Nice said:
To any of those upset over Top Gear reviewing more German cars, it could very easily be that the Germans are simply more willing to provide their product to the show.

True. How many manufacturers have TG upset over the last nine years? Several.

On the other hand, I think of the Ferrari Enzo (5x02). Ferrari wouldn't loan them one, though they're generally more than happy to let TG thrash their other cars around the track. And then Bugatti wouldn't loan them the original Veyron to take for a lap (though they were happy enough to let them use one for other items on the show and to display in the studio); the one that ultimately went around (12x04) was borrowed from its owner.

Last edited:
MK6 VW GTI...I may be slightly bias...

[video=youtube;ZDNYioDIA-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDNYioDIA-s[/video]

It's an interesting car. I went to the website to check it out. Base price with ~450HP and a 4-speed manual is 125 grand. The fully loaded 650HP 572ci version is only 159. Options include leather seats, air con, cupholders, fuel injection, five and six speed manuals(There are no automatics or flappy paddle gaerboxes available unless you special order it with one), six piston road course brakes, a back seat with a three-point harness, and a rather nice radio. It's better appointed than many base models you'll find on dealer lots! Standard equipment is air suspension that will raise it up enough to clear speed bumps, therefore, it can actually go on their board, and I honestly think Clarkson would have quite a bit of fun with it on the track. Especially if he gets the 572ci version.

I doubt he'd like it, he tends to be overly harsh on American cars and he will undoubtedly complain about how inefficient the engines are, but I do believe he'd enjoy driving it on the track just the same. After all he loves driving the Corvette...

For the record, I'd only buy one if I was bill gates rich. If I was just rich enough to afford 150K on a car I'd look elsewhere. It's a cool concept, I like the car, but I don't like it enough to buy it over, say, a 911 if I had to make payments on my 150,000 dollar car. Or perhaps an Aston, I'd definitely choose A DB9 over that.

That would be a better piece for TG US, I think.