Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

A key credit rating agency has downgraded US credit from AAA to AA+ for the first time in history, that means more tax money must be spent on interest payments and the fragile recovery is more likely to fall apart. Fuck you, Washington, every last one of you.

I agree, fuck them very much.

What is going on with these black flash mobs?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/20/flash-robberies-video_n_880589.html

The above article above seems to take pains not to point out that almost all the participants in the incidents are African-American.

Race is not a part of the story, age is and that was mentioned. If all are not black, as you pointed out, what should they have said..."and most of these thieves are black"... ? The video speaks for itself. Hopefully next time the participants are all shot.

A key credit rating agency has downgraded US credit from AAA to AA+ for the first time in history, that means more tax money must be spent on interest payments and the fragile recovery is more likely to fall apart. Fuck you, Washington, every last one of you.
It's always nice to see how unelected for-profit corporations with histories of corruption and incompetence decide the fates of nations.

I just wish they'd rise some taxes.

Christ, I'm glad I don't live in the U.S. right now. The US losing AAA is going to be disastrous for that country.

It's not like Europe is much better economically speaking, but at least our politicians acknowledge we have a problem and are making spending cuts and raising taxes.

What is going on with these black flash mobs?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/20/flash-robberies-video_n_880589.html

The above article above seems to take pains not to point out that almost all the participants in the incidents are African-American.
They seem to be very inspired by what is happening in South Africa where white farmers are brutally murdered by black mobs. This is also common in Zimbabwe where white farmers farms are taken over by the dictator and given out to the black portion of the country. But hey, who am I to argue? Us white people are all racist anyway, that is what I?m being told constantly by the "un-biased" media.:(

It's always nice to see how unelected for-profit corporations with histories of corruption and incompetence decide the fates of nations.
While the rating agencies were very much responsible for the financial crisis of 2008, this downgrade is exactly the opposite. While it is a daft decision, it is the right thing to do. The politicians in the US have hardly been caring much about the country in the past months, we can only hope that this downgrade will make them come to their senses.
Also who would you like to issue these ratings? Some government institute that is even more prone to corruption, as it is funded and appointed by the government? As far as I am concerned the US does not pay the ratings agencies to create these ratings.

While the rating agencies were very much responsible for the financial crisis of 2008, this downgrade is exactly the opposite. While it is a daft decision, it is the right thing to do.
It's like pouring a bucket of water on a wooden cottage that you've set on fire half an hour ago, at best.

S&P did they not rate NINJA loans as AAA?
Mostly the super senior tranches of them, and also so did the other agencies as well.

It's like pouring a bucket of water on a wooden cottage that you've set on fire half an hour ago, at best.
And not downgrading the US would be better? It would only calm the markets a bit after a rather exciting week, but cause havoc later.

If Italy goes down, then no country in the Euro area will deserve an AAA rating anymore. This may be the reason why Der Spiegel is reporting that Germany does not want Italy to use the EFSF.

Are they not entitled though?

http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story.asp?storyid={7c244af8-bf5b-45bc-99ac-89c438415d24}

Last edited:
My view - If the US Dollar AA+ then so should the EURO be. How in Gods name have we avoided this mess?

Germany, France and by proxy the UK are all comparably stable and lacking in the batshit crazy politicians department. The Euro is determined by France and Germany and as long as they remain strong so will the Euro.

Are they not entitled though?

http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story.asp?storyid={7c244af8-bf5b-45bc-99ac-89c438415d24}
They probably are, but whatever is left of those 440bn is pocket money, if Italy goes down.

What if Italy and Spain go down though (Well know for lying to the EU are they not, laws are 'guidelines'?); Portugal, Greece and Ireland - that is a lot, I mean A LOT of debt, and are the French really strong enough to help out?