The FOOTball thread

What is defense, per say? Wenger persribes to the Carl von Clausewitz school of football.

Fantasy league closes soon. 604562-158211 is the code. Sign up, folks.

Man, Barca players sure do make a meal out of every challenge. That was a fun game to watch for a while, but then, as usual, it turned into a clusterfuck, and then, it turned into a good match at the end again.

La Liga will be slightly more interesting this year.

Sorry to the Gunners fans at FG.

BBC Sport - Barcelona finally set to unveil Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas

99.9% certain of going ahead.

And, Sami Nasri is going to Man C.

:(
Its ok, we've all known it was coming. Besides, now we get to know the answer to the question Arsene Wenger has been brooding over in his head for the last 6 years: How many 15 year old footballers can ?35m buy?

I feel we're going to get 7 or 8 of the best "future talent" England and France has to offer.

You'll see, Arsenal will be SO FUCKING SICK in like 8-9 years.

Last edited:
Not if other club buy away all the 'future talent' by 4-5 years. Then it'll just repeat itself again.

My post was largely cynical and sarcastic in nature, sir.

Last edited:
That reminds me, I'll start a 2011/12 UCL Thread once the qualifiers are finished.

Q: Include Europa League again or seperate thread or not bother?
I'd say keep both in the same thread as not to turn this into The Football Forum, but it's true the Europa League has an awful lot of matches to keep track of. :lol:

BBC Sport - La Liga strike to go ahead as talks collapse in Spain

This is about wages reduction in Spain, the first two leagues are going to miss game 1.

I'd say keep both in the same thread as not to turn this into The Football Forum, but it's true the Europa League has an awful lot of matches to keep track of. :lol:

OK, will do.

What I will do to start with is only post English teams and any requests for teams that members may want included (e.g. Braga), to keep the size of the results lists down in the early rounds.

:)

^
Good!

And I will set up the new UCL 2011/12 Thread later as the draw was made today. :smile: