My sister has been diagnosed with cancer of the uterus...

Other than the disease itself I think the consequences can be devastating for a young woman who has not had a child yet, if the desire is there... Wish her all the best!

Hopefully they caught it early enough and she makes a quick and smooth recovery. You know that all of us here on FG will be keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.

Ouch, sorry to hear that, hopefully your sis will do just fine. :)

That sucks. I now know three girls with this. Everywhere I looked up it should be "rare".

I'll keep her in my prayers man...

Thank you all for the kind and encouraging words. As I type this, she is in surgery to see how far the cancer is gone. We're, obviously, hoping for good news. We will know in a couple of hours where we stand.

I will keep you all updated as I get the info.

Thank you all for the kind and encouraging words. As I type this, she is in surgery to see how far the cancer is gone. We're, obviously, hoping for good news. We will know in a couple of hours where we stand.

I will keep you all updated as I get the info.

fingers crossed and best wishes buddy.

It turns out we have been given a break.

After exploratory scoping, it's been determined it's localized and treatable. It's in stage 2. Chemo will still have to be done, and a hysterectomy later. But it looks like she will be okay.

Given the situation, I'm as happy and relieved as I can be.

Excellent news and i hope all goes well. hopefully you and your family will be able to relax now.

Good luck. Chemo can be hard going, and she's going to need some help to get through it. But it's pretty good news :D

Please do watch this. There is hope. I learned about this about 10 days ago:

Unproven since 1976. Unknown statuses on clinicaltrials.gov. (no updates). Small samples compared to larger samples of other treatments in that film, single cases, still low % of cures in the small samples.

To prove the treatment one needs to conduct double-blind placebo controlled studies, which is easier said than done because of the fact that the disease might be fatal. Especially in the group this doctor chooses. Obviously no one wants to receive the placebo.

Like for many other conditions that are sometimes hard to cure or simply incurable there are many out there claiming to have the cure but the treatment turns out to be ineffective with either good intentions or knowingly taking advantage of peoples desperation in a health crisis. This Burzynski treatment costs $100,000 and more (according to wikipedia, couldn't find a reliable source).

If he believes the FDA is trying to screw him over, why doesn't he conduct the clinical trials in other countries? Surely he must have had a moment to consider this in the past 35 years of promoting his treatment.

Beware.

I wanted to give you all an update with some great news.

She had a hysterectomy today and the surgery went well. The doctor also removed some lymph nodes and said everything looked fine. She may not even have to have radiation.

We're all very happy right now!

Yeah! She can kick cancer's sorry arse to the curb! *hands you some steel-toe boots for her* :)

:dance: excellent news!!!

I wanted to give you all an update with some great news.

She had a hysterectomy today and the surgery went well. The doctor also removed some lymph nodes and said everything looked fine. She may not even have to have radiation.

We're all very happy right now!

Yeah! She can kick cancer's sorry arse to the curb! *hands you some steel-toe boots for her* :)

great news! i'll throw in a baseball bat as well so she can do that extra bit of damage.

Very happy for you! Great to hear they caught it early enough, that's always the best news you can get :)

My GF's dad was diagnosed with bowel cancer yesterday and on Thursday he's going into surgery to determine whether it has spread or not, here's hoping we get the same news you did.

Very happy for you! Great to hear they caught it early enough, that's always the best news you can get :)

My GF's dad was diagnosed with bowel cancer yesterday and on Thursday he's going into surgery to determine whether it has spread or not, here's hoping we get the same news you did.

I wish him the best! It's such a scary ride, but hope is a powerful tool.