FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kadett is in one piece again, just in time for the Ringmeet!

List of VF-Shops in Frankfurt:
http://www.vodafone.de/shopadressen/Ort_Frankfurt_am_Main.html

Just did a quick check on google maps, all of them are 12-15km into FFM. I'd say the one at K?nigsteiner Str. 3c (3rd from bottom) is the closest one and doesn't lead you into downtown FFM and its traffic. Otherwise any vf-store you come across will probably do.

thanks... you basically answered my question. I just wasn't quite sure how to reliably find an easy one to get to from the airport.

I'm guessing it might be better to go to a 'vodafone shop' rather than a 'service point'? Obviously one of the requirements is that someone in the store speaks english as well, so something closer to the city where international travel is more common is probably my best chance.

Last edited:
DSC_9255.jpg

^ I've got one of those posters, and it hangs proud in my room :)

Suedschleifchen
:lmao:

I'm guessing it might be better to go to a 'vodafone shop' rather than a 'service point'? Obviously one of the requirements is that someone in the store speaks english as well, so something closer to the city where international travel is more common is probably my best chance.
Yeah, I agree. Better yet, at or close to the airport.

[Nordschleife poster]
I need to have one of those, only with "Kart track" written on it instead of "Grand-Prix-Strecke". :D

As you can see on the list, there are no vf-shops close to the airport. They are mostly all in downtown FFM, some not but they're on exactly the wrong sides of FFM. If you wanna go downtown, go for one of the shops at the "Zeil" (streetname), thats like *the*s shoppingstreet in Frankfurt, if they don't speak english there, they won't anywhere.

Bad news, everyone! :cry:

Being ahead of schedule means we're pushing up a partial go-live to ... yeah, you guessed it, Friday :( means no leaving at noon :cry:

That's what you get for working a little too good, narf... I hope you learned your lesson. :p :D ;)

Shame... I guess coming down on Saturday is also out of the question? (At my company, nothing is going productive if the people responsible have the next day off...)

So, is anyone up for making an estimate of a more or less exact number for dinner on saturday? I need to warn the restaurant. ;)

That's what you get for working a little too good, narf... I hope you learned your lesson. :p :D ;)

Shame... I guess coming down on Saturday is also out of the question? (At my company, nothing is going productive if the people responsible have the next day off...)

Yeah, right :tease:

Setting off here on Saturday means I'd arrive for the scenic drive and leave after dinner, I need to be back here on Sunday for sailing preparations. It had been a tight but workable schedule if I could do the drive down on Friday in the afternoon/evening, but with that likely scratched... :cry:

The +1s are already included in the 35. ;)

Excellent! In about 2 days, I'll have reached the campsite and start getting drunk! :eek:

aaight, so I just add my 2 +1s and wait a bit more to allow everyone to protest, then I?ll call the place. :D

No, wait! Adrian just said Lars aint comming. Asking about their +1s right now...

Lars and +1 are out, Adrian and +1 are still in. So thats 35 *with* your two, ford.

<Adrian> lars is not coming, thomas
<thomas> and lars and his +1 are out, right?
<Adrian> correct

Last edited:
OK, I took Lars +1 out and deleted the other lists, too, since it's jut 3 days until the meet, it's unlikely that someone on that list will decide it until then. Spontaneous people are still able to attend, of course.

My Alfa decided it didn't want rear brakes so it ruined them. Can't get the Alfa fixed in time, but still comeing.
New plan is to take a plane to D?sseldorf and borrow my aunts car and drive to the ring:)

Status
Not open for further replies.