Buy a Sidekick, CJ, or Wrangler?

Didn't that version of the 90 degree V6 run incredibly rough?

Yeah, it was the 225 odd fire which had some unique characteristics. But if your dad is considering stuff like old CJs, refinement has got to be pretty low on the list. :p

Well if it came with the 90 degree he can always swap in the V8 from his Disco. :p

Why would he do that? The V6 probably makes more power than the Disco V8. :p

Heh, not the AMC version. :p

AMC brought in their engines with the 1972 model year. The old Buick V6 installed from 66-72 made 160hp. It was said you could easily do a 4-wheel burnout with the V6 in your CJ5. The AMC inline sixes however, made about 4hp, which means the discos 47hp would be an upgrade. :p

YJ with the 4.0L and 5-speed. I love the CJs, but the YJ in that configuration was tough as nails.

Yup, just avoid the 87-90 ones like the plague with special consideration to the 87-89 which had the marvelous (read: horrendous) Peugeot 5-speed which costs about 2500 bucks to rebuild.

Also, if you go for the 91+ model you get the HO 4.0L, which is the one to have.

Samurai.

I have owned probably six or so. Wheeled them all over the state. I love em. I would make those yamaha rhino's look dumb in the woods and i could still do 65mph down the freeway.

OR, a lightly lifted tracker. I had one with all Old man emu suspension. It rode like a caddi, and was BAD ASS on the trails. Cheap too.

Samurai's are great. I have popped tcases, trannys, engines. ALL SORTS OF SHIT during my carrer with them. If you ever need info or have a suzuki question, I can try and help.

Oh and the AX-15 is ok.
An AX5...Is a Peugeot BOMB.. POS.

Last edited: