GoPro owners club

Viper007Bond: *shrug* You still get the ultra wide angle, this is just the lens on the casing, which is not really a lens in terms of magnification. The deal with refraction indexes is such that unless you have a perfectly flat translucent material, though, the nodal point will be elsewhere and the image will be out of focus. Normal underwater casings can get away with that, because they're made for cameras which can change their focus, the GoPro is fixed. :(

Avanti: Should be fine, provided you have a high quality enough device for recording. The GoPro itself has no external mic input.

Can I leave this here? Not about cars, but taken from a GoPro nonetheless. Taken in 960P 4:3 resolution as it does give more picture up and down, which is better for cycling.

First half of the video the camera was worn by me, with a Chesty mount. The latter half my buddy took over. He's a little skinnier than I am, so it shook a lot, despite some attempts at tightening the straps.

[youtube]M1B5tR3DG2Y[/youtube]

I am participating in a off-road event (64km) next saturday and I am borrowing my friends GoPro. Is the helmet mount fine to use? Whci format should I go for, is the battery time of about 2-3 hrs long enough? (No HD..) Any other tips and hints?

Viper007Bond: *shrug* You still get the ultra wide angle, this is just the lens on the casing, which is not really a lens in terms of magnification. The deal with refraction indexes is such that unless you have a perfectly flat translucent material, though, the nodal point will be elsewhere and the image will be out of focus. Normal underwater casings can get away with that, because they're made for cameras which can change their focus, the GoPro is fixed. :(

Avanti: Should be fine, provided you have a high quality enough device for recording. The GoPro itself has no external mic input.

I think the quality of the focus is sufficient for what I want. I have used some one elsed before and just used it as is... but he only brought along the suction cup. Works well on the pool tiles, the image is a little fuzzy but within a certain range its ok for something thats going to end up on a projector as a background piece to entice new members to our club.

Read my question. Im talking about the windscreen. If it provides quality sound at 200 kmh or not.

If mine ever arrives I can test to probably 150, but I dunno if my little Mazda 2 even does 180 let alone 200...

It's been more than a week now and no windscreen. It'd better arrive before this weekend.

If mine ever arrives I can test to probably 150, but I dunno if my little Mazda 2 even does 180 let alone 200...

It's been more than a week now and no windscreen. It'd better arrive before this weekend.

that'd be much appreciated

So apparently my parcel is still in Florida. How it can take them a week to do precisely NOTHING is beyond me.
Sorry haz, but I have a feeling it might be a while before I can post any results.

Read my question. Im talking about the windscreen. If it provides quality sound at 200 kmh or not.

Frankly no. Any time it's in the wind you'll get wind noise. I mean that's what you'd hear with your ear. The thing can't work miracles, it only helps some.

Here's a recent video I made, sound is from the GoPro (with Micover on) in the 1st run whereas the 2nd run is with a camera inside the car. You can see the GoPro/Micover combo works alright. Both runs are to about 120mph. Sound quality is decent provided you have a car that can make some noise. [Camaro has longtube headers, true duals and a cam for those who were wondering.]

[video=youtube;Wvsm-RJ5zk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvsm-RJ5zk0[/video]

Frankly no. Any time it's in the wind you'll get wind noise. I mean that's what you'd hear with your ear. The thing can't work miracles, it only helps some.

Thanks Viper.

Now, I'm not an owner -but I am borrowing a GoProHero from a friend at work and I am using it for a 64 km forresten cycle run on saturday. I tested the camera with a helmet mount, this morning going to work:

All help/ tips are much obliged..

Parkveien, nice location!

How the heck did you see that!?? Are you an embassy dude or something? All the embassys are located around us..

How the heck did you see that!?? Are you an embassy dude or something? All the embassys are located around us..

It's classified. I could tell you, but then I'd have to....:p

Ice, and everyone else, I am having a hard time finding the Sony PX820 recorder, is there any real noticeable difference between that one and for example the Sony ICD-PX312? is the 820 out of production?

That's some odd behaviour for what I think is a Commodore; it gets very light at the rear. In future, I'd suggest the driver uses smoother inputs and stays on the throttle while cornering.

Loved the expletives :p