Random Thoughts....

Speaking of working out, a 24-hour gym would really help my life out a lot right now.

Spent all week working on the roll bar for my car (it's a tough job to do when you're by yourself) and I haven't been all week. I'm slackin', yo!

Is it bad to play the word "RAPE" in Scrabble, even if I get a triple letter score?

:unsure:

That's creepy hemoh. Reminds me of a story I read recently of a woman in Sydney who lay dead in her apartment for eight years before anyone realised. Bit scary to realise how easy it is for people to become so isolated in today's society that something like that can happen, despite the fact that we've allegedly never been more 'connected' in history.

Gah I wish I would have played the lottery ....I could use some powerball winnings..:)

Is it bad to play the word "RAPE" in Scrabble, even if I get a triple letter score?

:unsure:

No, the triple letter score makes it totally worth it. :p

K 3 things:

1. While I was in my group cycle class and they had various types of music playing, a song by Timbaland popped up. I actually knew and liked the song so I started like mouthing the lyrics. While most of the song is good, there's one part where Timbaland says the n-word. I saw some other white chick in my class (I'm the only non-white person in a class of like 30) also mouth off the words.... and right as she gets to that part, she totally freezes up and mis-steps. I lol'd. Apologies to RickHamilton, MallyDangerous, and other black people on this forum.

2. While on my way back to work (we have a remote observing session with the Keck observatory in Hawaii), I heard this Asian guy talk to a white dude. He had a thick accent and I overhear him say "They rearry check your sperring and grammar". I lol'd because I'm sure the Asian dude has impeccable spelling and grammar despite the hilarious accent. Apologies to Blaro, LCG, Skidd, and other Asians on here for that one.

3. I bought some chips and queso salsa to snack on during our observing run. The queso salsa requires microwaving and requires a microwave-safe bowl. We don't have one. However we do have pyrex beakers.... and my labmate Natalie and I are totally considering microwaving the cheese in that. We are such fucking dorks, it's unbelievable.

3. I bought some chips and queso salsa to snack on during our observing run. The queso salsa requires microwaving and requires a microwave-safe bowl. We don't have one. However we do have pyrex beakers.... and my labmate Natalie and I are totally considering microwaving the cheese in that. We are such fucking dorks, it's unbelievable.

Do eeet.. reminds me of the scene in The Big Bang Theory where Leslie Winkle used a laser to heat up her noodles.

I finished my last college assignment 7 hours ago. It still hasn't sunk in yet that I'm actually done.

I just spent an hour trying to wrestle a goddamn bolt into my roll bar. I'm so angry I could tear a baby's head off with my bare hands.

I finished my last college assignment 7 hours ago. It still hasn't sunk in yet that I'm actually done.

Oh, no, you are not done yet. Now you have to pay off the loans. Ain't debt fun?

Went through my MSN contacts list out of curiosity, and thought the list of the countries my MSN friends were from is interesting:

8 friends: Australia
7 friends: United Kingdom
6 friends: United States
5 friends: New Zealand
2 friends each: Germany, Sweden
1 friend each: France, Slovenia, Greece, Trinidad and Tobago, Pakistan, Colombia, Portugal, Ireland, Mexico, Armenia, China, Netherlands, Bulgaria, Brazil, Russia

Went through my MSN contacts list out of curiosity, and thought the list of the countries my MSN friends were from is interesting:[...]
I have 0 MSN friends. :cry:

But maybe that?s because I don?t use MSN ... :blush:

But seriously, it is interesting. Not knowing you, I would guess you are not too rooted in New Zealand ... seeing how "local" people are outnumbered quite a lot by people from other parts of the globe.

True Story: I never really knew anything about New Zealand (apart where it is geographically) untill Lord of the Rings came along ... then some years down the line, I was in Denmark briefly and went through Sj?lland (Zealand), and had one of these Moments where you suddenly realize something everybody else already knew for half their life ... and then thinks you are a colossal moron for realizing New Zealand is the "new Zealand" like "new York", "new Orleans" etc. It totally hadn?t occured to me untill then ...